Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines

Foxx

Nouseforaname
10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Got officially notified today: provide proof of vaccination by Thursday, noon, or be fired.

Anyone know a good attorney?

Aren't you a contractor?

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Meazza said:

Aren't you a contractor?

Yep.  Full-time work from home, too.  Don't even have an office location to go in to.  

Nouseforaname
4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Yep.  Full-time work from home, too.  Don't even have an office location to go in to.  

I'm a contractor as well and I don't believe I have any employment rights due to that.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Meazza said:

I'm a contractor as well and I don't believe I have any employment rights due to that.

I don't have any employment rights at all.  I'm in a "right to work" state.  

Does not change the fact that "By executive order, your employees must provide health care records to work, or you must fire them" is nonsense that can be dangerously abused.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

"By executive order, your employees must provide health care records to work, or you must fire them" is nonsense that can be dangerously abused.

That's the point

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I don't have any employment rights at all.  I'm in a "right to work" state.  

Does not change the fact that "By executive order, your employees must provide health care records to work, or you must fire them" is nonsense that can be dangerously abused.

Can?

Just got off a company wide call that explained our coming vaccination requirement, because a small segment of the company turns out to be a government contractor, thus the executive order applies to the entire firm!

6 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Can?

Just got off a company wide call that explained our coming vaccination requirement, because a small segment of the company turns out to be a government contractor, thus the executive order applies to the entire firm!

If a company has a contract to sell one pencil to the federal government, the order applies to the company 

Crap Throwing Clavin
38 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Can?

Yep, and that's the clear intent of the EO: to get around the inability to issue a federal mandate for vaccination (because public health powers are delegated to the states, the federal government can't mandate it) by mandating employers force their workforce to get vaccinated (because the federal government can regulate the federal workforce and contractors). 

But that's not even the abuse I'm talking about.  A medical test for employment?  Not even connected to the job requirements?  I mean, they're not talking about nurses or police officers requiring vaccinations (which would at least make sense), they're talking about everyone, no matter their job description, location, or interaction with the public, being required to provide medical records as a condition of employment.  That's...horrifying.  It's horrifying to me as someone who has been fired for being mentally ill (because ultimately, the ADA isn't worth shit), and as someone who lived through and vividly remembers the start of the AIDS epidemic, when the very people who are now mandating health prerequisites for employment were fighting against exactly that for HIV status (to the point of getting HIV added as a disability to the ADA).

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Got officially notified today: provide proof of vaccination by Thursday, noon, or be fired.

Anyone know a good attorney?

Hillary-Clinton.jpg

She may not be able to win in court but she does have another very particular set of skills...

Edited by LB3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Hillary-Clinton.jpg

She may not be able to win in court but she does have another very particular set of skills...

One generally leads to the other.

proof positive that the jab really works!

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/pediatric-covid-hospitalizations-plunge-schools-reopen-baffling-experts

All summer long, Dr. Anthony Fauci, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky and other unelected federal bureaucrats have been warning that COVID cases will explode as soon as teachers and students return to classrooms in person this fall, which is why Dr. Fauci has been one of the loudest voices cheering on politicians like NYC's de Blasio and others who have imposed such mandates on teachers and school employees (which has since been expanded to cover most, if not all, city employees).

But just as Pfizer, Moderna and their allies in the federal bureaucracy prepare to declare mRNA vaccines safe for all students between the age of 5 and 11, Bloomberg has just pointed out a remarkable shift: hospitalizations involving US children (already extremely rare compared with the adult population) have fallen sharply as schools reopen.

• Like 1

Yes, many might not have COVID but, were they vaccinated? Whatever the case, this is scary.

It's also not a staffing shortage due to COVID mandates (though the article does say they are hiring basically unskilled workers), because the hospital talked about in the article, Sparrow has not joined the growing list of healthcare organizations in Michigan to mandate the vaccine.

A rather long NPR article.

ERs are now swamped with seriously ill patients — but many don't even have COVID

Inside the emergency department at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Mich., staff members are struggling to care for patients who are showing up much sicker than they've ever seen.

Tiffani Dusang, the emergency room's nursing director, practically vibrates with pent-up anxiety, looking at all the patients lying on a long line of stretchers pushed up against the beige walls of the hospital's hallways. "It's hard to watch," she says in her warm Texan twang.

But there's nothing she can do. The ER's 72 rooms are already filled.

"I always feel very, very bad when I walk down the hallway and see that people are in pain or needing to sleep or needing quiet. But they have to be in the hallway with, as you can see, 10 or 15 people walking by every minute."

It's a stark contrast to where this emergency department — and thousands others — were at the start of the coronavirus pandemic. Except for initial hot spots like New York City, many ERs across the U.S. were often eerily empty in the spring of 2020. Terrified of contracting COVID-19, people who were sick with other things did their best to stay away from hospitals. Visits to emergency departments dropped to half their normal levels, according to the Epic Health Research Network, and didn't fully rebound until the summer of 2021. ...

...This isn't just happening at Sparrow.

"We are hearing from members in every part of the country," says Dr. Lisa Moreno, president of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM). "The Midwest, the South, the Northeast, the West ... they are seeing this exact same phenomenon." ...

https://twitter.com/Fynnderella1/status/1453134378423537669

• Cheers 1

it's not a messaging problem

it's a pandemic problem

as in its over- but they want it to continue

Biden’s COVID messaging problem (msn.com)

%7B
Democrat Terry McAuliffe can’t stop lying about COVID.
During his Sept. 28 gubernatorial debate with Republican Glenn Youngkin, McAuliffe claimed there were 8,000 new COVID cases “yesterday in Virginia.” The reality is there were less than 2,000.%7B

Then on Oct. 7, McAuliffe claimed there were 1,142 children with COVID in ICU beds across Virginia. This was also way off. In reality, just 35 children visited a hospital for any COVID-related reason on Oct. 7, let alone were admitted to an ICU bed.

Contacted by the Washington Post to explain these discrepancies, the McAuliffe campaign claimed McAuliffe simply misspoke.

Except, he then “misspoke” again, making the same preposterous claim about children in ICU beds on Oct. 13, Oct, 21, and Oct. 23.

Why does McAuliffe keep “misspeaking” about the severity of COVID in Virginia and always in the direction of making the pandemic seem worse than it really is?

The answer is because Democrats chose to politicize COVID a long time ago, attempting to cast Republicans as soft-on-COVID villains. 

image.png

27 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Good.  Although I don't know that the state of Florida has standing.  May have to be an actual group of contractors that sues.

What if Fla govt business is affected because of lack of workers affected by fed contractor mandate?    Remember the entire private firm is on the hook even if a tiny bit is a fed contractor.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
27 minutes ago, GG1 said:

What if Fla govt business is affected because of lack of workers affected by fed contractor mandate?    Remember the entire private firm is on the hook even if a tiny bit is a fed contractor.  

Fair point...although, to successfully argue to a judge that that provides standing I think would come down to venue shopping more than anything.

When I said "I don't know if they have standing," I really meant "I don't know," not "They don't."  I'd hate to have to predict how that decision would go.

• Like 1