Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Christian McCaffrey is back.

As expected, the Panthers activated their All-Pro running back Saturday. After missing six games with a high-ankle sprain, McCaffrey will make his long-awaited return Sunday against the Chiefs.

Carolina also activated defensive end Yetur Gross-Matos , who missed four games himself with a high-ankle sprain. The timing of their returns couldn't be better as the Panthers take on one of the NFL's best teams while trying to stop a three-game slide.

</snip>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

WTF is going on here?

We're going to find out that Gase is taking a page out of Bellicheck's* playbook: videotaping the Jets so he knows how to beat himself. 

• Haha 1

OKay, couple things as I take a break from preparing to move.

1) Big crawl spaces are great for storage while you live in a house, and you will cuss the poop out out of them as you need to get all the junk you have accumulated in 20 years to the dump!

2) Rule change needed in both college and NFL. I say inside of 15 seconds of either half, and inside say the offensive 30...all defensive penalties result in the clock being set back to where it was when ball was snapped.

Cant believe i never though of this as a defensive strategy...right now if my opponent had the ball with say  10 seconds left at the 10... i would just grab all the receivers and haul them down. right at the line of scrimmage. 2.5 yd penalty.but 4 seconds come off the clock. Do it again, 2.5 yd penalty but 4 seconds off the clock...now you have placed the offense in the position to either kick the FG, or try for the TD and not get another play off if they dont make a TD. 

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

OKay, couple things as I take a break from preparing to move.

1) Big crawl spaces are great for storage while you live in a house, and you will cuss the poop out out of them as you need to get all the junk you have accumulated in 20 years to the dump!

2) Rule change needed in both college and NFL. I say inside of 15 seconds of either half, and inside say the offensive 30...all defensive penalties result in the clock being set back to where it was when ball was snapped.

Cant believe i never though of this as a defensive strategy...right now if my opponent had the ball with say  10 seconds left at the 10... i would just grab all the receivers and haul them down. right at the line of scrimmage. 2.5 yd penalty.but 4 seconds come off the clock. Do it again, 2.5 yd penalty but 4 seconds off the clock...now you have placed the offense in the position to either kick the FG, or try for the TD and not get another play off if they dont make a TD. 

You could sell that idea to the *Patriots for $$$$.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Rex is the only guy in history to have a sex scandal with his own wife.

Falwell Jr. would like this to be true.

• Like 2

Somehow I didn't realize until last night that the Jets are sitting on some nice first and second round picks heading into the next two years, but somehow it feels like Cliffy Claven headed into Final Jeopardy.

19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Somehow I didn't realize until last night that the Jets are sitting on some nice first and second round picks heading into the next two years, but somehow it feels like Cliffy Claven headed into Final Jeopardy.

They’ll screw it up just like they blew the game last night against the *Patriots. 

• Like 1

BuffaloHokie13
6 minutes ago, Nanker said:

They’ll screw it up just like they blew the game last night against the **Patriots. 

If they're tanking for Trevor then they did exactly what they were supposed to! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Yikes. The *Patriots can buy whatever they want next year:

They're going to have to pay insane money to get anyone there.  It's not 10 years ago.  It's today. 

I know they have a lot of players out because of COVID but those guys aren't getting younger and that roster is not good.  If you're a receiver of any note, how much do they have to pay you to play there with the QB situation they're going to have?