Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What do you think of the announcers in the NFL?

Ann

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Interesting thread. Is ESPN dead?

ESPN is not going to die.  But they are no longer the elephant in the room.

ESPN will be like AT&T after the breakup of Ma Bell.  A major player, but one of many

• Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ann said:

CBS

3C946388-D056-4532-B372-81ADB805D03A.thumb.jpeg.e59f1334de46a4b2568bd58c09743199.jpeg

Punt the 2 losers in the lower corners and it's fine.  Gene's a moron and Beth needs to stop trying to sound like Marv Albert.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

Richard Sherman joining ‘Undisputed’ to debate Skip Bayless after prior feud

Richard Sherman is joining FS1 to spar with Skip Bayless on “Undisputed” in the wake of Shannon Sharpe’s departure from the program, The Post has learned.

Sherman will go at it with Bayless on around 50-100 shows per year, mostly during football season. 

He will remain on Amazon Prime Video’s “Thursday Night Football” studio show.

</snip>

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Ann said:

Richard Sherman joining ‘Undisputed’ to debate Skip Bayless after prior feud

Richard Sherman is joining FS1 to spar with Skip Bayless on “Undisputed” in the wake of Shannon Sharpe’s departure from the program, The Post has learned.

Sherman will go at it with Bayless on around 50-100 shows per year, mostly during football season. 

He will remain on Amazon Prime Video’s “Thursday Night Football” studio show.

</snip>

Stanford-educated All-Pro cornerback vs. "Got an English degree but still can't speak it" discount Danny Bonaduce?

perfect-popcorn.gif

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 7/2/2023 at 12:35 PM, devnull said:

ESPN is not going to die.  But they are no longer the elephant in the room.

ESPN will be like AT&T after the breakup of Ma Bell.  A major player, but one of many

Yep, those are the same arguments that have been applied to print and broadcast media in the internet age.  Both have suffered, neither has disappeared.  ESPN will do the same.

With the one caveat that ESPN is owned by Disney, who's media branch is run by complete &#%$ing toadstools, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that they could kill it en passant.

• 2 weeks later...
Alaska Darin
On 8/11/2023 at 3:09 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yep, those are the same arguments that have been applied to print and broadcast media in the internet age.  Both have suffered, neither has disappeared.  ESPN will do the same.

With the one caveat that ESPN is owned by Disney, who's media branch is run by complete &#%$ing toadstools, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that they could kill it en passant.

ESPN will eventually be the only thing Disney has left that makes money...since sports gambling is such big business.

In poignant play-by-play account, John Murphy reveals what happened to him

</snip>

Murphy, who wrote that he was “fired up, just like the players, coaches, and fans” for the Bengals game, was “feeling kind of strange” at the holiday party.

“Yes, I’d imbibed a few beers, but I hadn’t overdone it by any means. I started slurring my words a bit, which wasn’t like me at all, but I thought nothing of it. I also was having difficulty holding onto a napkin. Oddly, it kept falling out of my hand. As the night went on, I continued having occasional problems articulating and holding onto things, and my face started feeling funny on my right side.”

His wife and others wanted him to go to the hospital, but the lifelong Bills fan “stubbornly” told them he was fine. He felt worse the next day, when he decided against taking the Bills’ charter flight to Cincinnati.

“As Sunday wore on, I wasn’t getting any better; I was getting worse. And around 4:00 p.m., I finally stopped being pig-headed and agreed to have Mary drive me to the Gates Vascular Institute at Buffalo General Medical Center. The instant I showed up, the nurses picked up on the warning signs. They could see I had suffered a stroke and sprang into action… A lot of what happened to me after that remains hazy, kind of a blur. I was having trouble speaking and had suffered some paralysis on my right side. I was in intensive care for about 36 hours.”

He watched the Bills-Bengals game from his hospital room with his sons.

</snip>

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, Ann said:

In poignant play-by-play account, John Murphy reveals what happened to him

</snip>

Murphy, who wrote that he was “fired up, just like the players, coaches, and fans” for the Bengals game, was “feeling kind of strange” at the holiday party.

“Yes, I’d imbibed a few beers, but I hadn’t overdone it by any means. I started slurring my words a bit, which wasn’t like me at all, but I thought nothing of it. I also was having difficulty holding onto a napkin. Oddly, it kept falling out of my hand. As the night went on, I continued having occasional problems articulating and holding onto things, and my face started feeling funny on my right side.”

His wife and others wanted him to go to the hospital, but the lifelong Bills fan “stubbornly” told them he was fine. He felt worse the next day, when he decided against taking the Bills’ charter flight to Cincinnati.

“As Sunday wore on, I wasn’t getting any better; I was getting worse. And around 4:00 p.m., I finally stopped being pig-headed and agreed to have Mary drive me to the Gates Vascular Institute at Buffalo General Medical Center. The instant I showed up, the nurses picked up on the warning signs. They could see I had suffered a stroke and sprang into action… A lot of what happened to me after that remains hazy, kind of a blur. I was having trouble speaking and had suffered some paralysis on my right side. I was in intensive care for about 36 hours.”

He watched the Bills-Bengals game from his hospital room with his sons.

</snip>

Certainly wish him well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 1