Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

7 hours ago, GG1 said:

I kept getting notifications from Athletic how Lawrence and Wilson shined in their debuts.   I checked the stat sheet, and they were almost the same as Fromm....

Jake Fromm Empire State 8 of 13 for 65 yards, 0 TDS, 0 INTs

Jar Jar Binks Lawrence 6 of 9 for 71 yards, 0 TDS, 0 INTs

Zack Hawaiian Wilson 6 of 9 for 63 yards, 0 TDS, 0 INTs He was so impressive, the NFL game log stat site doesn’t even have him listed as having played. https://www.nfl.com/games/jets-at-giants-2021-pre-1?active-tab=watch

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Jake Fromm Empire State 8 of 13 for 65 yards, 0 TDS, 0 INTs

Jar Jar Binks Lawrence 6 of 9 for 71 yards, 0 TDS, 0 INTs

Zack Hawaiian Wilson 6 of 9 for 63 yards, 0 TDS, 0 INTs He was so impressive, the NFL game log stat site doesn’t even have him listed as having played. https://www.nfl.com/games/jets-at-giants-2021-pre-1?active-tab=watch

To be fair, Wilson and Lawrence faced the 1s and 2s. Fromm faced the 3s and guys that will end up on practice squads if they are fortunate. 

1 minute ago, bdutton said:

To be fair, Wilson and Lawrence faced the 1s and 2s. Fromm faced the 3s and guys that will end up on practice squads if they are fortunate. 

Fair enough,but I'd like to have at least one series where the stars had Bobby Hart protecting the blind side.  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bdutton said:

True, but Jake was supported by our 2s and 3s too. 

• Like 1

You know who looked pretty good in clean up yesterday was Kyle Lauletta, the QB3 in Cleveland. He was playing with 2s and 3s, but he made some nice reads and throws, held a good pace under center and went 19/27 for 212 and 2 TDs.

The other QB3 who should probably move to QB2 was CJ Beathard in Jacksonville. I liked him off the bench for the 49ers, and he absolutely outplayed Minschew, going 13/16 for 102 and 1 TD. But just some terrific throws.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bdutton said:

I saw Wilson. He didn’t vomit on himself. Lots of handoffs. A couple throws that he shouldn’t have attempted.  A couple nice throws. One designed rollout to a wide open receiver. One drive he started inside the Jets 10 and he took then past midfield.  Looked like he could throw to his first option on a basic play. If things didn’t go right, he tried forcing throws. Rookie stuff.  I think the Jets 1s were playing against mostly Giants 2s.  The left side of the Jets O-line is good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snafu said:

The left side of the Jets O-line is good.

Mekhi Becton is a beast. My hope is he gets the Jamal Adams bug.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GG1 said:

I kept getting notifications from Athletic how Lawrence and Wilson shined in their debuts.   I checked the stat sheet, and they were almost the same as Fromm....

But their helmets were shiny.

Great game yesterday between Colts and Jaguars. It gave you everything you want in a preseason game, including a terrific 4-minute game-winning drive to end it. 

Hats off to the Colts fans. They got the Jaguars to jump offsides three straight plays...late in the fourth quarter of their first preseason game.

Trace McSorley out a few weeks with back injury - ProFootballTalk

by: Josh Alper NBC Sports4m

Trace McSorley started at quarterback for the Ravens in their preseason opener, but he won’t be back on the field in the near future. McSorley said after Saturday’s game that his back had tightened up on him and Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said...

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Trace McSorley out a few weeks with back injury - ProFootballTalk

by: Josh Alper NBC Sports4m

McSorley said after Saturday’s game that his back had tightened up on him and Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said...

We gots to gets 200 yards plus from OUR quarterback on the GROUND. Ain’t no way anybody wiff a stiff back gonna get us dem yards. No way. NOOO WAY! Our game plans calls fo a running QB, plain and simple. 

52 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Ten Thoughts on the NFL

by: Jeff Berckes SB Nation: Windy City Gridiron

I'm not convinced the Lions will be the dumpster fire he predicts, but naturally it comes down to Anthony Lynn and Goff staying healthy.

That said, I was kind of impressed by the staff Campbell put together. I have no idea if they'll be any good, but he brought in some serious vets to be coaches, including Duce Staley as RB coach, Mark Brunell as QB coach and Antwan Randle El as WR coach.

CarpetCrawler

Former first-round quarterback Josh Rosen waived by 49ers
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/49ers-waive-former-first-round-quarterback-josh-rosen/ar-AANqJFb?li=BB15ms5q

Tim Tebow wasn't the only former first-round quarterback to get waived after just one preseason game. The San Francisco 49ers waived former first-rounder Josh Rosen on Tuesday, according to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.

Rosen, 24, played a the majority of the second half during the 49ers' first preseason game. He finished the contest 10 of 15 for 93 yards. Rosen threw one interception and no touchdowns during the contest.

With Jimmy Garoppolo and Trey Lance set as the team's top two options at the position, Rosen was hard pressed for reps during practice. That contributed to the team's decision to waive Rosen.

Should Rosen make it through waivers, he will become a free agent and be available to sign with any team.....

CarpetCrawler
1 hour ago, GG1 said:

The right Josh?

That's what a lot of people called him, probably the majority.

8 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Pre draft I was one of those.

I was in error

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Maybe Beane can bring him in to give the wrong Josh some legitimate competition!

37821474-9131049-image-m-8_1610268399692

• Haha 3