Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Gardening / Homesteading

The Guy In Pants

The Guy In Pants

Survey is finally done. County should approve this week. Been very busy clearing. Trying to keep as much good hardwood as possible for my future wood stove in the shop and fireplace in the house.

We went this morning and met the builder to pick out colors and options. Was a very good day but a somber one as my wife and I realized that without either of our parents to share life with; it’s not a good feeling even when it supposed to be.

Tractor has kicked ass and taken names. Very happy with it. 

C5CB3255-8350-444B-BEFB-C40ECB42C73D.jpeg

• Like 3

CarpetCrawler
On 5/6/2023 at 8:51 PM, The Guy In Pants said:

Survey is finally done. County should approve this week. Been very busy clearing. Trying to keep as much good hardwood as possible for my future wood stove in the shop and fireplace in the house.

We went this morning and met the builder to pick out colors and options. Was a very good day but a somber one as my wife and I realized that without either of our parents to share life with; it’s not a good feeling even when it supposed to be.

Tractor has kicked ass and taken names. Very happy with it. 

C5CB3255-8350-444B-BEFB-C40ECB42C73D.jpeg

Congrats on a good day, you make house calls with that thing???

• Like 2

The Guy In Pants

Ha! Every time I am on it and have the grapple on, someone needs it. I was using the bush hog last weekend or two ago and still had the grapple on; wife's uncle come over and asked me to move two old console TVs and a recliner to the curb. I saw him started my way and saw my wife talking to her grandpa. Apparently she told him that I have no issue helping with someone but at least do me the common courtesy of letting me finish the stuff I'm working on. She knows I absolutely hate to be actively working on something and someone come over and ask me to stop and do something else lol. So, I suppose it does from time to time lol

• Like 2

The Guy In Pants

We learned a valuable lesson last night. We will not rent to people with dogs again. Not because these people don't take care of him; but because they don't take care of him like I would and it bothers me tremendously. Oh well; lesson learned. 

• Like 3

The Guy In Pants

Supposed to close Friday on the property. Hadn’t heard from the guy doing my clearing for a week so I took it upon myself to continue. Now he “wishes I would have waited” to take the big oak down because he wanted to use the weight of the tree to get the root ball out.”

Oh well; needed to move on. I got shit to do and deadlines approaching. 

Builder stopped by Saturday unannounced. Wife said “there is someone sitting in our new driveway up there”. I rolled up with a “friend” and met him. Nice guy. Was a tad nervous but I said “just call me next time”. We take things a bit serious around here in terms of unauthorized access 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

The Guy In Pants

I know Jerry Springer is dead but ya'll, I still feel his presence....

The uncle is mad. What a show they all put on for us. Even though he reiterated "I'm not mad at ya'll, I'm mad at my daddy" 30 different ways, I am fairly certain he is mad at us as well. They all went back and forth the grandpa asking the uncle what he would do with it, the uncle saying just to have and grandpa responding that we were actually going to use the property for our family, the uncle coming back with "what family, they don't children" the grandpa coming back pointing out the uncle doesn't either, the uncle saying he has a step son, grandpa saying that's not a real stepson. Grandma chiming in that he should be happy for us and all the things my wife and I have done for everyone that we didn't really need to do. The uncle saying he isn't mad at us, grandma saying yes he is. Grandpa pointing out that the uncle is 62 and has Parkinson's and cant take of the property. The uncle threatening to leave and take the trans brother and the schitzo medicated cousin with him. Grandpa saying the uncle wanted it given to him but we are actually buying it and the uncle isn't getting things for free.....lol what a time. 

If this has taught me anything it has taught me that no matter what you do for others or how excited you are about something, no one is ever truly happy for you. Anyway; thought you would get a chuckle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

RochesterRob
2 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

The uncle is mad. What a show they all put on for us. Even though he reiterated "I'm not mad at ya'll, I'm mad at my daddy" 30 different ways, I am fairly certain he is mad at us as well. They all went back and forth the grandpa asking the uncle what he would do with it, the uncle saying just to have and grandpa responding that we were actually going to use the property for our family, the uncle coming back with "what family, they don't children" the grandpa coming back pointing out the uncle doesn't either, the uncle saying he has a step son, grandpa saying that's not a real stepson. Grandma chiming in that he should be happy for us and all the things my wife and I have done for everyone that we didn't really need to do. The uncle saying he isn't mad at us, grandma saying yes he is. Grandpa pointing out that the uncle is 62 and has Parkinson's and cant take of the property. The uncle threatening to leave and take the trans brother and the schitzo medicated cousin with him. Grandpa saying the uncle wanted it given to him but we are actually buying it and the uncle isn't getting things for free.....lol what a time. 

If this has taught me anything it has taught me that no matter what you do for others or how excited you are about something, no one is ever truly happy for you. Anyway; thought you would get a chuckle. 

........no one is ever truly happy for you.  I've walked many miles wearing those shoes.

• Love 3

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Show him these two memes :classic_laugh:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9521d95bd35df720fa76d

willy-wonka-stop-dont-come-back.gif

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Haha 3

CarpetCrawler
On 5/18/2023 at 5:40 AM, The Guy In Pants said:

I just have no tolerance for manufactured drama anymore. I would tell Uncle Bozo to shut the f@$k up or leave. And if he didn't shut up I'd enthusiastically facilitate his leaving. 

• Haha 3

The Guy In Pants
On 5/20/2023 at 5:54 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

I just have no tolerance for manufactured drama anymore. I would tell Uncle Bozo to shut the f@$k up or leave. And if he didn't shut up I'd enthusiastically facilitate his leaving. 

Wife and I took her grandparents out for dinner after we all signed. They admitted that there wasn't any way they would have sold it to any of their children. When the topic of the other 1 acre he kept with the rental on it was brought up by her grandmother; they said they would not even consider the kids and instead deed it to us with a life estate for one one of them. We agreed. The uncle believes he is going to get it but they are not going to tell him. 

My wife an I were up at the property yesterday; I finished moving the last bit of trees to the wood pile. She said "you know why I know this will all be ok?" I didn't so I asked her to tell me. She said "When I was coming home from Grandpas last week after signing the survey, I was crying because mom and daddy aren't here and I can't ask them for advice. When I was coming up the hill to turn on our road; there was a red heart foil balloon floating across the road." 

What are the odds of that? LOL

This Uncle has been driving wedges between family members and playing a victim for years. It took us buying this property to be the next target. What didn't work out for them was the fact that, unlike the other grandchildren, my wife has asked for and received ZERO from anyone. She's the only good grandchild. We work for what we have, our bills are never late. These others have squatted in houses that belonged to other family, no rent, destroyed vehicles and these houses. Most of them do not work; drugs, child support, borrowing money etc. So it is whatever. 

I feel good that they think so highly of us to endure the BS from their kids. I feel bad because I was impatient but it happened in the time it was supposed to. 

It appears that the focus has changed from "why are they getting the property and not me" to "You need to talk to them, I don't want cows that close to my house." lol

I should have known he was like this. He's a &#%$ing lefty. He literally still blames Trump for the economy lol. Says he set us back decades. I felt like doing what the monkeys at the zoo do and throwing my feces in his face but I didn't want to wash my hands again.

We aren't going to treat him any different. We will still help him although we know how he really is. 

The other grandpa we are taking care of is in the middle of a situation with his renters who are the same ones who destroyed the house he lives in now that we have to fix. They're the children of his second wife who passed. They will find out this week that my wife has power of attorney and their days are numbers. She's been waiting for a chance to get back at these people after what they did to her grandpa and stealing money from her mother. I may buy a box of popcorn to enjoy during the show. I am only one of a handful of people who know that my wife has a Beth Dutton streak hidden inside. I do my best to keep it caged lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

The Guy In Pants

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guess what the land grader just found in the "nothing has been buried there" area we were going to put the house?

Shit that has been buried there..... this may be a problem

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 2

CarpetCrawler
On 5/22/2023 at 5:59 AM, The Guy In Pants said:

Wife and I took her grandparents out for dinner after we all signed. They admitted that there wasn't any way they would have sold it to any of their children. When the topic of the other 1 acre he kept with the rental on it was brought up by her grandmother; they said they would not even consider the kids and instead deed it to us with a life estate for one one of them. We agreed. The uncle believes he is going to get it but they are not going to tell him. 

My wife an I were up at the property yesterday; I finished moving the last bit of trees to the wood pile. She said "you know why I know this will all be ok?" I didn't so I asked her to tell me. She said "When I was coming home from Grandpas last week after signing the survey, I was crying because mom and daddy aren't here and I can't ask them for advice. When I was coming up the hill to turn on our road; there was a red heart foil balloon floating across the road." 

What are the odds of that? LOL

This Uncle has been driving wedges between family members and playing a victim for years. It took us buying this property to be the next target. What didn't work out for them was the fact that, unlike the other grandchildren, my wife has asked for and received ZERO from anyone. She's the only good grandchild. We work for what we have, our bills are never late. These others have squatted in houses that belonged to other family, no rent, destroyed vehicles and these houses. Most of them do not work; drugs, child support, borrowing money etc. So it is whatever. 

I feel good that they think so highly of us to endure the BS from their kids. I feel bad because I was impatient but it happened in the time it was supposed to. 

It appears that the focus has changed from "why are they getting the property and not me" to "You need to talk to them, I don't want cows that close to my house." lol

I should have known he was like this. He's a &#%$ing lefty. He literally still blames Trump for the economy lol. Says he set us back decades. I felt like doing what the monkeys at the zoo do and throwing my feces in his face but I didn't want to wash my hands again.

We aren't going to treat him any different. We will still help him although we know how he really is. 

The other grandpa we are taking care of is in the middle of a situation with his renters who are the same ones who destroyed the house he lives in now that we have to fix. They're the children of his second wife who passed. They will find out this week that my wife has power of attorney and their days are numbers. She's been waiting for a chance to get back at these people after what they did to her grandpa and stealing money from her mother. I may buy a box of popcorn to enjoy during the show. I am only one of a handful of people who know that my wife has a Beth Dutton streak hidden inside. I do my best to keep it caged lol

Call Bravo, you have a serious reality show going on there my friend, might as well get some cash out of it. 

• Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
20 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guess what the land grader just found in the "nothing has been buried there" area we were going to put the house?

Shit that has been buried there..... this may be a problem

Ruh-roh...Is Uncle a Jeffrey Dahmer?:wacko:

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Haha 3

The Guy In Pants
21 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Ruh-roh...Is Uncle a Jeffrey Dahmer?:wacko:

LOL No; but at this point it might as well be so

• Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, The Guy In Pants said:

LOL No; but at this point it might as well be so

Phew, so I say we do a Family Feud style guessing format. I still say Indian burial ground...:quake:

• Like 3