Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills want a new stadium – and for taxpayers to foot the bill

You Dirty Rat

Pegulas have already done their due diligence about location with the season ticket holders, Orchard Park. Downtown talk better stop, that ship has sailed, only politicians bring it up and they can kiss our a$$.

Figure out how to utilize the new stadium for things outside of the Bills and that should determine dome or not.

1 hour ago, Nelson59 said:

Pegulas have already done their due diligence about location with the season ticket holders, Orchard Park. Downtown talk better stop, that ship has sailed, only politicians bring it up and they can kiss our a$$.

Figure out how to utilize the new stadium for things outside of the Bills and that should determine dome or not.

I’ll put it out there again. The hated Pats* did it right when they built Foxboro. It’s now a destination for thousands. It’s not just a stadium in the middle of acres and acres of open fields and parking lots. 

• Like 2

Orchard Park it is...

Hochul says state will accept Orchard Park as site of new Bills stadium

New York is willing to accept a new stadium for the Buffalo Bills in Orchard Park if this remains the team's preference, Gov. Kathy Hochul said Monday morning.

This is the first time the governor has said the state, which is expected to put up the majority of the funding for a new stadium, will go along with the team's view that a new facility in Orchard Park makes the most sense.

"We are very intently focused on keeping the Bills here," said Hochul, answering a question after discussing the state's Covid-19 response at Wyoming County Community Health System in Warsaw. "Orchard Park’s their first choice, their only choice is Orchard Park, and we’ll make it all happen. So we’re very excited about announcing a deal hopefully in the near future."

</snip>

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ann said:

Orchard Park it is...

Hochul says state will accept Orchard Park as site of new Bills stadium

New York is willing to accept a new stadium for the Buffalo Bills in Orchard Park if this remains the team's preference, Gov. Kathy Hochul said Monday morning.

This is the first time the governor has said the state, which is expected to put up the majority of the funding for a new stadium, will go along with the team's view that a new facility in Orchard Park makes the most sense.

"We are very intently focused on keeping the Bills here," said Hochul, answering a question after discussing the state's Covid-19 response at Wyoming County Community Health System in Warsaw. "Orchard Park’s their first choice, their only choice is Orchard Park, and we’ll make it all happen. So we’re very excited about announcing a deal hopefully in the near future."

</snip>

Dome Sweet Dome.

• Cheers 1
  • Boo 2

On 12/23/2021 at 6:41 PM, Beer__League__Hockey said:

The house that Jawshie built.  I like it.

I'm all for going eau naturale, grass it is.  

Only issue I have is most of the away stadiums they play in is artificial.  Definitely different feel.

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Only issue I have is most of the away stadiums they play in is artificial.  Definitely different feel.

I see more players slipping on the Bills turf than any other place. Go with grass.......Baltimore finally did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I see more players slipping on the Bills turf than any other place. Go with grass.......Baltimore finally did.

Everyone I know that plays HS and college say they would rather play on grass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

by charging really, really high rates on game day weekends

And, making a top-notch wedding/group gathering space within the stadium. People will pay to play, and then stay, in the same place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The chatter in political circles this week is that news of a stadium deal involving the Buffalo Bills may be announced during New York Gov. Kathy Hochul's State of the State address, which is scheduled for 1 p.m. EST on Wednesday.

"As a public partner, in addition to Erie County, I think a lot of the parties want to give the Governor the ability to make the announcement," Albany insider Jack O'Donnell of O'Donnell and Associates told WBEN on Tuesday. "It may be that she announces an agreement in principle, or a memorandum of understanding, or something that allows the Bills to move forward with construction, or at least getting bids and doing the things they need to do before there are too many price increases."

</snip>