Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Must be vaccinated to go to Bills game

mead107

6 minutes ago, Figster said:

fat ass smokers, lol

Touche

Granted it's my age, and I suspect I'll offend someone here, but there are three things many Americans still do that blows me away because it's SO obvious how bad it is to do these things: smoke, over-eat and drive a motorcycle without a helmet.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Figster said:

People have different fears. Over half a million people have died from covid. To me thats reason enough to be fearful. I don't classify them as cowards and to me its just another unjustified way to lash out at people IMO.

I don't agree with what Highmark is doing. Its an outdoor stadium and I believe we have high enough numbers now to avoid an outbreak. To me your kids under 12 are safer mixed in with vaxxed then they would be at school. 

A very large percentage of that number are people who died WITH covid, not from it.  That crucial distinction and its implications are substantial.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
30 minutes ago, Figster said:

People have different fears. Over half a million people have died from covid. To me thats reason enough to be fearful. I don't classify them as cowards and to me its just another unjustified way to lash out at people IMO.

I don't agree with what Highmark is doing. Its an outdoor stadium and I believe we have high enough numbers now to avoid an outbreak. To me your kids under 12 are safer mixed in with vaxxed then they would be at school. 

Conversely, people were terrified of AIDS in the mid-to-late '80s, when as many as 10,000 people were dying annually from it.  But no one fears the flu, which even in mild years kills more in the US than the worst year of the AIDS epidemic.

People fear what they're told to fear.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

14 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Conversely, people were terrified of AIDS in the mid-to-late '80s, when as many as 10,000 people were dying annually from it.  But no one fears the flu, which even in mild years kills more in the US than the worst year of the AIDS epidemic.

People fear what they're told to fear.

40,000 deaths a year isn't all that tragic.

14 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

A very large percentage of that number are people who died WITH covid, not from it.  That crucial distinction and its implications are substantial.

I get that, and the truth is we have allot of unhealthy people in the US for various reasons. Life is still precious be it a year, month , or even weeks. Covid is splitting familys up and putting sick loved ones all alone facing the unknown. 

So while I think the point you make is valid and perhaps something everyone needs to understand. It doesn't make the mutating virus any less dangerous IMO. Unlike the flu or cold this virus is not seasonal so you could already say its 3 times worse in that regard IMO.

Sorry If I'm drifting off topic here...

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

40,000 deaths a year isn't all that tragic.

Neither is 10,000...unless it's AIDS.  Or Ebola, for that matter.  

Tragedy is what you're told is tragedy.

• FANtastic 1

38 minutes ago, Figster said:

fat ass smokers, lol

Touche

This is our country. A young woman bitching about the priorities of straight men on TikTok while sucking on a stick that is unequivocally proven to destroy her life at a young age.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, IDBillzFan said:

This is our country. A young woman bitching about the priorities of straight men on TikTok while sucking on a stick that is unequivocally proven to destroy her life at a young age.

She's not wrong, though...why the &#%$ is anyone on TikTok?

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Too bad the media doesn't do an equally good job scaring people about heart disease, which has killed more people that COVID in the same time period.

Look at what you can do to reduce your changes of dying from heart disease:

• quick smoking
  • lower cholesterol
  • lose weight
  • exercise
  • lower your blood pressure.

All of those are free and relatively easy to accomplish, and this comes as a person who quit smoking after almost 30 years of pack-a-day.

Yet fatass smokers are everywhere.

Why isn't the media trying to scare those people?

Funny, same steps to lower your chances of dying from Covid.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Too bad the media doesn't do an equally good job scaring people about heart disease, which has killed more people that COVID in the same time period.

• quick smoking
  • lower cholesterol
  • lose weight
  • exercise

All of those are free and relatively easy to accomplish, and this comes as a person who quit smoking after almost 30 years of pack-a-day.

Heart disease kills 600k+ Americans each and every year like clockwork. 

You're murdering people if you don't wear a mask!!! Pass the fries...

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

• quick smoking
  • lower cholesterol
  • lose weight
  • exercise

How quick do I have to smoke for it to become good for me? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

Heart disease kills 600k+ Americans each and every year like clockwork. 

You're murdering people if you don't wear a mask!!! Pass the fries...

What someone does to themselves is by choice. If you contaminate the air someone else breaths can you see the reason for conflict? People have learned to be careful over the years from colds or flu. Big money in treating the symptoms. This virus is more contagious requiring extra precautions. 

Adding to the numbers you are pointing out is not a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

What someone does to themselves is by choice. If you contaminate the air someone else breaths can you see the reason for conflict? People have learned to be careful over the years from colds or flu. Big money in treating the symptoms. This virus is more contagious requiring extra precautions. 

If this is such a high risk, then the health officials should be able to provide the data on the infection rates of the vaccinated from the unvaccinated, and the mortality rates of those cases.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, GG1 said:

If this is such a high risk, then the health officials should be able to provide the data on the infection rates of the vaccinated from the unvaccinated, and the mortality rates of those cases.

With so many cases not reported how accurate or useful do you think the data will be on infection rates?

Edited by Figster

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

With so many cases not reported how accurate or useful do you thing the data will be on infection rates?

people are so sick, they need a highly manipulated test to tell them them to start freaking about the death plague 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

With so many cases not reported how accurate or useful do you thing the data will be on infection rates?

Aren't you arguing against your point?

If the cases aren't being reported, wouldn't that suggest that all of them are mild and asymptomatic, and pose almost no risk?

Again, why hasn't anyone been able to quantity the risk to the vaccinated from the unvaccinated?  If it's really bad enough to prevent thousands from attending events, the data should be handy.  No?

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

I was highlighting those numbers in terms of what people fear. 

I'm in favor of focused protection. If you're immunocompromised, elderly or have multiple comorbidities then you should take extra precautions. Everyone else should go back to life as normal to the extent they are comfortable. 

https://gbdeclaration.org

To expand on the fear and numbers angle I've got an easy sure fire way to turn your garden variety influenza season that kills 40-60k per year into one that kills 250k+ per year:

Institute nationwide mass flu pcr testing with a Ct cutoff of 40 and voila, deaths of those dying from/with flu increases 5 fold. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Aren't you arguing against your point?

If the cases aren't being reported, wouldn't that suggest that all of them are mild and asymptomatic, and pose almost no risk?

Again, why hasn't anyone been able to quantity the risk to the vaccinated from the unvaccinated?  If it's really bad enough to prevent thousands from attending events, the data should be handy.  No?

My point of taking extra precautions because Covid is more contagious then the common cold and flu and not seasonal? Seems like that helps my argument, no?

I can understand the desire to see actually numbers to get a gauge on how well the vaccines are working. I've seen articles. Everything gets out dated so fast though its in a constant state of flux real time IMO.

It does not change the way I feel about the overall safety mixing vaxxed and unvaxxed at Highmark. My personal opinion is everyone is relatively safe in an outdoor venue IMO.

If you have health problems and feel its not a good idea, don't go...

Edited by Figster

27 minutes ago, Figster said:

My point of taking extra precautions because Covid is more contagious then the common cold and flu and not seasonal? Seems like that helps my argument, no?

I can understand the desire to see actually numbers to get a gauge on how well the vaccines are working. I've seen articles. Everything gets out dated so fast though its in a constant state of flux real time IMO.

But if we could figure a way to find and share those pertinent numbers with the same bloodthirsty enthusiasm used to share anecdotal death stories about the guy whose last words were "I should have been vaccinated," perhaps we wouldn't have to shut down the country and pay people to sit on their asses when it has become embarrassingly clear to anyone paying attention that we have FUBAR'd this entire thing, destroyed lives, livelihoods and businesses because of something that has a surivival rate of death than .02%.

It's like Ralphie is what the government wants you fear about Covid, and his parents are your average leftist American.

It...it was...it was COVID! AHHHHH!

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1