Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

It's very interesting watching how teams handle star players during this shortened preseason. 

The Bills have been sitting everyone, and yet most of the Steelers first team offense played into the third quarter last night, including their top WRs. I'll be curious to see who the Bills put on the field for the final PS game. Part of me really wants to see the first team O get reps, if for no other reason it's clear Big Ben has re-set himself physically, and the addition of Najee changes the team completely.

Another part of me is watching Jets defenders get carted off the field so often that the WH is referred to them as infrastructure, so I would hate to see that happen to Allen, Diggs, etc.

I know this team is a favorite for the SB, but I feel like Week 1 will not be near as easy as I'd been dreaming this off season. Perhaps that is just 40+ years of watching this team.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's very interesting watching how teams handle star players during this shortened preseason. 

The Bills have been sitting everyone, and yet most of the Steelers first team offense played into the third quarter last night, including their top WRs. I'll be curious to see who the Bills put on the field for the final PS game. Part of me really wants to see the first team O get reps, if for no other reason it's clear Big Ben has re-set himself physically, and the addition of Najee changes the team completely.

Another part of me is watching Jets defenders get carted off the field so often that the WH is referred to them as infrastructure, so I would hate to see that happen to Allen, Diggs, etc.

I know this team is a favorite for the SB, but I feel like Week 1 will not be near as easy as I'd been dreaming this off season. Perhaps that is just 40+ years of watching this team.

Shake it off !! Shake it off. Those days of the ole Bills are gone I think

21 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Shake it off !! Shake it off. Those days of the ole Bills are gone I think

• Haha 2

Alaska Darin
On 8/18/2021 at 12:50 PM, KD in CA said:

Was Jenkins also the 3d best player on his college DL?   :facepalm:

Maybin aside, McCargo might be the most inexcusable draft pick of the drought era.

I was so excited when they BILLS traded up because I was just sure they were picking Nick Mangold and solving our center crisis for the next decade plus.  They announced McCargo and I looked at my buddy and said "WHO?"

Friggin' BILLS.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I was so excited when they BILLS traded up because I was just sure they were picking Nick Mangold and solving our center crisis for the next decade plus.  They announced McCargo and I looked at my buddy and said "WHO?"

Friggin' BILLS.

Yeah, like Ralph would ok Levy drafting a center prospect after he just wrote a big check to sign the all world Melvin Fowler.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

The Bills have been sitting everyone, and yet most of the Steelers first team offense played into the third quarter last night, including their top WRs. I'll be curious to see who the Bills put on the field for the final PS game. 

I ran into a Buffalo native in the grocery store last year with Bill's gear on. We had clinched a playoff spot and he was adamant we sit Josh play Barkley.

I disagreed and we rolled into the playoffs with momentum playing Allen. So, IMHO,  I think Josh should get some reps with the 1st string in the last preseason game.

We now know what Mitch can do.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin

Meanwhile, in Pittsburgh another loudmouth gets her man knocked the frick out because... feminism

• Wow 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Meanwhile, in Pittsburgh another loudmouth gets her man knocked the frick out because... feminism

I'd have her sorry ass walking home. Good luck 

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'd have my sorry ass walking to the divorce lawyer.  Good God, imagine being married to a bitch like that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Joe said:

23 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I'd have my sorry ass walking to the divorce lawyer.  Good God, imagine being married to a bitch like that.

My synopsis of the situation. all are drunk. Bald guy was running his lips. Blonde has a big mouth and doesn't know when to mind her own business. He said something she didn't like and thought she could slap the raggae dude and not get pushed back ( falsely supposing the dude was a man). Then her bald man be like 'Not again' stood up and didn't know to follow his right with a left and a right and a left. Nap time.

Major mistake. one shot then trying to hold him back. Street fight is on you hold him close and swing. Am I right? 

Alaska Darin
40 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I'd have my sorry ass walking to the divorce lawyer. 

Yup.  There's literally no reason to write a check with YOUR mouth that YOUR man has to cash.  You wanna step into the man's role, be prepared to get smacked because today's "men" mostly ain't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

My synopsis of the situation. all are drunk. Bald guy was running his lips. Blonde has a big mouth and doesn't know when to mind her own business. He said something she didn't like and thought she could slap the raggae dude and not get pushed back ( falsely supposing the dude was a man). Then her bald man be like 'Not again' stood up and didn't know to follow his right with a left and a right and a left. Nap time.

Major mistake. one shot then trying to hold him back. Street fight is on you hold him close and swing. Am I right? 

Yup.  I'd bet good money this isn't the first time her mouth got him into a fight.

• Like 3

Just now, KD in CA said:

Yup.  I'd bet good money this isn't the first time her mouth got him into a fight.

Well if so, he should fight better than that.

He had the high ground and still got knocked out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

His reaction time was a tailgate deep and several too many in his seat.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, snafu said:

As one of the 90% of people out there who have no flippin' idea what they are doing in a fight, and having once been married to a bad drunk, dude has my sympathies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I was. 

12 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Ah fighting, a thing that I've hopefully put in my past. Most people don't know shit about how to fight so all one has to do is be able to take enough punishment while giving out enough punishment to make the other person quit. It also helps that when you punch someone you don't just hit them a glancing blow off their chin but try to put that chin through the back of their head. Yes, follow up your best shot with a few better shots and you'll be the only one doing any serious damage. Remember the words of that famous philosopher Mike Tyson, "everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face". 

• Like 1