Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Should be Headlines of the Day

Cinga

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I can't help but wonder how long before Liz Cheney looks around and realizes she backed the wrong pony.

I think Liz is already working with the DNC on her comeback tour

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I can't help but wonder how long before Liz Cheney looks around and realizes she backed the wrong pony.

I don't believe that she's so stupid that she doesn't recognize what pony she's backing. I still think that she's trying to milk every campaign dollar she can before losing so that she can set up her own PAC to launder the campaign money and try to position herself as a power broker.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Koko said:

I don't believe that she's so stupid that she doesn't recognize what pony she's backing. I still think that she's trying to milk every campaign dollar she can before losing so that she can set up her own PAC to launder the campaign money and try to position herself as a power broker.

Yep, she's a lifelong DC insider who will either move on to the lobbying side of things or take up residence in someplace like Maryland to continue in her current gig.

Either way, it's a shameless person grifting big time.

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yep, she's a lifelong DC insider who will either move on to the lobbying side of things or take up residence in someplace like Maryland to continue in her current gig.

Either way, it's a shameless person grifting big time.

I wonder how many people would scream "How can she be an insider when she's only been in Congress since 2017!" without looking at her bio.

She's been in the bureaucracy since 1989...basically had high-level positions in State when daddy was SecDef or VP.  She's as "insider" as it gets.  She's riding daddy's coattails as badly as Hillary has ridden Bill's to success.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

George Soros-funded liberal takeover of Hispanic radio stations ‘reeks of desperation,’ critics say
Soros-backed effort alarms staffers at south Florida conservative station Radio Mambi

A group partially bankrolled by liberal billionaire George Soros is set to purchase 18 Hispanic radio stations across 10 different markets but conservatives are fighting back, calling it a move that "reeks of desperation" to control Latino voters who have been ditching the Democratic Party. 

Steve Cortes, who was a member of former-President Trump campaign’s Hispanic Advisory Council, believes Soros’ latest move is a clear sign liberals "rightly fret about the incredible gains among Hispanics for the America First movement" that has caused many of them to ditch the Democratic Party.

"The radicalism of the Democrats today has effectively left formerly Dem-leaning Latinos as political orphans," Cortes told Fox News Digital. "Hispanics increasingly rally to the America First combination of cultural conservatism plus patriotic populist economics." 

</snip>

Jess Morales Rocketto, a former Hillary for America and AFL-CIO employee, and Stephanie Valencia, a former White House staffer during the Obama administration, are heading the venture, and say their purchase across the multitude of media markets will give them "access to one-third of the Hispanic population" within the U.S, according to an interview conducted by Axios.

</snip>

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Um... how are they liable? 

Apparently the insurance definition of "rear ended" must be different in the "Show Me State" than in the other 49.

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Um... how are they liable? 

Liability coverage.  Suffered injury in the insured's vehicle.

That is sublimely ridiculous...but at the same time, the most brilliant exploitation of a contractual loophole I've ever seen.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Ummmm And you all thought Terminator was just a movie. 

I'm not quite there yet, thinking LaMDA is sentient, based solely on that snippet of conversation.  But that's still pretty freaky.

Also wondering what its political leanings are.  Because it's been decades since I had a conversation that deep and nuanced with a progressive.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

John Hinckley Jr., attempted President Reagan assassin, fully freed from court oversight

</snip>

"After 41 years 2 months and 15 days, FREEDOM AT LAST!!!," he wrote on Twitter shortly after 12 p.m.

The lifting of all restrictions had been expected since late September. U.S. District Court Judge Paul L. Friedman in Washington said he'd free Hinckley on June 15 if he continued to remain mentally stable in the community in Virginia where he has lived since 2016.

Hinckley, who was acquitted by reason of insanity, spent the decades before that in a Washington mental hospital.

Hinckley's restrictions were gradually loosened over the years, including the lifting of limits on his social media use. Hinckley's following on social media has grown to nearly 30,000 followers on Twitter and YouTube over the past several months.

Freedom for Hinckley will include giving a concert — he plays guitar and sings — in Brooklyn, New York, that's scheduled for July.

</snip>