Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills want a new stadium – and for taxpayers to foot the bill

You Dirty Rat

• 2 weeks later...

My son was moaning and groaning about "having" to go to the Bills game tomorrow night.

When I told him not to go, he said, "This is the game fans live for..."

Oooookkkkkayyyy Then what's the problem?

The weather. He's not renewing his seasons (he holds 4). He wants a dome. So do his buddies. He's in his early 30s. I understand old people (like me) wanting a dome, but a youngster like him? 

I doubt the Bills get a dome. And at about 60K tickets, they will not have a problem selling out weekly. But, apparently the dome idea is more popular than I realized? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

My son was moaning and groaning about "having" to go to the Bills game tomorrow night.

The weather. He's not renewing his seasons (he holds 4). He wants a dome. So do his buddies. He's in his early 30s. I understand old people (like me) wanting a dome, but a youngster like him? 

I doubt the Bills get a dome. And at about 60K tickets, they will not have a problem selling out weekly. But, apparently the dome idea is more popular than I realized? 🤷‍♀️

Hopefully, Allen stays healthy and has a long and productive career with the Buffalo Bills and goes on to achieve many great things. Myself personally, building a Dome stadium/controlled environment for Josh Allen and the Bills mafia is a no brainer in my humble opinion. Having the worst weather in the NFL and going on to build another outdoor stadium is nuts. The last month and a half of the season is crunch time. Not the time to neutralize the best player/ part of your football team on O. Throwing the football.

Edited by Figster

59 minutes ago, Figster said:

Hopefully, Allen stays healthy and has a long and productive career with the Buffalo Bills and goes on to achieve many great things. Myself personally, building a Dome stadium/controlled environment for Josh Allen and the Bills mafia is a no brainer in my humble opinion. Having the worst weather in the NFL and going on to build another outdoor stadium is nuts. The last month and a half of the season is crunch time. Not the time to neutralize the best player/ part of your football team on O. Throwing the football.

You ever been to Green Bay? Chicago? Heck, Kansas City, Cleveland, Detroit? If you want to extrapolate, Miami or Arizona in September is hardly good weather. 

P.S. I still think a dome is a good idea!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Horseshit.  Because it snows?  In Philly, it rains batteries.

Yeah, but let's be honest, it only rains batteries because Santa is a cad who deserves to be booed.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Wawrow's been in Buffalo 20 years, and only now realizing that local leadership - the people that hitched their downtown revitalization hopes to a Bass Pro anchor store - doesn't exercise foresight?  :classic_laugh:

They can hold all the chats they want in the city of Buffalo, but if NYS + the Bills say OP, it doesn't matter a hill of beans what the people living in Buffalo want/say. Erie County could hooey things up, but I doubt Poloncarz wants that on his "record."

11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Wawrow's been in Buffalo 20 years, and only now realizing that local leadership - the people that hitched their downtown revitalization hopes to a Bass Pro anchor store - doesn't exercise foresight?  :classic_laugh:

Shouldn't his beef be with the disgraced former governor of the once-great state, who intentionally blocked everyone else from the discussions?

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Shouldn't his beef be with the disgraced former governor of the once-great state, who intentionally blocked everyone else from the discussions?

You mean Pataki?

Because no way he's complaining about a Democratic governor.

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

You mean Pataki?

Because no way he's complaining about a Democratic governor.

I know, why would a journalist go to the source of a story?

On 12/5/2021 at 7:59 AM, Ann said:

Because Americans have pretty much nothing but first world problems.  We're pillow soft as a society.

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Well, he's a liberal so...forecasting ain't gonna be a strong suit.

• 2 weeks later...