Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

want to improve tackling?

they should actually practice live tackling

not just watching bad tackling on tape from prior games

• clown 2

the heavy reliance on top notch safety play was really felt last year when the injuries hit.

Almost mandatory they need to draft one early

https://buffalofambase.com/2023/01/31/elimination-game-safeties-in-the-2023-nfl-draft/

The results: (c) Dean Kindig, BuffaloFAMBase.com@TCBILLS_Astro

image-2-1024x354.png

The “TACKL” column pretty much confirms tackling skill; these were taken from NFLDraftBuzz, and would add Jordan Battle as one of the best 3 in wrap-up tackling, with Trey Dean and Josh Proctor in the mix.

The “Intvw” column, is a subjective eval of an interview of each player (part of my job as an educator). The five best interviews that spoke “Process to me were Jordan Battle, Ronnie Hickman, Jammie Robinson, Josh Proctor, and A.J. Finley.

The Winners:

Note that Jordan Battle and Jammie Robinson score top 5 in everything, and are two of my three pet cats for the Bills at Safety in the 2023 NFL Draft. The other is either Ronnie Hickman early, or DeMarcco Hellams on Day 3.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2023 at 2:41 PM, Spartacus said:

the heavy reliance on top notch safety play was really felt last year when the injuries hit.

Almost mandatory they need to draft one early

https://buffalofambase.com/2023/01/31/elimination-game-safeties-in-the-2023-nfl-draft/

The results: (c) Dean Kindig, BuffaloFAMBase.com@TCBILLS_Astro

image-2-1024x354.png

The “TACKL” column pretty much confirms tackling skill; these were taken from NFLDraftBuzz, and would add Jordan Battle as one of the best 3 in wrap-up tackling, with Trey Dean and Josh Proctor in the mix.

The “Intvw” column, is a subjective eval of an interview of each player (part of my job as an educator). The five best interviews that spoke “Process to me were Jordan Battle, Ronnie Hickman, Jammie Robinson, Josh Proctor, and A.J. Finley.

The Winners:

Note that Jordan Battle and Jammie Robinson score top 5 in everything, and are two of my three pet cats for the Bills at Safety in the 2023 NFL Draft. The other is either Ronnie Hickman early, or DeMarcco Hellams on Day 3.

Isn’t that exactly why they signed Taylor Rapp?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Isn’t that exactly why they signed Taylor Rapp?

that's assuming they sign Rapp next year,

they will still need another quality S to back up this year and to get trained for when Hyde & Poyer hit the wall or get injured

• Applause 1

6 hours ago, Spartacus said:

they will still need another quality S to back up this year and to get trained for when Hyde & Poyer hit the wall or get injured

I think GMBB was quite specific about signing the right players to one year contracts - in order to fit under the CAP. More restructurings should happen next year. But let's get through the 2023 season first.

That said, I'm pretty sure they'll pick a Safety where they're comfortable with his talent and price.

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 1

disagree about tackling.

the tackling by the Bills safeties is absolutely critical to their defensive philosophy.

pretty surprising Joe B blows it off, since he admits there is no obvious size / weight metric 

the Astro analysis looks to be a more interesting prediction

https://theathletic.com/4402516/2023/04/12/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-2/

After this season, though, they might need to start with a long-term plan. Hyde and Poyer are each entering their age-32 seasons, which is the first issue, but both Hyde and Rapp are free agents after the year.

On top of that, being a sound tackler is nice but not an outright necessity as long as the player shows enough willingness to tackle that the team can work with through fundamentals.

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 4/9/2023 at 9:29 AM, Spartacus said:

Only reason they wouldn't is if they got...

...wait for it!...

...a bad Rapp.

(@Alaska Darin, just to torture him.)

• Facepalm 2
  • Haha 3

SquirminThurman
On 4/9/2023 at 9:29 AM, Spartacus said:

I'm pretty sure Rapp is more of a 'box S' type. Good tackler (his fundamentals look excellent), but a bit weaker on the coverage side. Jamal Adams type.

If Milano is like having a S playing LB, Rapp is like a LB playing S. He should get looks on downs where the Bills Defense wants a heavy secondary. The 'Big Nickel/ Big S' type plays. 1 year is good to see how he adapts to the Bills defensive scheme.

Was a smart move overall. No one knows how Hyde will come back from an injury similar to Eric Wood/ Aaron Williams, and no one knows what Hamlin's situation is. Improvement over J Johnson and calling Marlowe off the scrap heap again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Only reason they wouldn't is if they got...

...wait for it!...

...a bad Rapp.

(@Alaska Darin, just to torture him.)

It's like I hear my own voice though my kids' ears when I read this.

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, snafu said:

It's like I hear my own voice though my kids' ears when I read this.

I'm sometimes surprised some of you haven't blocked me for this awful humor.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Why block, for him it's situation normal. 

• Cheers 1

SquirminThurman
22 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I would but live in a glass house