Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What do you think of the announcers in the NFL?

Ann

On 2/6/2023 at 2:26 PM, Ann said:

Please. I was subjected to 20+ years of having to watch the douche nozzle play at least twice a year. I don't want to have to subject myself having to listen to him for a couple games a year for the next 20+. Just go play on a team in your Pickleball league or something.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Foxx said:

Please. I was subjected to 20+ years of having to watch the douche nozzle play at least twice a year. I don't want to have to subject myself having to listen to him for a couple games a year for the next 20+. Just go play on a team in your Pickleball league or something.

chances are high that he will be extremely terrible, unless Ernie Adams is in his headset

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

I don’t know where to put this…

Howard Simon from WGR retired.. I wonder who they get to replace him?

Rumors are that Joe DiBiase will go from taking his spot 2 days per week to all 5.

Good for Howard that he's more or less retiring.  He's one of the good guys in that business.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Should have been done 15 years ago.  His attention to detail had been horrid for quite a long time now.  

Details are not important when you can have a "name" grace your presence on game day 

https://www.outkick.com/mnf-crew-member-troy-aikman-private-jet-skip-meetings/

“It all started week one, he was dogging the crew and gear on the air when he couldn’t figure his telestrator out. He couldn’t figure it out because he shows up on game day. Didn’t practice,” a contractor on the MNF team told Awful Announcing.

“Troy travels on his private jet on Monday mornings and flies home after the game,” said a source. “He could not be further removed from the crew and I would confidently say that he knows maybe 10 people on a crew of like 150+ people.”

• 1 month later...
You Dirty Rat

I like all of the announcers,  I really do. 

I probably wouldn't like them as much if my TV had a speaker 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rumors? Or happening?

ESPN is leading candidate as Pat McAfee moves closer to leaving $120 million FanDuel deal

As Pat McAfee contemplates walking away from his $120 million deal with FanDuel, ESPN has emerged as the leading candidate to be the home for his daily show, The Post has learned.

McAfee, 36, has become a multi-platform sensation with his “Pat McAfee Show” on YouTube, his work as a WWE performer and as a “College GameDay” panelist, but now he is working toward a larger relationship with ESPN. 

No deal is finalized. McAfee did not return messages. ESPN declined comment.

However, besides sources with knowledge of the situation saying ESPN is in the pole position, McAfee recently tweeted out a picture of a meeting he had with Disney CEO Bob Iger. On Monday’s show, McAfee said he was up to something, which he said would be announced in the next 10 days. That timeline just happens to perfectly correspond with Disney Upfronts, which are scheduled for May 16. 

The exact amount of money McAfee will earn in a deal is not yet known, though it is expected to be in the eight-figures-per-year range. It may be less than the $30 million-plus a year FanDuel deal he is potentially walking away from.

</snip>

Whatever the number is, it comes at a time when Disney, including ESPN, is shedding 7,000 jobs. It will be a difficult optic for those working at the company, if the deal goes through. 

In meetings, according to sources, ESPN executives have said that it would only do a McAfee deal if it pencils out and it can make money. ESPN will report its earnings, as a breakout division, in November, under Disney’s new structure that has been put in place with Iger’s return to the company.

</snip>

Spartacus
4 hours ago, Ann said:

Rumors? Or happening?

ESPN is leading candidate as Pat McAfee moves closer to leaving $120 million FanDuel deal

As Pat McAfee contemplates walking away from his $120 million deal with FanDuel, ESPN has emerged as the leading candidate to be the home for his daily show, The Post has learned.

McAfee, 36, has become a multi-platform sensation with his “Pat McAfee Show” on YouTube, his work as a WWE performer and as a “College GameDay” panelist, but now he is working toward a larger relationship with ESPN. 

No deal is finalized. McAfee did not return messages. ESPN declined comment.

However, besides sources with knowledge of the situation saying ESPN is in the pole position, McAfee recently tweeted out a picture of a meeting he had with Disney CEO Bob Iger. On Monday’s show, McAfee said he was up to something, which he said would be announced in the next 10 days. That timeline just happens to perfectly correspond with Disney Upfronts, which are scheduled for May 16. 

The exact amount of money McAfee will earn in a deal is not yet known, though it is expected to be in the eight-figures-per-year range. It may be less than the $30 million-plus a year FanDuel deal he is potentially walking away from.

</snip>

Whatever the number is, it comes at a time when Disney, including ESPN, is shedding 7,000 jobs. It will be a difficult optic for those working at the company, if the deal goes through. 

In meetings, according to sources, ESPN executives have said that it would only do a McAfee deal if it pencils out and it can make money. ESPN will report its earnings, as a breakout division, in November, under Disney’s new structure that has been put in place with Iger’s return to the company.

</snip>

Disney trying to launch a new "gambling for kids" segment