Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines

Foxx

4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Just flew Spokane to Denver, and pretty much no one is wearing a mask anywhere. Some older folks, and your Asians, who were wearing them long before they were required, but if you pay attention to social media and see the nutbags posting how they're going on a plane and wearing double masks because they care about other people, believe me, these people are full-goose-bozo nutbags in their own very small little world.

Lol….I stopped in Denver on the way home just about the same time.  Ate dinner in a Mexican place in Terminal B.

I estimated 75% no mask in Denver.  Lower in SFO (no surprise).

Millennial sitting next to me did a full scrub with the wet nap: tray, arm rests, etc. when she sat down.  I bet she was thrilled sitting between two maskless guys!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Millennial sitting next to me did a full scrub with the wet nap: tray, arm rests, etc. when she sat down.  I bet she was thrilled sitting between two maskless guys!

Did you sneeze or cough once just for giggles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Did you sneeze or cough once just for giggles?

I probably should have asked her if she was prepping for surgery and did she need any help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I probably should have asked her if she was prepping for surgery and did she need any help.

And addressed her as Karen 🙂

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Lol….I stopped in Denver on the way home just about the same time.  Ate dinner in a Mexican place in Terminal B.

I estimated 75% no mask in Denver.  Lower in SFO (no surprise).

btw....my observations in DSM and DEN (and even SFO) are very much at odds with the poll that I see referred to everywhere indicating 56% still support a mandate.   So we're supposed to believe that 15-20% of the population supports a mandate yet chooses not to wear a mask?   Uh....I don't think so.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

btw....my observations in DSM and DEN (and even SFO) are very much at odds with the poll that I see referred to everywhere indicating 56% still support a mandate.   So we're supposed to believe that 15-20% of the population supports a mandate yet chooses not to wear a mask?   Uh....I don't think so.

Lies, damn lies, and CNN/SSRN polls.

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I saw that poll and laughed. You want to poll people. Go to the effin' airport. If you support the mandate, you wear a mask, and that is NOT what I see traveling.

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I saw that poll and laughed. You want to poll people. Go to the effin' airport. If you support the mandate, you wear a mask, and that is NOT what I see traveling.

Self-selection bias.  Anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers are more prone to travel.  Sane, knowledgeable, educated liberal/progressive people don't go to airports or board planes, because they know the risk of death from COVID is too high.

• Wow 1

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Self-selection bias.  Anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers are more prone to travel.  Sane, knowledgeable, educated liberal/progressive people don't go to airports or board planes, because they know the risk of death from COVID is too high.

I went to the office this week and we're only obliged to go in once a week.  A colleague/friend of mine who I respect told me on a teams call that I should wear a mask at the office because the sixth wave is hitting hard.  This is after already having said that I literally had COVID two weeks ago.

This virus hit hard.  Some people are never coming back.

Edited by Meazza
  • Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Meazza said:

I went to the office this week and we're only obliged to go in once a week.  A colleague/friend of mine who I respect told me on a teams call that I should wear a mask at the office because the sixth wave is hitting hard.  This is after already having said that I literally had COVID two weeks ago.

This virus hit hard.  Some people are never coming back.

I'll confess: I've been wearing a mask in public the past two weeks.  Because two weeks ago I may have been exposed to COVID, so it was a sensible precaution to protect others.

A little common sense goes a long way.

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Mayor Qiaomo denies everything.

I'm waiting for the obligatory "Ivermectim and a shot of HCQ and some Zinc and some Protein Powder" and Shanghai would be up and running again.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Meazza said:

I'm waiting for the obligatory "Ivermectim and a shot of HCQ and some Zinc and some Protein Powder" and Shanghai would be up and running again.

6djfyy.jpg

• Haha 1

Nouseforaname
23 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'll confess: I've been wearing a mask in public the past two weeks.  Because two weeks ago I may have been exposed to COVID, so it was a sensible precaution to protect others.

I’m obliged to.  I hate it.

The hysterical madness is still quite strong.

Though this bill has no chance of passage at this time, the mere fact that anyone who is a member of the American legislative system would even dream of putting it up as a bill is very troubling. But, then again, there is so much that is troubling about today's world.

Rhode Island: Mandatory Vax or Pay Double Your Income Tax

A bill introduced in the Rhode Island legislature would require every eligible person who resides, works, or pays taxes in the state to take a COVID-19 vaccine.

Anyone who refuses will be fined $50 per month, AND “shall owe twice the amount of personal income taxes as would otherwise be assessed.”

The state will DOUBLE your taxes if you don’t comply. ...

Bill S.2552

• Angry 2

I think if you are in legislative or state senate you should not be paid. 
 Same with federal. 

your there to serve the people. 

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

23 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Would using that logic say you may have been exposed to covid every day you are out in public?

I’VE SEEN THE LOCKDOWNS AND THE DAMAGE DONE: 

Study reviews COVID-related hospital visitation limits and family stress. 

“Efforts by hospitals to protect people from COVID-19 by restricting them from visiting family members in ICUs may have contributed to a significant increase in stress-related disorders, according to a study led by University of Colorado School of Medicine researchers.”

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-04-covid-related-hospital-limits-family-stress.html

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2