Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines

Foxx

In other news, I'm glad to see this since my employer threatened my livelihood with forced vaccination using this bogus Federal employee shit as a justification even though I've never set foot in a Federal building as part of my functions.

Biden admin quietly ends COVID-19 testing targeting unvaccinated fed workers

The Biden administration is instructing agencies to cease all COVID-19 testing aimed specifically at unvaccinated employees, marking a new approach in the fight against the coronavirus and the push to get all federal workers inoculated.

Agencies will no longer conduct “serial screening testing” based on vaccination status as they shift away from differential treatment based on whether employees are up to date on their shots. They will also stop asking employees, contractors and visitors if they are vaccinated before entering federal buildings as they will no longer differentiate safety protocols based on vaccination status. The administration distributed the guidance in an email from the Chief Human Capital Officers Council, which was obtained by Government Executive and first published by Federal News Network. The changes will go into effect by Aug. 22.

Some facilities in settings that require it will continue testing all employees. Agencies will not, however, initiate any new testing programs that are not already underway. Similarly, some agencies at certain sites can continue requesting vaccination information, but the council told agencies to stop using the governmentwide vaccination certification form.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

In other news, I'm glad to see this since my employer threatened my livelihood with forced vaccination using this bogus Federal employee shit as a justification even though I've never set foot in a Federal building as part of my functions.

Biden admin quietly ends COVID-19 testing targeting unvaccinated fed workers

The Biden administration is instructing agencies to cease all COVID-19 testing aimed specifically at unvaccinated employees, marking a new approach in the fight against the coronavirus and the push to get all federal workers inoculated.

Agencies will no longer conduct “serial screening testing” based on vaccination status as they shift away from differential treatment based on whether employees are up to date on their shots. They will also stop asking employees, contractors and visitors if they are vaccinated before entering federal buildings as they will no longer differentiate safety protocols based on vaccination status. The administration distributed the guidance in an email from the Chief Human Capital Officers Council, which was obtained by Government Executive and first published by Federal News Network. The changes will go into effect by Aug. 22.

Some facilities in settings that require it will continue testing all employees. Agencies will not, however, initiate any new testing programs that are not already underway. Similarly, some agencies at certain sites can continue requesting vaccination information, but the council told agencies to stop using the governmentwide vaccination certification form.

I'm sorry to be naive about this, but I wonder if that includes the military.

• Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Probably - but not certainly - not.  "Federal employees" does not usually include serving military members (but would include DOD civilian employees and contractors.)

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
52 minutes ago, Ann said:

Iceland

1) Barely

2) The problem common to almost all COVID reporting: there's no distinction made between "infection" and "illness."

• Facepalm 2

36 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

1) Barely

2) The problem common to almost all COVID reporting: there's no distinction made between "infection" and "illness."

The odds ratio was actually the opposite direction before their very basic adjustments too. Their figures show it’s pretty much all happening in that 18-29 age group, even though it’s still not significant there. 

The more reasonable take based on those results was that there’s no difference between the two, but that doesn’t cause nearly as much outrage. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

1) Barely

well sure

those with more jabs are also much more likely to take more tests, sick or not

thus highly increasing the likelihood of generating false positives from having a PCR test at 40 cycle counts

so any results which show anything bad about the jabs can, and should be, immediately debunked    

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Military falls under a different category than Federal workers. 

The Federal worker vax requirement still technically in effect, but there is an injunction preventing enforcement

• Like 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 8/17/2022 at 9:47 PM, shrader said:

Are you spying on me? Baby’s sleeping and the bourbon’s pouring. I can’t complain. 

:spy:Yes

Translation

since covid has burned out, Big Pharma will ramp up the fear by directly spreading new virus with our new, improved "booster" jab

‘Most have thrown their hands up’: has the US forgotten about Covid? (msn.com)

“If they don’t get vaccinated or they don’t get boosted, they’re going to get into trouble,” Fauci said, adding that the country’s vaccine and booster rates are “quite discouraging”. According to Fauci, booster shots that target newer variants such as BA.5 will probably be available next month. “If you aren’t worried about your personal risk, do it for your communal responsibility,” he said.

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2022 at 12:05 PM, Spartacus said:

“CDC’s COVID-19 prevention recommendations no longer differentiate based on a person’s vaccination status because breakthrough infections occur, though they are generally mild, and persons who have had COVID-19 but are not vaccinated have some degree of protection against severe illness from their previous infection.”

Soooooo... basically what I said over 2 years ago after being infected with the original strain in January of 2020 coming back from Orlando. My ex got the shot and is just getting over another infection.

• Cheers 2

Judge grants preliminary injunction from COVID vax mandate for Marines denied religious exemptions
Judge found evidence shows Marine Corps likely had "a systemic failure" in following the Religious Freedom Restoration Act

A federal judge late Thursday granted a preliminary injunction against the Marine Corps' COVID-19 vaccine mandate for service members who were denied Religious Accommodation Requests.

Judge Steven Merryday, of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division, granted the class action relief in a case that includes 15 Marines who have sued the Defense Department over its denial of their exemption  requests regarding the COVID vaccine mandate.

In a 48-page decision, Merrday pointed out that while 3,733 Marines requested RARs regarding the vaccine mandate, only 11 have been granted. And those who were granted the requests were already "due for retirement and prompt separation," Merryday wrote. 

The judge also found that, according to the evidence, the Marine Corps likely had "a systemic failure" in following the Religious Freedom Restoration Act with regard to the broad denial of the requests.

</snip>

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 3

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/federal-government-stop-paying-covid-shots-tests-and-treatments

"One of the things we've spent a lot of time thinking about in the last many months...is getting us out of that acute emergency phase where the US government is buying the vaccines, buying the treatments, buying the diagnostic tests," White House Covid-19 Response Coordinator Ashish Jha said at a US Chamber of Commerce Foundation event on Tuesday. 

"Resolving the issue of equitable access" loosely translates to figuring out how to still give many tests, vaccines and treatments away to the uninsured and others -- so drug companies will still be reaping some benefit from governmental redistribution of wealth where Covid-19 is concerned.

Pfizer and Moderna racked up $79 billion in Covid vaccine sales in 2021 alone, the Journal reports, with sales juiced by public health officials' false claims of efficacy, coupled with coercive vaccination requirements imposed by governments, schools and employers. 

13 hours ago, Spartacus said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/federal-government-stop-paying-covid-shots-tests-and-treatments

"One of the things we've spent a lot of time thinking about in the last many months...is getting us out of that acute emergency phase where the US government is buying the vaccines, buying the treatments, buying the diagnostic tests," White House Covid-19 Response Coordinator Ashish Jha said at a US Chamber of Commerce Foundation event on Tuesday. 

"Resolving the issue of equitable access" loosely translates to figuring out how to still give many tests, vaccines and treatments away to the uninsured and others -- so drug companies will still be reaping some benefit from governmental redistribution of wealth where Covid-19 is concerned.

Pfizer and Moderna racked up $79 billion in Covid vaccine sales in 2021 alone, the Journal reports, with sales juiced by public health officials' false claims of efficacy, coupled with coercive vaccination requirements imposed by governments, schools and employers. 

6qkj0b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

umm-castle.gif

To be clear, it's one city - Xiamen - that's doing this, not all of China.  And they're doing it because the current outbreak in Hainan province has been traced back to the seafood industry.

And the officials in Xiamen are being ridiculed in China to no small degree for misunderstanding that "from the seafood industry" (i.e. traced back to interactions between fisherman) does not mean "from seafood" (i.e. thinking that fish can get a respiratory virus.)

• Cheers 2