Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

That clip really highlights how stupid that play design is, too.  Line up Henry seven yards deep with Tannenhill under center.  Then, rather than have Henry accelerate to Tannenhill and take the handoff, Tannenhill drops back five yards and hands it off.  And only then does Henry start to build up a head of steam.  

And that's why Elam makes the play.  The play develops so slow, so deep, that Henry has to run for five yards before recovering the LOS, giving Elam more than enough time to read it and meet him there.  

Elam still has to make the tackle, and makes a great one.  Can't blame that on the play design.  But holy Jesus, what a dumbass play design.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That clip really highlights how stupid that play design is, too.  Line up Henry seven yards deep with Tannenhill under center.  Then, rather than have Henry accelerate to Tannenhill and take the handoff, Tannenhill drops back five yards and hands it off.  And only then does Henry start to build up a head of steam.  

And that's why Elam makes the play.  The play develops so slow, so deep, that Henry has to run for five yards before recovering the LOS, giving Elam more than enough time to read it and meet him there.  

Elam still has to make the tackle, and makes a great one.  Can't blame that on the play design.  But holy Jesus, what a dumbass play design.

Also poor choice by Henry to cut back inside. 

• Like 1

If you've been on the board with me for years, you may know the four words I hate the most in any capacity.

"I told you so."

Today, I make an exception.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

Question for those of you in the know. While appreciate the sentiment of Frazier, I don't *think* it's as simple as Tre will "be back soon." Will he not still need a week or two to get into practices to ensure everything is okay?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Question for those of you in the know. While appreciate the sentiment of Frazier, I don't *think* it's as simple as Tre will "be back soon." Will he not still need a week or two to get into practices to ensure everything is okay?

I don't know if Tre White's return would lift everyone's spirits. If you're the guy who's being moved to the bench so he can play, how lifted would your spirits be? Whoever that player is, probably thinks that Tre should be brought along slowly. Err on the side of caution. Give him some extra time to recover. Make 100% sure everything is 100% okay before putting him back on the field.

• Like 3

Free agent CB Xavier Rhodes is visiting with the Bills. 

Buffalo has suffered a series of devastating secondary injuries in the season's first month, leaving them needy on the backend. In his eighth NFL season, Rhodes started 29 games for the Colts in 2020 and 2021. He had three interceptions over those two seasons. He could immediately play heavy snaps in Buffalo if the Bills sign him this week. 

RELATED: 
Sep 27, 2022, 8:59 AM ET
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Whatnot78 said:

Free agent CB Xavier Rhodes is visiting with the Bills. 

Buffalo has suffered a series of devastating secondary injuries in the season's first month, leaving them needy on the backend. In his eighth NFL season, Rhodes started 29 games for the Colts in 2020 and 2021. He had three interceptions over those two seasons. He could immediately play heavy snaps in Buffalo if the Bills sign him this week. 

RELATED: 
Sep 27, 2022, 8:59 AM ET

may want to have a chat with Joe Haden about un-retiring

not sure of his health status and conditioning

• Like 1

5 Bills thoughts and a prediction entering matchup against high-powered Ravens

4. If Poyer plays, will it be Damar Hamlin or Jaquan Johnson next to him?

We still don’t know whether the Bills will have top safety Poyer against the Ravens. Still, if their lack of roster activity at safety this week is a sign Poyer can play, it makes the other safety spot something to keep an eye on Sunday. All summer, it appeared Johnson had played his way into the third safety role and the top reserve for either Poyer or Hyde. But a few things developed through the Dolphins game. For one, Hamlin looked like a natural fit and had the more dynamic game at safety. He was also less prone to hesitation in coverage, which helped him to an impressive starting debut. But besides the player evaluation, Hamlin’s role against the Dolphins is the biggest reason to think he could play with Poyer.

Hamlin dropped back into the deep middle as the free safety almost triple the times as Johnson did, and that deep middle role was the one most often assumed by Hyde. If the Bills felt Hamlin was a better fit for that Hyde role when both players were absent, it stands to reason that they could flip-flop the preconceived notion of the safeties coming into the year. Before last Sunday, Hyde had missed only one regular-season start since Johnson entered the league. It was in 2020, and Dean Marlowe, not Johnson, started in Hyde’s place. Johnson has a bigger body of work within the scheme, so that could give him the edge over Hamlin, but it’s at the very least a conversation for the Bills.

• O Rly 1

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

5 Bills thoughts and a prediction entering matchup against high-powered Ravens

4. If Poyer plays, will it be Damar Hamlin or Jaquan Johnson next to him?

We still don’t know whether the Bills will have top safety Poyer against the Ravens. Still, if their lack of roster activity at safety this week is a sign Poyer can play, it makes the other safety spot something to keep an eye on Sunday. All summer, it appeared Johnson had played his way into the third safety role and the top reserve for either Poyer or Hyde. But a few things developed through the Dolphins game. For one, Hamlin looked like a natural fit and had the more dynamic game at safety. He was also less prone to hesitation in coverage, which helped him to an impressive starting debut. But besides the player evaluation, Hamlin’s role against the Dolphins is the biggest reason to think he could play with Poyer.

Hamlin dropped back into the deep middle as the free safety almost triple the times as Johnson did, and that deep middle role was the one most often assumed by Hyde. If the Bills felt Hamlin was a better fit for that Hyde role when both players were absent, it stands to reason that they could flip-flop the preconceived notion of the safeties coming into the year. Before last Sunday, Hyde had missed only one regular-season start since Johnson entered the league. It was in 2020, and Dean Marlowe, not Johnson, started in Hyde’s place. Johnson has a bigger body of work within the scheme, so that could give him the edge over Hamlin, but it’s at the very least a conversation for the Bills.

Johnson was getting a ton of snaps in the regular defense before either safety was injured.  He's pretty clearly the guy, regardless.

I love Hamlin's game against the run, though.  He comes up with authority and is a hard hitter.

Frankly I'm wondering if the opponent matters more than the position (Baltimore being more of a running team).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Johnson was getting a ton of snaps in the regular defense before either safety was injured.  He's pretty clearly the guy, regardless.

I love Hamlin's game against the run, though.  He comes up with authority and is a hard hitter.

Frankly I'm wondering if the opponent matters more than the position (Baltimore being more of a running team).

I hear you. Maybe put Hamlin in on obvious running downs and then swap him out for Johnson on 3rd downs or long downs?

Chandemonium

I know he’s eligible to come off PUP after this week, but has there been any word on if Tre will actually be ready to return to practice?

• I don't know 2