Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

JJ Watt Released! [Signed with Arizona]

Ann

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

I think Cleveland may be more concerned than Pittsburgh.

I agree.

There's only a handful of teams he goes to if he wants a contender. Five years ago, whoddathunk the Bills and the Browns would be on a contender list? 

• Like 1

Break the f’n Bank. This is how teams get over the top. 

Fred Dean comes to mind. 
How many other final pieces of the puzzle have been rented short term to get over the hump?  
Gronk, Fournette, etc. ...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Possible J.J. Watt landing spots

</snip>

Buffalo Bills

If Watt is looking to chase a ring, Buffalo provides one of the best chances of getting the veteran to the Super Bowl in his first year. The Bills were one win from the Super Bowl in 2020, falling to the Chiefs in the AFC Championship Game, and Watt would create quite a tandem with Jerry Hughes off the edge. Buffalo's blue-collar fanbase would also be a perfect match with Watt, and would welcome him to Western New York with open arms.

The Bills have a little over a million more in space than the Titans and a clear cut in veteran Mario Addison to clear the room necessary (Addison's release would create roughly $6.1 million in new space) to add Watt. Sean McDermott's defensive minded team seems to be one of the best fits for Watt, with credit due to NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah for pointing out this potential marriage Friday.

</snip>

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

I'd not be surprised if his agent and he himself didn't know exactly who would and could sign them and for how much if he were to be released. I'm sure they'll entertain all offers but I think they already had a little bit of direction.

Let me go see who his agent is...

On 2/12/2021 at 4:16 PM, Nanker said:

Break the f’n Bank. This is how teams get over the top. 

Fred Dean comes to mind. 
How many other final pieces of the puzzle have been rented short term to get over the hump?  
Gronk, Fournette, etc. ...

Yup....KC with Frank Clark, Tampa with half the team, etc.

If they bring the same guys back (with or without Milano) on the front 7 the Bills will not go any further than they did this year.  They have to have more than one impact player on defense.

• Like 3