Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What do you think of the announcers in the NFL?

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'd rather sit in the audience for a live broadcast of The View than spend any purposeful time listening to these two fools.

It's like listening to my father fight with his second wife, but without dishes being used as weapons. It's just embarrassing. Unfortunately, yelling sells, or Jerry Springer would be serving his 15th term in Congress.

Skip and Shannon would honestly be more interesting throwing dinnerware at each other.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
28 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Why is joe buck an announcer? :wallbash:

Tenure is a hell of a thing.

Though Monday, he did about as well as anyone could have expected.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Nepotism.

Pipes. He’s got a voice tailor made for the media to broadcast the current package of their pap in melodious elocutions to the masses. Ding! Your Hot Pockets are ready!

Its people! Soylent Green is People!

On 1/4/2023 at 3:23 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Tenure is a hell of a thing.

Though Monday, he did about as well as anyone could have expected.

Not quite World Series Earthquake Al Michaels, but pretty damn good.

Tony Romo started out several years ago in doing color with good technical evaluations and insights. Many people thought he was a breath of fresh air. He's become more and more like just another Collingsworth over the years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tony-romo-was-a-complete-mess-during-patriots-bills/ar-AA166OTQ?cvid=2eb23373cd1c4772a846ce08cc38a439

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Tony Romo started out several years ago in doing color with good technical evaluations and insights. Many people thought he was a breath of fresh air. He's become more and more like just another Collingsworth over the years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tony-romo-was-a-complete-mess-during-patriots-bills/ar-AA166OTQ?cvid=2eb23373cd1c4772a846ce08cc38a439

I originally liked him because he would, amazingly and accurately, tell you what play was coming before the snap.

No doubt they discouraged that.

He was bad yesterday, but still is infinitely better than Collingsworthless.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I originally liked him because he would, amazingly and accurately, tell you what play was coming before the snap.

Agree

Crap Throwing Clavin
43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I was thinking that yesterday, that someone had a chat with him.

It's too bad, because his commentary on pre-snap alignments, on both sides, was educational and really improved my enjoyment of the game.

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I couldn't believe how bad he was yesterday.

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I couldn't believe how bad he was yesterday.

He was so vacuous and devoid of real insight yesterday, it's when it first occurred to me that maybe he's been muzzled.  I know he can do better, because he has.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He was so vacuous and devoid of real insight yesterday, it's when it first occurred to me that maybe he's been muzzled.  I know he can do better, because he has.

I generally try and tune the talking heads out. So for me to notice how bad he was, says something.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I generally try and tune the talking heads out. So for me to notice how bad he was, says something.

And I watch the game after-the-fact, in condensed format on NFL Plus.  So I didn't hear a lot of him.  Still heard enough to know he's not who he was two years ago.

(Side note: watching the game in a Meta Quest 2 VR is really awesome, even in a 2D, non-VR format.  I wish my head wasn't so big that the damn thing fit better.)

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

Is it just me or did he keep try to talk up the Pats. Doesnt usually do that. 

Edited by Fansince88
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Is it just me or did he keep try to talk up the Pats. Doesnt usually do that. 

I think his angle was that, should the *Pats somehow pull off the miracle, he would have looked savant-like.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Foxx said:

I think his angle was that, should the *Pats somehow pull off the miracle, he would have looked savant-like.

In fairness, we kept trying to give the game back to them but they weren't good enough to take it.