Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

I spent a lot of time mocking sportswriters based on the fact that any monkey with a keyboard can get a job writing about sports. I also spent a lot of time mocking people who predict someone is going to fail at a sport where only .02% of the entire US population make a roster for 4 years.

This article about how bad Trevor Lawrence looks, and what is going on early in Jacksonville, is just the kind of dribble I post on this site, further proving my point above about a monkey, a keyboard and the ability to predict failure.

Lawrence has been sacked consistently a number of times in his first two outings and the Saints gave every defensive coordinator in the league clues on how to ruin all of Lawrence’s Sundays this fall. Put lots of pressure on him and play tight man coverage. 

Lawrence looks like he has no idea how to handle either, especially the physicality of the NFL game. It is messing with his mind and his hair. I had stated in my pre-draft scouting report on Lawrence that was exactly the way to win against him and it is proving to be true. 

Right now Lawrence looks out of sync and there is no real rhythm to the offense when he is leading the group. Watching what Meyer, offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and Lawrence produce is like listening to three guys playing three different songs on three different instruments. To put things in contrast, third stringer C.J. Beathard stepped into the game and almost brought Jacksonville back from behind to win, with two late touchdown drives he was able to put together. If someone did not know any better it looked like Beathard was drafted first overall, not Lawrence. 

• Haha 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-bans-reporters-from-locker-rooms-during-2021-season/ar-AANHI2P

NFL bans reporters from locker rooms during 2021 season

image.png.9e15189b73d2f2e25bdae2394cde672b.png

Independent media will not have access to locker rooms during the upcoming NFL season

The league published a memo on Tuesday outlining the 2021 locker room policy. The list of approved non-player personnel in locker rooms includes coaching staff, athletic training staff, equipment staff, general manager, team security, club public relations/communications and clubhouse or locker room support staff.

No more than 50 non-players will be allowed in a locker room at one time, and everyone with access must be vaccinated for COVID-19.

Not included on the list? Reporters. In fact, the NFL went out of its way to hammer home that point, writing in bold font: "Non-club-affiliated media will not be permitted in the locker room."

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I spent a lot of time mocking sportswriters based on the fact that any monkey with a keyboard can get a job writing about sports. I also spent a lot of time mocking people who predict someone is going to fail at a sport where only .02% of the entire US population make a roster for 4 years.

This article about how bad Trevor Lawrence looks, and what is going on early in Jacksonville, is just the kind of dribble I post on this site, further proving my point above about a monkey, a keyboard and the ability to predict failure.

Rattling a rookie qb with pressure and tight man coverage isn't exactly Ernie Adams-level insight.  Hell of a hill to plant the "I told you so!" flag.

But messing with his mind, and his hair?  That's new and different.  What, is he the heir apparent to Marsha?

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
33 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Bad things, man. Bad things.

Really throwing the guy to the wolves.  You'd think it'd be better to have him on the bench for at least a year, so his hair gets used to the pace of the NFL.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is an outstanding segment by the best NFL talking heads in the business.

I remember watching him his rookie season, and saying to myself "That's a man who's hair is ready for the NFL."

• Haha 2

Cardinals-Saints start time moved up due to Tropical Storm Ida

With Tropical Storm Ida barreling toward New Orleans this weekend, the Saints moved up their preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals.

The team announced Friday that the kickoff time for Saturday's preseason finale has moved from 8 p.m. ET to 1 p.m. ET (Noon CT). The club said the decision came following consultation and agreement with City of New Orleans officials, the National Weather Service, Homeland Security and the NFL

</snip>

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Ann said:

Cardinals-Saints start time moved up due to Tropical Storm Ida

With Tropical Storm Ida barreling toward New Orleans this weekend, the Saints moved up their preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals.

The team announced Friday that the kickoff time for Saturday's preseason finale has moved from 8 p.m. ET to 1 p.m. ET (Noon CT). The club said the decision came following consultation and agreement with City of New Orleans officials, the National Weather Service, Homeland Security and the NFL

</snip>

The game has now been canceled.

• Wow 3

https://www.outkick.com/philip-rivers-wins-first-game-as-head-coach-alabama/

Following in the footsteps of father Steve Rivers, Philip looks to build a promising high school coaching career off of his hot 1-0 start.

“Tonight was special,” admitted the St. Michael coach. “I’m looking over and Dad is standing on the track. Mom is in the stands. My boys are spotting the ball. My brother is here coaching. I have nephews and daughters and nieces running around. It was that kind of night, just thinking ‘Wow, what has happened in 25 years.’ Then it was really all about the boys. I told them I was excited to watch them play, and I really was. They had a different approach than they did last week because they knew it would count.”

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ann said:

Wow!

Players in other positions doing the kicking is an interesting idea. Especially If you can kick that well.

• Like 3