Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NHL

Foxx

On 4/17/2023 at 5:06 PM, snafu said:

First round playoff predictions, anyone??

Panthers

vs. Bruins ---->    Bruins.      

Islanders

vs. Hurricanes ----->  Hurricanes

Rangers

vs. Devils ----->     Rangers.  

Tampa Bay

vs. Toronto ----->   Lightning

Winnipeg

vs. Vegas ----->    Jets

Seattle

vs. Colorado -----> Avalanche

Kings

vs. Edmonton -----> Oilers

Dallas

vs. Minnesota -----> Dallas

Woof, I’m bad at this. Only 3 out of 8.  I never predict the NHL playoffs well.

Good thing I’m not a gambler.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2023 at 7:40 PM, Alaska Darin said:

This is just &#%$ing delightful.  Jack Edwards sounds like he drank 2 fifths of Mogan David between the end of regulation and start of OT. 

Wondering if he's ill.  Ted Darling got accused by a lot of people of being drunk on the air when he was towards the end of his run.  Turned out he had a very debilitating disease.

Hoping Jack's just drunk and not suffering from some neurological trauma.

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hoping Jack's just drunk and not suffering from some neurological trauma.

I've been listening to him for years...it'd be really hard to tell if he had neurological trauma.

55 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I've been listening to him for years...it'd be really hard to tell if he had neurological trauma.

Truly find him to be one of the if not THE worst pbp announcer in the NHL.  But he clearly has something going on now.  He used to be able to talk (it was whiney and geared towards a 3rd grade listening audience, but the imbecillic words weren't slurred); it is stretching it to say that he still can.

Don't even wish this sort of a disease (if in fact he is suffering from one) on a tool this big.  Hope he gets better.

• Cheers 1

On 5/1/2023 at 7:41 AM, KD in CA said:

^ My favorite non-Bills moment in NFL history.

I was watching with my BIL (from Boston) last night and remarked to him in the second period how the greatest regular seasons in NFL, MLB and NBA history all failed to produce champs.  Add NHL to the list.

For an encore we watched the Celtics lose to the Sixers last night. He left today.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Taro T said:

Truly find him to be one of the if not THE worst pbp announcer in the NHL.  But he clearly has something going on now.  He used to be able to talk (it was whiney and geared towards a 3rd grade listening audience, but the imbecillic words weren't slurred); it is stretching it to say that he still can.

Don't even wish this sort of a disease (if in fact he is suffering from one) on a tool this big.  Hope he gets better.

He’s the worst of all time.

I remember how bad he was from his ESPN days.  I remain shocked that he ever got a play-by-play job in the first place, let alone kept it for so long.

And, like you, I hope he’s not sick.  

• Like 3

On 5/3/2023 at 9:20 AM, Chandemonium said:

D77B24E0-E4D7-4D95-9A96-3E4680F3B7A1.thumb.webp.73ccb59a91e0dfa9e99e3e93c5b1f0f3.webp

I can support this.

More on these two.

https://apple.news/AWak6FdH3TqCrb4CZtvDl6Q

Dani Di Giusto and her father, Erv, have two favorite teams: The Montreal Canadiens and literally anyone that plays the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Erv Di Giusto started the tradition all the way back when the Leafs were playing at Maple Leaf Gardens, attending games while wearing an opponents' jersey. Overall, he has been showing up to cheer against the Leafs for about 40 years, with a collection of jerseys from around the NHL.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

Loafs in trouble.  Heading to FLA down 2-0.

Pretty sure the TNT announcers want to have Willie Nylander's baby.  Couldn't stop gushing over him and his "putting on a clinic."  Some clinic.  His turnover and falling down at his own blue line led to the 2nd Florida goal which completely changed the tone of the game.  And then he managed to waste about 10 great scoring chances.  

Hope Nylander and Marner play into their 40s and end up Loaf Lifers.  Incredible players in the RS.  Completely shut down as soon as the playoff matchups are announced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alaska Darin
On 5/3/2023 at 7:08 AM, snafu said:

He’s the worst of all time.

I remember how bad he was from his ESPN days.  I remain shocked that he ever got a play-by-play job in the first place, let alone kept it for so long.

And, like you, I hope he’s not sick.  

Especially when there are guys in the AHL and ECHL that are miles better on an average day than he is at his very best.

What kills me more than anything is how unprofessional he is, especially when he's doing a national broadcast and he's still clearly and openly rooting for the Bruins.  I fully expect team's announcers to be biased - they're playing to their audience.  He's basically doing Bobby Heenan every night.

• Cheers 3

Alaska Darin

Sam Reinhardt looks very good in the post season.   Tonight he scored the OT dagger to put the Leafs down 3-0 in the series. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

Blackhawks won the draft lottery.  Moved up from 3 to 1.  Anaheim drops to 2 and the BJ's fall to 3rd.  Everybody else stays put.  

Sabres have the 13th pick.

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Jabba The Hutt
11 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Good luck to Danny but also...&#%$ the Flyers.

Danny Briere, we did him wrong by not keeping him on as Captain. One of my favorite players ever!:classic_love:

18 hours ago, Foxx said:

The 'canes move on to the ECF.

We were pulling for Lindy but from what I saw Carolina was dominant in that series.

• Cheers 1