Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

JJ Watt Released! [Signed with Arizona]

Ann

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

So much for, "Has enough money, wants a ring." 

Note: I cannot blame him. There are only so many years for these guys to get paid, and if they get paid enough, they, their children, their grandchildren, are set for life.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

So much for, "Has enough money, wants a ring." 

That was my first thought as well.

And while I'm not the one you would turn to for solid takes on NFL spending vs. the cap, I'm at least smart enough to know I'm glad the Bills didn't try to pay him 23M guaranteed when there are so many other issues that need to be addressed at OBD financially.

• Like 3

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

When I see those numbers all I think is that the Bills just did this: 

Dodging Bullets GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I am not heartbroken over this and at those numbers? I am relieved the Bills did not sign him.

• Like 4

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Ann said:

I am not heartbroken over this and at those numbers? I am relieved the Bills did not sign him.

Yup. Now they can sign Williams and Mongo, plus go out and get Jonnu Smith and possibly another piece or two.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Are we SURE that this just isn't a hint that he is going to the Bills ?

bills-cardinals-football-77407.jpg

😇

Whatsamatta? You couldn't find a photo of my girlfriend getting banged by my best friend so you decided to post the next best thing?

• Wow 1
  • Haha 4

In Arizona, Watt will be paired with fellow pass rusher Chandler Jones, who leads the NFL in sacks since he was drafted in the first round in 2012 with 97. Second during that span is Watt with 95.5.

Other than the money, I bet this was significant in his decision making.

• Like 1

Seasons1992
20 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I hope a groin pull sidelines him the whole year. Eat dicks, JJ!

Don't wish injury on people, Doc. It could just as easily be Josh and the season is derailed.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

I bet Russell Wilson is super happy he already started bitching about getting hit so much.  Bosa, Donald, Watt, Jones, etc...in the SAME DIVISION.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Hopkins must have sold him....on the golf.

This is what I'm thinking. He got accustomed to the heat of the South. Houston is a pretty humid heat though and Phoenix won't approach that level.

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Don't wish injury on people, Doc. It could just as easily be Josh and the season is derailed.

Cheesus Crust....I knew I’d get one of these. Sir, I hope Mr. Watt pulls his groin. I wish it, and I will celebrate it if it happens. Why? I’m petty, that’s why. 

• Haha 2