GG1

24 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I just had a John McCargo flashback.

I still laugh at the memory that I fired his niece last year.  🤷🏼‍♂️

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I just had a John McCargo flashback.

Was Jenkins also the 3d best player on his college DL?   :facepalm:

Maybin aside, McCargo might be the most inexcusable draft pick of the drought era.

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

NFL's highest-paid players by position
BY: SHANNA MCCARRISTON

A look at the players with the biggest deals heading into 2021

Good link but it appears to have an error. They listed Joey Bosa of the LA Chargers as the highest paid defensive lineman, at $7 million per year. $7 million per year is roughly the neighborhood the Bills are paying guys like Hughes and Addison. The list mentioned that the highest paid kicker is making $5 million per year. I'm guessing the highest paid defensive lineman is making much more than the $7 million per year they've listed for Bosa.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Was Jenkins also the 3d best player on his college DL?   :facepalm:

Maybin aside, McCargo might be the most inexcusable draft pick of the drought era.

I don't miss the days of our GM thinking we're smarter than the other guys. They sure liked to draft injured players certain they would heal and become all-pro e.g. McCarron, Lawson, Listenbee...

There used to be a phrase to describe statements like this.

What was that phrase again? It's right there on the tip of my...

Oh, yeah.

Kiss of death.

goonies meme: characters ↳ mikey walsh “don't...

• Haha 3

Watching that Bears/phish game tonight. While it is a pre-season game, Fields certainly does look the part. I do think he's got a good shot to have a decent career.

What makes it kind of heartening is you just know Flores is eating his heart out wondering why Tua doesn't look anything like the rook.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

On 2/23/2021 at 8:04 PM, Ann said:

WTF will still be the team name in 2021.

We’ve transitioned from our old name. Now it’s time to write a new legacy. The future of Washington Football arrives in 2022.

Dragging this thing out...

Washington Football Team narrows list of possible new names down to three final candidates

</snip>

Here's a list of the eight names that were shown in Monday's video (The team was still considering roughly 30 names back in April, so the fact that these eight made the cut would indicate that one or more of them might be one of the three finalists): 

Armada
Brigade 
Commanders
Defenders
Presidents
RedHogs
RedWolves
Washington Football Team

</snip>

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2021 at 12:13 PM, Uncle Joe said:

I don't miss the days of our GM thinking we're smarter than the other guys. They sure liked to draft injured players certain they would heal and become all-pro e.g. McCarron, Lawson, Listenbee...

....and McGahee.  A first round pick on a RB who just tore his knee to shreds.  Brilliant.  He would have needed to be Adrian Peterson for that pick to have ever made sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

....and McGahee.  A first round pick on a RB who just tore his knee to shreds.  Brilliant.  He would have needed to be Adrian Peterson for that pick to have ever made sense.

That was the pick that proved to me how much of a Bills homer I am. I was like "Yeah, he only has one knee, but when he's healthy, he and Bledsoe will tear up the league!" Then they draft Losman and Lee Evans and I'm like "We have our trifecta!"

This is why you never see me predicting football anything. The only thing I know for sure about football is I will always cheer for the Bills no matter who is running things...and Marsha* and the *Patriots* are cheaters.

• Haha 1

Antonio Brown left joint practice after ripping Titans DB's helmet off, landing punch

Heated joint practices are commonplace in the NFL.

But when helmets fly and punches land, they make headlines. Such was the case on Thursday when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers hosted the Tennessee Titans. Antonio Brown was in the middle of it. 

The Bucs receiver left practice Thursday morning after getting into it with Titans defensive back Chris Jackson. The Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud reports that Brown ripped Jackson's helmet off during a one-on-one drill. Brown was agitated after an incompletion in the end zone, telling Jackson "Don’t hold me out here," according to Stroud. Jackson responded: "Don’t push me in my face.”

That's when things escalated.

Photos from the scuffle confirmed the report. They also show Brown landing a clean left hook to Jackson's jaw. 

</snip>

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1428422991269044227