Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NHL

Foxx

I'm a huge Devils fan and they looked like a team that hadn't seen a playoff game in awhile, which is understandable.

Hopefully it's was just first game jitters for the kids on the Devils and they will come back with a better effort and make this a series. Because if they played like they played last night, this series will become the first time the Devils ever got swept in a series. And it's against the hated Rags. 

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I'm a huge Devils fan and they looked like a team that hadn't seen a playoff game in awhile, which is understandable.

Hopefully it's was just first game jitters for the kids on the Devils and they will come back with a better effort and make this a series. Because if they played like they played last night, this series will become the first time the Devils ever got swept in a series. And it's against the hated Rags. 

Jack Hughes was all over the place last night.  I don't think they're going to get past the  Rangers but they should win a couple games.

And I want the Sabres to sign Miles Wood as a FA next season, especially of they lose either Okposo or Girgensons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Jack Hughes was all over the place last night.  I don't think they're going to get past the  Rangers but they should win a couple games.

And I want the Sabres to sign Miles Wood as a FA next season, especially of they lose either Okposo or Girgensons.

Please take Wood off the Devils hands. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Please take Wood off the Devils hands. 

I think he's a good 4th line guy.

Can't expect him to pot a lot of goals, but he's a big body that can skate pretty well from what I see.

18 minutes ago, snafu said:

I think he's a good 4th line guy.

Can't expect him to pot a lot of goals, but he's a big body that can skate pretty well from what I see.

And he will take an offensive zone penalty in every game and he plays like a headless chicken.

Devil fans hate him and would rather have Lazar in the lineup than Wood. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, snafu said:

Miles Wood will NEVER play for the Sabres.

He and his dad hate them.  Randy was the Sabres player rep in the union when the players held their 1st in season strike.  The Knoxes were extremely pissed and he was shipped to the Loafs soon thereafter.  He always thought he got a raw deal.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Miles Wood will NEVER play for the Sabres.

He and his dad hate them.  Randy was the Sabres player rep in the union when the players held their 1st in season strike.  The Knoxes were extremely pissed and he was shipped to the Loafs soon thereafter.  He always thought he got a raw deal.

Sounds like an Irish Alzheimer’s patient…

Forgets everything but the grudges!

On 4/19/2023 at 5:29 PM, njbuff said:

And he will take an offensive zone penalty in every game and he plays like a headless chicken.

Devil fans hate him and would rather have Lazar in the lineup than Wood. 

Wood goes to the box.  Offensive zone penalty.

2-1 Rangers as a result.

Keep him!

Edited by snafu

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'd like to thank the NHL for gifting the Leafs a road win.  MFers.

You think they should have upheld that boarding major?

Alaska Darin
4 minutes ago, snafu said:

You think they should have upheld that boarding major

Only if you care about player safety, as they constantly claim to.  There have been WAY too many checks from behind already in these playoffs.  Yes, I'm aware it happens every single year and my stance has been consistent.  It's not ok.

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Only if you care about player safety, as they constantly claim to.  There have been WAY too many checks from behind already in these playoffs.  Yes, I'm aware it happens every single year and my stance has been consistent.  It's not ok.

I get it, but it didn’t look like a standard boarding play — more like awkward contact.  Looked more like they tied in the race to a loose puck and the TB player caught an edge. That call could have gone either way, IMO.

Alaska Darin
16 minutes ago, snafu said:

I get it, but it didn’t look like a standard boarding play — more like awkward contact.  Looked more like they tied in the race to a loose puck and the TB player caught an edge. That call could have gone either way, IMO.

Couple things:

1.  He extended his arms within a meter of the boards.

2.  As the trailing player, you have more responsibility to hold up for all the obvious reasons.

3.  The reason the game keeps changing is because the players refuse to take care of each other, especially in the playoffs.

4.  The way the Leafs approached game 1 removes all possible leeway.

• Cheers 3

Now around the hockey world, back to what people have said about the Devils in the past....

"The Devils are boring", "I hope the Rangers beat them".

Funny when the Rags were the same boring team forever in the playoffs, it's ok, but when the Devils were/are strong defensively and in goalie... BORING, BAD FOR HOCKEY. 

I say to each and every one of these douches who have this opinion...... GFY.

Winning and boring NEVER go in the same sentence in playoff hockey. You win games and it doesn't matter how you do it. PERIOD. 

I'll bet Sabres fans would LOVE the chance to be boring and win in the playoffs. I don't say this to mock the Sabres and their fans, I say this because this is exactly what they would take this time of year. CASE CLOSED. 😁

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
On 4/25/2023 at 5:20 PM, njbuff said:

Now around the hockey world, back to what people have said about the Devils in the past....

"The Devils are boring", "I hope the Rangers beat them".

Funny when the Rags were the same boring team forever in the playoffs, it's ok, but when the Devils were/are strong defensively and in goalie... BORING, BAD FOR HOCKEY. 

I say to each and every one of these douches who have this opinion...... GFY.

Winning and boring NEVER go in the same sentence in playoff hockey. You win games and it doesn't matter how you do it. PERIOD. 

I'll bet Sabres fans would LOVE the chance to be boring and win in the playoffs. I don't say this to mock the Sabres and their fans, I say this because this is exactly what they would take this time of year. CASE CLOSED. 😁

The Devils and the trap ruined hockey for far, far too long.  That shit was pretty much unwatchable and was killing the NHL.  You can take those Cups and shove them up your ass.

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 4/28/2023 at 11:53 AM, Ann said:

Wow

Full twitter image

1978B516-FCC4-4801-B30E-B2498793C2A4.thumb.jpeg.8b29b64ac6ef61d332a2c4b35e36300a.jpeg

Shit.  Ho do I reconcile my hatred of the Senators with my man-crush on Ryan Reynolds?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3