Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NHL

Foxx

Vegas....wow.  Putting on a clinic again.

I can't hold much animosity for Eichel.  He's a great player and deserves his Cup.  Not his fault the Sabres couldn't build anything around him.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I can't hold much animosity for Eichel.  He's a great player and deserves his Cup.  Not his fault the Sabres couldn't build anything around him.

Glad to hear you say that. I don't follow hockey other than reading you guys here. But I happen to be at a trade show in Orlando at a Hyatt bar where people were cheering, and then I saw Eichel carrying the cup and thought "Ouch."

• Sad 1

4merper4mer
8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

It is his fault that he acted like a douche bag to everyone including little kids, on the regular.  

• Love 1

Stanley Cup Guy gives off a real creepy vibe.

And Gary Bettman is cringeworthy and should never speak in public.

Everything about that game was fine (I suppose) until those two weirdos showed up.

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

It is his fault that he acted like a douche bag to everyone including little kids, on the regular.  

He went to a team where he was "just a piece" - a lot of quality veterans who've had success and do the right things on/off the ice. 

Jack had a lot of growing up to do but there's no doubt the Sabres were at least part of the problem.

Oh, and &#%$ Vegas and their Salary Cap nonsense every season.  The NHL is a damn joke.

Florida really paid for playing 3 very physical series.  Rumor before last night was Tkachuk was playing with a broken sternum and Montour with a torn labrum.  Being healthy is the most important component of a championship run and it shows every single season.

• Sad 1

Jabba The Hutt
55 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He went to a team where he was "just a piece" - a lot of quality veterans who've had success and do the right things on/off the ice. 

Jack had a lot of growing up to do but there's no doubt the Sabres were at least part of the problem.

Oh, and &#%$ Vegas and their Salary Cap nonsense every season.  The NHL is a damn joke.

Florida really paid for playing 3 very physical series.  Rumor before last night was Tkachuk was playing with a broken sternum and Montour with a torn labrum.  Being healthy is the most important component of a championship run and it shows every single season.

Healthy Florida would've swept Eichole...funny how he was last to touch the cup besides the water boy, the janitor and the zamboni driver

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Supposedly Ekblad had a broken foot and a twice dislocated shoulder.

There's a reason it's the toughest team trophy to win in all of sport.

4merper4mer
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don’t even know that many people in Buffalo but between the few I do, and the semi-public stuff from people like Rivet, there is no doubt this guy is a typical Boston native and then some.

Alaska Darin
9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don’t even know that many people in Buffalo but between the few I do, and the semi-public stuff from people like Rivet, there is no doubt this guy is a typical Boston native and then some.

There aren't too many 18 year olds who get handed millions of dollars who aren't idiots.  It just is what it is.  There's a reason successful franchises try to build using the AHL first because there are quality veterans down there who play for the love of the game...and the bus rides are humbling AF.

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
Alaska Darin

Ryan O'Reilly to Nashville on a 4-year deal.

Matt Duchesne bought out by Nashville and is now a UFA.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Alaska Darin

Man, that is a terrible return for a big time goal scorer entering his prime.   Detroit signed DeBrinket to a 4-year extension worth $7.875m AAV.

11 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Man, that is a terrible return for a big time goal scorer entering his prime.   Detroit signed DeBrinket to a 4-year extension worth $7.875m AAV.

Ottowa’s Ralph is cheap?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Trade looks even worse for the Otters when you realize they gave up picks 7 & 39 in last year's draft and a 4th round pick next year for DeBrincat.

So, they gave up 7 & 39 in 2022 plus a 4th in 2024 for 1 year of DeBrincat and Kubalik, Sebrango (a 'meh' prospect), a conditional 1st in 2024 (that is lottery protected and could be either Detroit's or the Rags' 1st in '24), and a 4th in 2024.

Now that's some 4 Dimensional Chess GMing there.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...