Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

5 hours ago, Ann said:

He caught a floater? 
He is a floater?
I'm confused.

why didn't he just stay on his feet, catch it in his hands and run it back for a pick 6?

why jump and get hit in the gut?

doesn't trust his ability to catch?

• I don't know 1

10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

why didn't he just stay on his feet, catch it in his hands and run it back for a pick 6?

why jump and get hit in the gut?

doesn't trust his ability to catch?

He said the same thing in his post game press conference.  Was disappointed he didn't just run through it and score.

I'm just glad he played/caught the football.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to hear from anyone analyzing the tape from yesterday to comment on Elam.  Jags completed a bunch of passes on him, but it looked like he was giving a big cushion so those out routes were wide open.

Last year was up and down but it seemed like he was pretty decent most of the time, so curious if people think he's taken a step back, or is still a salvageable player.

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
11 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I'd like to hear from anyone analyzing the tape from yesterday to comment on Elam.  Jags completed a bunch of passes on him, but it looked like he was giving a big cushion so those out routes were wide open.

Last year was up and down but it seemed like he was pretty decent most of the time, so curious if people think he's taken a step back, or is still a salvageable player.

I have not seen the All-22 but to me, the few times he was on the "target", he was just a little slow to react to the game. 

There was one play (it was as 3rd down deep in Jax territory) where he was in a press but I think bailed too early before the snap while Lawrence was looking right at him.  Ridley ran right at him, stopped turned and caught an easy ball for a first down.  It was a very typical "Frazier-type" coverage that has driven us all crazy. 

It looks to me like the BILLS have essentially hurt his confidence.  Is he "salvageable"?  That's an impossible question to answer but I doubt they stop trying just based on his age/draft status.  I was hoping when the BILLS drafted him that we were going to use more outside press because that's what Elam is - a press coverage CB.  I try not to complain about "Square Peg/Round Hole" drafting because we've had success with guys like Milano but man, Elam seems to have a little of the EJ "slow eyes" thing going on. 

Just to reiterate:  I REALLY wanted Breece Hall at that pick.

• Cheers 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I have not seen the All-22 but to me, the few times he was on the "target", he was just a little slow to react to the game. 

There was one play (it was as 3rd down deep in Jax territory) where he was in a press but I think bailed too early before the snap while Lawrence was looking right at him.  Ridley ran right at him, stopped turned and caught an easy ball for a first down.  It was a very typical "Frazier-type" coverage that has driven us all crazy. 

It looks to me like the BILLS have essentially hurt his confidence.  Is he "salvageable"?  That's an impossible question to answer but I doubt they stop trying just based on his age/draft status.  I was hoping when the BILLS drafted him that we were going to use more outside press because that's what Elam is - a press coverage CB.  I try not to complain about "Square Peg/Round Hole" drafting because we've had success with guys like Milano but man, Elam seems to have a little of the EJ "slow eyes" thing going on. 

Again, only based on what little I watched yesterday, but Elam to me looked slow to react like he was overthinking things - as though he's been coached a lot on what not to do ("Stop &#%$ing holding!"), and focused on that to the detriment of doing what he needs to do.  

I'm not rewatching the game to confirm that, though.  &#%$ that game.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Elam will probably get some more game snaps in the coming weeks even with Benford coming back.  Maybe with some more reps he will improve.  Most likely the Bills won't give up on him until the off-season given it's just year 2 for him.  When your first round pick isn't able to make the opening day active roster that second year, it sure is a disappointment.  

Ingram, Lewis and Neal aren't better options?  

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Josh Norman

Really hoping he's here more to be a player coach from the PS than a guy that actually gets elevated and put into a real game.

They're likely going to be bringing in more guys to the PS, and the list of guys with experience in their system has to be dwindling.  If they think a player like him can help these guys figure the system out, then it might be a very good signing.  If not, PLEASE trade for Wallace and hope the rest of the secondary stays healthy.

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Nothing says "desperation" quite like "signing Josh Norman in 2023."

They are desperate. Who'd you expect them to get six weeks in with no money to pay anyone?

45 minutes ago, Ann said:

They are desperate. Who'd you expect them to get six weeks in with no money to pay anyone?

Vontae Davis is probably available.

• Facepalm 2
  • Haha 1