Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines

Foxx

8 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ontario-reopening-plan-lift-restaurant-capacity-limits-monday-183915554.html

In some good news, looks like Ontario will drop all Covid restrictions come March. 

I am surprised you still have all those capacity limits and mask mandates.

Ontario will enter the next phase of its reopening plan on Monday, as the province allows restaurants, bars, gyms and other facilities that require proof of vaccination to lift COVID-19 capacity restrictions.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced on Friday that businesses where proof of vaccination is required will be able to lift capacity restrictions that were put in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic. He also detailed the government's plan to lift public health restrictions over the coming months, including the lifting of mask mandates on March 28 of next year.

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

I am surprised you still have all those capacity limits and mask mandates.

Ontario will enter the next phase of its reopening plan on Monday, as the province allows restaurants, bars, gyms and other facilities that require proof of vaccination to lift COVID-19 capacity restrictions.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced on Friday that businesses where proof of vaccination is required will be able to lift capacity restrictions that were put in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic. He also detailed the government's plan to lift public health restrictions over the coming months, including the lifting of mask mandates on March 28 of next year.

They have been cautious since the beginning. It's helped keep our cases low. Most of Canada has been that way. It's helped a lot during the Delta wave. Alberta is the only one that had an issue but that's due to dropping restrictions too quickly. 

• Doh! 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GG1 said:

March of what year?

2022. They have outlined the plan. As long as cases stay low and ICUs aren't overwhelmed all restrictions will be lifted. I see no reason for it not to happen as with the vaccine passport in place and masks it's kept cases down. It also helps we have a high vaccination rate. 

• Facepalm 1

Nouseforaname

@GG1 I just finished listening to the Rogan/Gupta podcast and I'm not sure exactly what we were discussing but Rogan pretty much says that the MRNA vaccines are therapeutics.  This isn't the first time he says it either.

5 minutes ago, Meazza said:

@GG1 I just finished listening to the Rogan/Gupta podcast and I'm not sure exactly what we were discussing but Rogan pretty much says that the MRNA vaccines are therapeutics.  This isn't the first time he says it either.

Due to the fall off in efficacy, wouldn't that be a more approiate term? Along the lines of a flu shot.

14 minutes ago, Meazza said:

I'll have to relisten to it.   That's an odd thing to say about something you need to take before you get sick and not after.  Rogan does have an inclination to repeat what his most recent guests say, if he believes them.   I think Berenson kept referring to the MRNAs as therapeutics.   They are definitely a new type of vaccines, but they are not therapeutics, unless you take them regularly AFTER you get sick.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I'll have to relisten to it.   That's an odd thing to say about something you need to take before you get sick and not after.  Rogan does have an inclination to repeat what his most recent guests say, if he believes them.   I think Berenson kept referring to the MRNAs as therapeutics.   They are definitely a new type of vaccines, but they are not therapeutics, unless you take them regularly AFTER you get sick.

He knows his audience that's all will say. 

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Due to the fall off in efficacy, wouldn't that be a more approiate term? Along the lines of a flu shot.

So the threshold that separates a vaccine from a therapeutic is efficacy ?

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, GG1 said:

He’s a meathead.  Again, you could tell him the sky is raining meth and he wouldn’t say anything but talk about the vaccine or pot and he’ll keep interrupting you.  

51 minutes ago, Meazza said:

He’s a meathead.  Again, you could tell him the sky is raining meth and he wouldn’t say anything but talk abut the vaccine or pot and he’ll keep interrupting you.  

And yet he's a much better interviewer than the supposed professional intellectuals.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, GG1 said:

And yet he's a much better interviewer than the supposed professional intellectuals.

That’s just how low we’ve gone in terms of quality.

Waiitng for when Steven dubner comes up with something on the vaccine l

• Like 1

Scientists not backing Covid jabs for 12 to 15-year-olds

The UK's vaccine advisory body has refused to give the green light to vaccinating healthy children aged 12-15 years on health grounds alone.

The JCVI said children were at such a low risk from the virus that jabs would offer only a marginal benefit.

The UK's four chief medical officers have now been asked to have the final say, and to consider the wider impact on schools and society.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid said a decision would be made shortly.

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation did advise widening the existing vaccine programme to include an extra 200,000 teenagers with specific underlying conditions.

Doctors identified that children with chronic heart, lung and liver conditions were at much higher risk of Covid than healthy children.

'Insufficient evidence'

The decision not to recommend the vaccine to all healthy children was based on concern over an extremely rare side effect of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines which causes heart inflammation, and can lead to palpitations and chest pain. ...

Sweden extends pause of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine in young people under 30 due to concerns the shot causes rare heart inflammation

...Sweden paused usage of the Moderna COVID-19 shot in everyone born after 1990 earlier this month.

The decision came after health officials viewed data that found the shots were causing cases of myocarditis in young people who got the vaccine.

Sweden's Public Health Agency says that the unpublished data signals 'an increased risk of side effects such as inflammation of the heart muscle or the pericardium' - the double-walled sac containing the heart and the roots of the main vessels.

It added: 'The risk of being affected is very small.' 

That data is still not publicly available. 

Denmark followed Sweden's lead, and restricted access to the vaccine to anyone under the age of 18 as well.

The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare said earlier this month that authorities won't give the vaccine to males under age 30, and they will be offered the Pfizer-BioNTech immunization instead, also citing the heart inflammation data. 

Iceland also paused use of the vaccine citing concerns from the same data.

Norway, another Nordic country, has not taken as drastic action as its neighbors, with health officials urging people under 30 to opt for the Pfizer vaccine instead.

Myocarditis and pericarditis, both types of inflammation of the heart, are known side effects of the Covid vaccines, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) even warns that the condition may develop in young males after vaccination.

Heart inflammation is also a symptom of many viral infections like COVID-19, though, and the likelihood of developing the inflammation after infection is much higher than it is after vaccination.  

Those conditions involve an inflammation of the heart or its lining.

On Thursday, data on the Moderna vaccines likelihood to cause heart inflammation was presented to a CDC advisory panel.

The presentation showed that males were much more likely to develop the condition than females - with those aged 18 to 24 at most risk, and the 25 to 29 group at risk as well.

The second dose of the vaccine is also the one that usually causes the condition. ...

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Yes it is accurate. 

Hopefully the drama teacher gets rid of PCR testing for Canadians returning from travel.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meazza said:

Hopefully the drama teacher gets rid of PCR testing for Canadians returning from travel.  

In private life, a drama teacher.  But as head of state, a drama queen

On 10/22/2021 at 6:22 PM, Meazza said:

Are not things like remdesivir Therapeutics? That is to treat a disease right? not to prevent or am I not understanding this correctly?