Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England : Week 13 Game Week Thread

Ann

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I live 30 minutes from Gillette and have several friends who work in the regional sports media who spoke of this to me; but even if this wasn’t the case, it was *widely* reported across multiple stations by multiple reporters and pundits, most prominently Lou Merloni.

I assure you this was exactly the case.

If it’s not, then Bill’s approach to the draft was that of a bumbling idiot who stumbled over backwards into a bucket full of luck.

If you are targeting a specific someone in the first round, who you think will be your franchise quarterback for the next 10-15 years, you don’t sit on your hands and take the chance that he’ll be there at 15 when you’re nearly certain that four players at his position will be off the board by then.

Thats how stupid front offices for poorly run franchises operate. 

Ben Volin of The Boston Globe as well.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

You are contradicting yourself.  

On one hand you claim Bill was ordered to select a QB in the first round by Mr. Kraft.

On the other hand you acknowledge that Bill sat on his hands, ignored the edict and got lucky.   

But in order for both of your claims to be true, Bill had to tell Mr. Kraft to &#%$ off and then he ignored the edict.  Then he got lucky because other FO's are stupid.  Bill is anything but stupid.

The last time Mr. Kraft interfered with a QB decision Jimmy G. got traded to the 49er's for a second.  Bill did what he was told then.  This time he didn't after last years dumpster fire of a season?  No.

Bill did what the always does and took the calculated risk/reward position.  It paid off.

If Mr. Kraft had issued an edict, Bill would have moved up.  The edict rumor is false.

There is no contradiction in the bolded.

4 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Ben Volin of The Boston Globe as well.

Could have been his "idea".  But that is far from an order and Bill obviously didn't feel it was necessary to follow.  You know how the draft worked out.  Had another team 1-14 chosen Mac what would Bill have done?  Oops, sorry Mr. Kraft I &#%$ed up?

Not how the Patriots run.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
17 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

You are contradicting yourself.  

On one hand you claim Bill was ordered to select a QB in the first round by Mr. Kraft.

On the other hand you acknowledge that Bill sat on his hands, ignored the edict and got lucky.   

But in order for both of your claims to be true, Bill had to tell Mr. Kraft to &#%$ off and then he ignored the edict.  Then he got lucky because other FO's are stupid.  Bill is anything but stupid.

The last time Mr. Kraft interfered with a QB decision Jimmy G. got traded to the 49er's for a second.  Bill did what he was told then.  This time he didn't after last years dumpster fire of a season?  No.

Bill did what the always does and took the calculated risk/reward position.  It paid off.

If Mr. Kraft had issued an edict, Bill would have moved up.  The edict rumor is false.

The edict rumor is not false.

Smart teams trade up for *specific players* and take them as the BPA in that spot.

The don’t trade up to draft for need without knowing who they very specifically want at that spot.

Bill was content to draft *whichever player was left over at 15*, as Kraft had instructed him to take a non specific first round quarterback.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Did Bill draft a QB in the first round?

Did Bill do NOTHING to make sure one was even available?  He didn't behave like a person that was told what he MUST DO.

This isn't hard, but you are willing to ignore the facts and logic to defend what you admit were rumors?  Why?

Not the right hill, but you do you.

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The edict rumor is not false.

Smart teams trade up for *specific players* and take them as the BPA in that spot.

The don’t trade up to draft for need without knowing who they very specifically want at that spot.

Bill was content to draft *whichever player was left over at 15*, as Kraft had instructed him to take a non specific first round quarterback.

So in your world, what QB does Bill take IN THE FIRST ROUND if Denver had drafted Mac after Trevor, Lance, Zach and Justin were gone?  The dude from Florida?  In the FIRST ROUND?

This is Bill Belichick we are talking about.  You know the guy with 8 SB rings.

Help us understand your wisdom.

Foxx has none.

Edited by Aloyouis
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Did Bill do NOTHING to make sure one was even available?  He didn't behave like a person that was told what he MUST DO.

This isn't hard, but you are willing to ignore the facts and logic to defend what you admit were rumors?  Why?

Not the right hill, but you do you.

I don't think you understand what facts or logic are. Follow along. Tasker stated that there was an edict to draft a QB in the first round. Belichick drafted a QB in the first round. The only person struggling with that is you.

• Haha 2

Just now, LB3 said:

I don't think you understand what facts or logic are. Follow along. Tasker stated that there was an edict to draft a QB in the first round. Belichick drafted a QB in the first round. The only person struggling with that is you.

Sigh.

Mr. Kraft did not.

If he did, Bill did nothing to assure a QB would be available that was first round material.  Hell, half of you Bills fans think Mac wasn't 1st round material. 

Stay with me....

If Mr. Kraft did (lets pretend) order Bill to draft a QB in the first round and Denver chose Mac (or CAR or any team in front of the Pats) you are claiming that Bill would have chosen a QB that was 2nd or 3rd round material to do what Mr. Kraft (supposedly) ordered him to do.

Do I have that right?  That is what you are saying, right?

You don't know how the Patriots are run.  Mr. Kraft does not interfere with personnel decisions with one glaring exception I pointed out to you above.

I'm done with this nonsense.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

So in your world, what QB does Bill take IN THE FIRST ROUND if Denver had drafted Mac after Trevor, Lance, Zach and Justin were gone?  The dude from Florida?  In the FIRST ROUND?

This is Bill Belichick we are talking about.  You know the guy with 8 SB rings.

Help us understand your wisdom.

Foxx has none.

Whoever he had at #6 on his board. Likely Trask, who many valued as a Day 1 pick (who wound up going in round 2), or either Mond or Mills who were taken back to back in the 3rd round, 2 picks after Trask.

Again, he wasn’t overly concerned with which guy he was going to get, only that he had to take someone at that position.

And we’re talking about Bill Belichick, the guy who passed on Tom Brady 6 times, whose career coaching record is 68-76 with only one playoff win without Brady. That guy.

Let’s not pretend that Bill’s draft record has been all that impressive.

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
4 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Sigh.

Mr. Kraft did not.

If he did, Bill did nothing to assure a QB would be available that was first round material.  Hell, half of you Bills fans think Mac wasn't 1st round material. 

Stay with me....

If Mr. Kraft did (lets pretend) order Bill to draft a QB in the first round and Denver chose Mac (or CAR or any team in front of the Pats) you are claiming that Bill would have chosen a QB that was 2nd or 3rd round material to do what Mr. Kraft (supposedly) ordered him to do.

Do I have that right?  That is what you are saying, right?

You don't know how the Patriots are run.  Mr. Kraft does not interfere with personnel decisions with one glaring exception I pointed out to you above.

I'm done with this nonsense.

This is America, sir, and for the time being you are still permitted to be wrong, and express your uninformed opinions on the Internet.

So do please carry on.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Whoever he had at #6 on his board. Likely Trask, who many valued as a Day 1 pick (who wound up going in round 2), or either Mond or Mills who were taken back to back in the 3rd round, 2 picks after Trask.

Again, he wasn’t overly concerned with which guy he was going to get, only that he had to take someone at that position.

And we’re talking about Bill Belichick, the guy who passed on Tom Brady 6 times, whose career coaching record is 68-76 with only one playoff win without Brady. That guy.

Let’s not pretend that Bill’s draft record has been all that impressive.

I find it hilarious that a Bills fan would be so ignorant of football to disparage the man that has made your football life miserable for 20 years.

The chutzpa is amazing.

You have been educated on the topic. I can lead a horse to water...

53 minutes ago, Ann said:

Awesome  :sarcasm:

The most miserable game I've ever been at was the November '89 home game versus Pats.  Temp was supposedly in the '40s, but didn't feel that at all with a driving rain & wind off the lake.   Awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aloyouis said:

I find it hilarious that a Bills fan would be so ignorant of football to disparage the man that has made your football life miserable for 20 years.

The chutzpa is amazing.

You have been educated on the topic. I can lead a horse to water...

Your argument is that Belichick is infallible. That is a stretch to anyone who knows that N'Keal Harry exists.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1