Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines

Foxx

On 4/2/2022 at 1:40 PM, B-Man said:

COVID IS OVER: 

Just 2.15% of U.S. hospital beds are now used for COVID-19 patients.

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2022/04/01/covid19-hospitalizations-HHS-CDC/9241648839146/

Breaking news: 97.85% of hospital beds taken away from COVID victims by evil, racist, bigoted, misogynistic, actual literal super mecha-Nazi anti-vaxxers!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Foxx said:

good thing those covid jabs are 100% safe

no chance that graphene oxide is running amok in their blood stream

and people denounce Novak Djokovic for refusing to get jabbed

Edited by Spartacus

Nouseforaname
10 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Forgive my ignorance but what does "retired" mean in Tennis?

Seriously.  With guys like nadal and federer playing until they’re 75?

• Like 1

well, hard to reach when the herd immunity number keeps increasing- soon to be 110%.

herd immunity to the original covid-19 was reached in fall 2020.

every "variation", although in the the coronavirus family,  should be treated as new and separate strains, just like annual flu strains. 

just like some version of the common cold coronavirus can't be eradicated, same with the catch all covid viruss

Fauci: Herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2 may be ‘unattainable’ (msn.com)

Fauci has long questioned herd immunity as a benchmark to end the COVID-19 pandemic, often describing the epidemiological concept as “elusive” or “mystical.”

“There are significant obstacles to achieving complete herd immunity with COVID-19,” the NIAID officials wrote. “‘Classical’ herd immunity, leading to disease eradication or elimination, almost certainly is an unattainable goal.”

A study from 2020 estimated that the herd immunity threshold for the original strain of the virus was about 67%.

But during the surge caused by the more infectious delta variant in mid-2021, some infectious-disease experts attempted to recalculate what percentage of the population would need to be “immune” to achieve herd immunity, moving the target up to 80% and 90% from previous estimates of 50%, 60%, or 70%.

Looks like a good deal. I guess? I think? I mean, what the hell is this again? Don't teachers already get paid sick days?

Oh, wait. Paid Covid-related leave. So you don't need to HAVE Covid. You need need a Covid-related issue like, say, I don't want to go back to the classroom because the children might Covid me!

• Facepalm 3

17 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Looks like a good deal. I guess? I think? I mean, what the hell is this again? Don't teachers already get paid sick days?

Oh, wait. Paid Covid-related leave. So you don't need to HAVE Covid. You need need a Covid-related issue like, say, I don't want to go back to the classroom because the children might Covid me!

I'm betting it's just as much for retirement compensation as it is for actual leave.

DC epidemic?

Washington has experienced a rush of new COVID-19 cases as restrictions have lifted and more events and gatherings are happening across Washington, D.C.

On Wednesday, Attorney General Merrick Garland and Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo announced positive tests. The officials were among more than a dozen attendees of the Saturday night Gridiron Club dinner to test positive for the virus. Pelosi did not attend the dinner, her spokesman said.

Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser also announced Thursday that she tested positive for COVID-19 and would “work at home while following isolation protocols.”

Several lawmakers have announced positive test results and are isolating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

But standing closer than six feet away from them...that does.  

What thorough retards.

I dont think they had to. There were no round circles on the floor.

14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

But standing closer than six feet away from them...that does.  

What thorough retards.

they've got an agenda to push

the amazing part is the number of lemmings who believe them and are still wearing masks and following CDC guidelines

the anti-Cuomo rule

DeSantis signs hospital visitation bill, other legislation (msn.com)

The visitation bill requires that health care facilities, including nursing homes, allow in-person visits during end-of-life situations and in most other cases. DeSantis and other state health officials said the measure was inspired by hospitals limiting visits during the coronavirus pandemic.

“There's nothing wrong with taking precautions and if they want you to wear PPE, but to not let somebody be there with their loved one, end of life situations, to lose a family member and be shut out of being able to go into the hospital, that is fundamentally wrong,” the governor said.

Under the law, health care facilities have to establish visitation rules that include infection control and education policies for visitors. The policies cannot be more stringent than safety rules applied to the facility's staff and may not require proof of any vaccination or immunization. A health care center can suspend in-person visitation for specific people if they violate rules.

• Like 1

https://www.outkick.com/covid-report-card-ny-california-nj-cstrategies-failed-florida-among-best-performing-states/

In their study titled “A FINAL REPORT CARD ON THE STATES’ RESPONSE TO COVID-19” for the National Bureau of Economic Research, University of Chicago economist Casey Mulligan and Stephen Moore and Phil Kerpen of the Committee to Unleash Prosperity examined data from three variables: the economy, education and mortality, which were the three major talking points from government agencies in their battles against COVID.

Remember, we have to lock you down to save your life, but it’s going to be crushing to the economy and your child’s education.

And after analyzing the data available to them, the research shows that states with iron fist rules to crush COVID actually crushed public education and stifled their economies while having very little to no benefit on the mortality rate.

Top 10 states COVID outcome measure by economy education mortatlity