Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 10:18 AM, Alaska Darin said:

That ability and his consistent use of that technique is what stood out to me as a defining trait when I watched his highlight videos. It’s “Old School” now a days.

For the past 30 years or more DBs have gone to the shoulder bump to try to knock either the receiver out or to separate the ball from him. “Tackling” was not even an afterthought. 

Neon Deion popularized it because he didn’t want to get hurt. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-s-most-underappreciated-players-tee-higgins-d-j-reed-among-afc-picks

S · Age: 32

APY: $9.625 million (15th among safeties).

A neck injury ended Hyde's season in September after two games, and I don't usually include players who lost that much time to injury in this piece. But I decided to make room for him, because his projected win share for 2023 is very high, and because of his overall impressive body of work. PFF gives Hyde a coverage grade of 95.2 since 2017, ranking second at the position over that time period. Next Gen Stats also shows he's allowed a passer rating of just 63.5 in that span, ranking eighth best among all defensive backs (minimum 100 targets). In the brutal QB gauntlet of the AFC -- and in the AFC East specifically -- Hyde's value is very important, especially considering he'll be paired again with Jordan Poyer, who elected to re-sign in free agency. Hyde and Poyer forecast to have the highest win share for any two starters at the safety position.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I agree with this...

2023 NFL secondary rankings: New York Jets, Miami Dolphins take top spots

10. BUFFALO BILLS
Projected starters: CB Tre’Davious White, CB Kaiir Elam, CB Taron Johnson, S Micah Hyde, S Jordan Poyer

White has struggled with injuries the past two seasons, and the Bills' secondary as a whole was banged up a season ago. If this unit can put together a healthy season in 2023, expect a return to the top-tier form that saw this group put up a 90.6 coverage grade in 2021 and an 88.9 coverage grade in 2019.

Who PFF lists above them:

1. Jets
2. Dolphins
3. Eagles
4. Broncos
5. Ravens
6. Cowboys
7. Chiefs
8. Browns
9. 49ers

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

I don't know if I agree with this...

2023 NFL secondary rankings: New York Jets, Miami Dolphins take top spots

10. BUFFALO BILLS
Projected starters: CB Tre’Davious White, CB Kaiir Elam, CB Taron Johnson, S Micah Hyde, S Jordan Poyer

White has struggled with injuries the past two seasons, and the Bills' secondary as a whole was banged up a season ago. If this unit can put together a healthy season in 2023, expect a return to the top-tier form that saw this group put up a 90.6 coverage grade in 2021 and an 88.9 coverage grade in 2019.

Who PFF lists above them:

1. Jets
2. Dolphins
3. Eagles
4. Broncos
5. Ravens
6. Cowboys
7. Chiefs
8. Browns
9. 49ers

"White has struggled with injuries the past two seasons?"

White tore his ACL two seasons ago, and spent last season recovering from it.  And by all accounts, he's healed well from it.  He hasn't struggled with injuries, he's had one injury, with which he doesn't seem to have struggled.  :facepalm:

• Like 1