Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What do you think of the announcers in the NFL?

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 1/9/2023 at 4:38 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He was so vacuous and devoid of real insight yesterday, it's when it first occurred to me that maybe he's been muzzled.  I know he can do better, because he has.

By way of this...Diggs' TD.  

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/can-t-miss-play-josh-allen-dials-launch-codes-to-stefon-diggs-for-49-yard-td-bil

Two years ago, you know Romo would have gotten a "Watch Diggs on the outside!" comment in before the snap.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 4:38 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He was so vacuous and devoid of real insight yesterday, it's when it first occurred to me that maybe he's been muzzled.  I know he can do better, because he has.

I wondered if he had a stroke. Something’s amiss there. 

On 1/9/2023 at 10:44 AM, B-Man said:

I originally liked him because he would, amazingly and accurately, tell you what play was coming before the snap.

No doubt they discouraged that.

He was bad yesterday, but still is infinitely better than Collingsworthless.

It hadn't occurred to me before, but you're right.  Why would they do that when it was the thing that made him so interesting to fans?

I like Romo but also noticed how much useless blathering he did when I rewatched the NE* game the other night.

• I don't know 1

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It hadn't occurred to me before, but you're right.  Why would they do that when it was the thing that made him so interesting to fans?

I like Romo but also noticed how much useless blathering he did when I rewatched the NE* game the other night.

The NFL likers to pretend the game is complicated and sophisticated to lure in the viewers.

can't have some ex-jock in the booth calling all the plays before they happen.

sort of the exposes that the black box isn't actually magic after all 

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I wish his response to whoever told him "Stop predicting the play on the telecast" would have been "Disguise your formations better, and I won't."

• Like 2

On 1/10/2023 at 5:26 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

By way of this...Diggs' TD.  

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/can-t-miss-play-josh-allen-dials-launch-codes-to-stefon-diggs-for-49-yard-td-bil

Two years ago, you know Romo would have gotten a "Watch Diggs on the outside!" comment in before the snap.

He did it on Smoke's TD but it wasn't as overt as in the past. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He did it on Smoke's TD but it wasn't as overt as in the past. 

Probably wasn't a stroke then.

paddling.gif

8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

You lose Carrie Underwood and things go downhill from there.

Whodathunkit?

cry me a river of tears for poor Al Michaels

I didn't realize that he had been kidnapped and forced under gunpoint to bail on the network and move to Amazon for a shitload more money to call the crappy Thursday package

https://www.outkick.com/al-michaels-amazon-nfl-thursday-tnf-package-selling-used-cars/

For months we’ve all opined how miserable poor Al Michaels must’ve been this year calling stinky Thursday Night Football games for Amazon Prime.

Michaels, who NBC thankfully rescued to call Saturday’s Chargers-Jags playoff game, said calling TNF games this past season was like trying to essentially sell a lemon.

Sadly, Al won’t be reunited with longtime partner Cris ‘Here’s a Guy’ Collinsworth, but at least he’ll finally get to see what a good football game looks like for the first time in a year.

• Like 2

so who will be the first coach to deck the sideline reporter for interfering with him trying to coach and win a game

coach - you going to bench your QB? 

We want to be the first to know

https://www.outkick.com/john-harbaugh-ravens-bengals-awkward-interview-melissa-stark/

During the 24-17 loss in the playoffs to Joe Burrow and company, the Ravens coach gave a sideline interview to Melissa Stark at the start of the second quarter, and he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else. When asked if the Ravens might make a switch at QB off Tyler Huntley, John Harbaugh looked visibly annoyed.

He just cracked what appeared to be a semi-sarcastic smile and said, “We’ll just say how the game goes, okay? Thanks.”

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Foxx said:

Apparently the few of us who commented on Romo's bad color commentary of late, was noticed by the network and others.

A lot of the suspected chatter was that someone got to him before this season to tell him to dial back his telling us what was happening before it actually happened. He was no longer calling out plays and explaining the calls this season. This “Specifically, Marchand said that CBS attempted an “intervention” with Romo during the 2022 offseason, but that things “did not get better.” Seems to confirm that supposition.  

• Like 1