Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NHL

Foxx

Alaska Darin
On 7/25/2023 at 9:30 AM, B-Man said:

My favorite player from this Era.   What a talent.   I wish he'd played somewhere else.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

My favorite player from this Era.   What a talent.   I wish he'd played somewhere else.

The greatest part about him retiring is now Ullmark is the only likeable guy on that team.  (Actually, like McAvoy too, but Tim Murray was too f'n stupid to draft him when Forton was pushing hard to draft him.)

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
Alaska Darin

4 years, $13.25 AAV for Matthews.  Thompson's and Cozen's deals look even better today than they did when they were signed.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Ann said:

MSG+ is $29.99/mo or $309.99/year.  Individual games can be purchased at $9.99.

That monthly or annual price included all of the teams that show up on MSG.

Not sure if it is only available in market or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Tragic

Must have hit the jugular.

RIP. I wonder if we’ll see some guys start wearing neck guards. They’ve been mandatory in youth hockey since at least the ‘90s but I can’t recall seeing any pros wear one even though at this point they’ve all grown up with them. 

Edited by Chandemonium
  • Like 2

On 10/29/2023 at 8:36 AM, Foxx said:

Tragic

Must have hit the jugular.

I won't post the video (it is all over the place on social media right now) but they are saying he was deliberately kicked. 

☹️

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

I won't post the video (it is all over the place on social media right now) but they are saying he was deliberately kicked. 

☹️

Saw the videos and memories of the Clint Malarchuk incident came flooding back. Thanks the Sabres and doctors on hand he survived but this poor guy didn't

If you watched it, what's your take? All over their calling for the other guy to be charged with anything from 2nd degree murder to manslaughter and yeah, it does kinda look intentional. He can't claim the skate was throat level because he was falling as it appears he never lost his balance

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Saw the videos and memories of the Clint Malarchuk incident came flooding back. Thanks the Sabres and doctors on hand he survived but this poor guy didn't

If you watched it, what's your take? All over their calling for the other guy to be charged with anything from 2nd degree murder to manslaughter and yeah, it does kinda look intentional. He can't claim the skate was throat level because he was falling as it appears he never lost his balance

It definitely looks weird, but for now I think I’m leaning toward giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. Even if he didn’t lose his footing completely from the initial hit, it looks like it was enough to got him off balance to where his torso was out in front of his feet. When that happens, the leg that isn’t planted naturally extends out and back as a counterbalance. If you want to test what I’m talking about, try standing on one foot and bending at the waist only to get your shoulders as far out in front of your toes as you can without moving the foot that’s off the floor. In that situation at hockey game speed and with some rotational force added in from the hit, I can see the leg coming up that high and arcing through the air, with Johnson being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can’t completely rule out intent of course, but it seems to me like it might be harder to do on purpose than by accident in that situation. 

• Like 2

On 10/29/2023 at 9:16 AM, Chandemonium said:

RIP. I wonder if we’ll see some guys start wearing neck guards. They’ve been mandatory in youth hockey since at least the ‘90s but I can’t recall seeing any pros wear one even though at this point they’ve all grown up with them. 

Mandated

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cinga said:

Well, I dunno. Assigning intent is always difficult at best and more than likely, a fools errand so I won't even try. What I have seen talked about, is that guy has a history. They didn't go so far as to call him a goon, but claimed that he was dirty.

All I know is that the video is horrific. When did Xer become a snuff film outlet? I can't begin to tell you the amount of video I have seen in the last month of people having died. And... there also seems to be a trend of posting grotesque injuries.

I can't be sure but... I believe society has entered the devolution phase... shouldn't be long now.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...