Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Dubs said:

Science has resigned. 

Retired is more like it.  He headed NAIAD for 40 years.  He's long past due for retirement.

19 minutes ago, Dubs said:

Science has resigned. 

They will be able to call him to testify but he won't say anything

And there's nothing the Republicans can do to him, because he will be retired.

This is all about protecting his pension.  He's probably already got a gig set up with Pfizer or some other Big Pharma outfit.  Then there's gonna be the Corporate Media contributor spots and of course the book deal.

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
21 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Retired is more like it.  He headed NAIAD for 40 years.  He's long past due for retirement.

I hope I can still have the ability to work at 81.

Nouseforaname
58 minutes ago, devnull said:

So I Googled fauci pension, and this was the first result

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2021/12/28/dr-anthony-faucis-retirement-pay-will-exceed-350000-per-year--the-largest-in-us-federal-government-history/?sh=b9b386c609cf

$350,000 per year pension

Yep Treefiddy.  Fauci is the gawdam Loch Ness Monster

Wait until you see how much he makes off his book « how I battled medical nazis »

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Wait until you see how much he makes off his book « how I battled medical nazis »

He's been at NAIAD since the start of the AIDS epidemic.  His memoirs are going to be hellaciously interesting.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’ll fast forward to the chapter where he becomes Josef mengele

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2021/11/30/media-lara-logan-fox-fauci-mengele-comparison/

Funny thing is, liberals were making that comparison some 35 years ago.  Gays hated Fauci during the early AIDS epidemic.  

Guy must have done something right.  Everyone's hated him at one point or another.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Funny thing is, liberals were making that comparison some 35 years ago.  Gays hated Fauci during the early AIDS epidemic.  

Guy must have done something right.  Everyone's hated him at one point or another.

Seems to me that he was competent but was terrible in the spotlight.

I have it on good word that Dr. Anthony "The Science" Fauci possesses multiple documents that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Former Surgeon General Jerome Adams noted Fauci’s announcement by claiming that the doctor never sought the spotlight:

Tony never asked for the spotlight. Not once in 40 years. But at times when others ran from it, or sought to use it for personal gain, he’s always done his best to give good advice and help the public. He’s human and humans are imperfect- but that doesn’t make him nefarious.

— Jerome Adams (@JeromeAdamsMD) August 22, 2022

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Ann said:

Trust me, I'm no advocate for the vaccine but I don't know how anyone can draw an accurate conclusion from a data set that has no information on the unvacinated. Additionally, without a 'per 100k' metric, they are painting a computer picture that only gets fuzier the closer you look at it.

• Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino

Masks did nothing - as the science said during the pandemic, but was censored, decried as anti-science, and ridiculed. Now, the same ones who pushed the theology of masks are trying to weasel out of it without admitting they weren't just wrong, they were the anti-science problem they fretted about... 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Considering San Diego County probably is one of the closest to "fully vaxxed" counties there are, this on the surface isn't surprising at all even if vaccines are highly effective at mitigating the severity of the illness associated with the virus.  If the #'s are overwhelmingly skewed towards people being vaccinated and those #'s are skewed even further by those in "high risk" groupings then it reasons that having more covid deaths among the vaccinated is a very plausible, if not likely, outcome.

But for Facebook or any other censor to flat out call it fake news without pointing out specifically what is fake/wrong is extremely ####ty.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Trust me, I'm no advocate for the vaccine but I don't know how anyone can draw an accurate conclusion from a data set that has no information on the unvacinated. Additionally, without a 'per 100k' metric, they are painting a computer picture that only gets fuzier the closer you look at it.

Per 100k and percentage are the same metric, they just use a different denominator. Percentage is cases per 100, yours is per 100,000. That’s not the issue here. They reported percentages, just not the right ones. 

The issue is actually listed in that article but they are most certainly trying to mislead people. They show 36 deaths among the fully boosted. Earlier in the text it shows 2,435,363 fully boosted, so that’s 1.48 per 100k. So with 29 deaths among the 338,362 who are not fully vaccinated gives you 8.57 deaths per 100k. So to say that the risk of death is higher in that first group, it’s pure BS. 

Edited by shrader
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But for Facebook or any other censor to flat out call it fake news without pointing out specifically what is fake/wrong is extremely ####ty.

This I 100% agree on. Instead of taking a chance to educate, which I hope I did a bit by actually doing some basic math, the block it and instead welcome the mouth breather conspiracy folks. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

Per 100k and percentage are the same metric, they just use a different denominator. Percentage is cases per 100, yours is per 100,000. That’s not the issue here. 

The issue is actually listed in that article but they are most certainly trying to mislead people. They show 36 deaths among the fully boosted. Earlier in the text it shows 2,435,363 fully boosted, so that’s 1.48 per 100k. So with 29 deaths among the 338,362 who are not fully vaccinated gives you 8.57 deaths per 100k. So to say that the risk of death is higher in that first group, it’s pure BS. 

And that's where it would've been REALLY easy to say though TOTAL vaccinated deaths is larger than total unvacinated deaths; the death rates for unvaccinated is significantly higher than those for the vaxxed.

Could probably parse it even further and find out the majority of those vaxxed deaths were of very high risk individuals vs likely of lower risk individuals among the unwanted group.