Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England : Week 13 Game Week Thread

Ann

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

We need Star. Stop the run at all costs. Make Mac beat you in the cold, wet, wind. 

Sit on EVERYTHING short. Jam everyone at the line.  Make rag arm go over the top to win.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

If ever there was a game to run a 4-3 instead of a nickel, this is it.  Particularly given the weather.  

Conversely...dress Moss, Breida, Singletary, and Gilliam, and run it straight down their throats.  Given the weather.  

Force Mac Jones to beat you with his arm in a Force 6 gale.

If we had a line that could get any push that would be a plan.  But we really don't seem to open any holes no matter the starting 5 on the OL. Maybe that right edge between Williams and Brown?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Sit on EVERYTHING short. Jam everyone at the line.  Make rag arm go over the top to win.  

I really hope we don't play a nickel D tonight.  Pats like to run, so commit to stopping the run and dare 'MJ10' to throw it long.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

Look forward to you not returning to eat crow

XOXO

Win or lose, I'll be back.  It is (hopefully) a long season and we can discuss crow eating when it is over.  My mentality has been shaped in a different way than yours.  This game is big, but it is 1 of 17 regular season games.  Still too many unknowns at this point.

I will say that McDermott needs to get his asst. coaches to stop yapping.  Don't give the Patriots something to feel disrespected about or feeling more like they are the underdog than they already do.  And the Pats are the underdogs for this game.  The weather sure as hell isn't helping but that is big boy football in the north east.

So, what is the over under on broken tables and ER room visits as a result of the Bills Mafia jumping off of campers pre-game?  55 tables and 8 injuries?  

Too low?

20 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

If ever there was a game to run a 4-3 instead of a nickel, this is it.  Particularly given the weather.  

Conversely...dress Moss, Breida, Singletary, and Gilliam, and run it straight down their throats.  Given the weather.  

Force Mac Jones to beat you with his arm in a Force 6 gale.

Gilliam is listed as questionable and may not play.  A good strategy might be quick passes to Beasley, Motor, and Moss, as well as Breida running toward the outside.  Pats are supposedly vulnerable against the run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Win or lose, I'll be back.  It is (hopefully) a long season and we can discuss crow eating when it is over.  My mentality has been shaped in a different way than yours.  This game is big, but it is 1 of 17 regular season games.  Still too many unknowns at this point.

I will say that McDermott needs to get his asst. coaches to stop yapping.  Don't give the Patriots something to feel disrespected about or feeling more like they are the underdog than they already do.  And the Pats are the underdogs for this game.  The weather sure as hell isn't helping but that is big boy football in the north east.

So, what is the over under on broken tables and ER room visits as a result of the Bills Mafia jumping off of campers pre-game?  55 tables and 8 injuries?  

Too low?

I'm pretty sure that has been curtailed on stadium property.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I really hope we don't play a nickel D tonight.  Pats like to run, so commit to stopping the run and dare 'MJ10' to throw it long.

Yeah, but we will.  Taron is pretty good against the run so they will line him up on Hunter Henry all night I expect.  And if that doesn't work Frazier will stick with it until the bitter end.  Make no mistake, Frazier will NOT let Agholor and the deep passing game beat us even if it means giving up 300 yards on the ground.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

This is the way to go for the Bills.  I agree.

That said, you under estimate his arm and his feet.

MAC JONES’ NUMBERS FROM ALABAMA’S PRO DAY/COMBINE

-40 time: 4.68, 4.72

-Vertical: 32″

-Broad: 9’8″

-Shuttle: 4.39 seconds

-3 cone: 7.04 seconds

Jones was not required to be a dynamic athlete at Alabama; however, he showed pro teams that he can be one.

For reference:

1.Josh ran a 4.75 40 yard.

2. Mac was the fastest 40 yard time of the top 5 QB's selected this year.

You don't hear much about Mac's agility because he doesn't choose to run unless forced.  He has good (and getting better) pocket awareness and moves within it well.  He will take a sack before forcing a throw and suspect he will get sacked a number of times tonight.  Sometimes that is good decision making.  It took 32 games for Josh to start to realize that.  

Mac has been slowly allowed to audible a little the last couple of games and I suspect he will do too more tonight.  His greatest strength is between his ears (He was named the SEC and National Student Athlete of the Year last year.) so his reads at the line pre-snap will be huge in this weather.

Edited by Aloyouis

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Yeah, but we will.  Taron is pretty good against the run so they will line him up on Hunter Henry all night I expect.  And if that doesn't work Frazier will stick with it until the bitter end.  Make no mistake, Frazier will NOT let Agholor and the deep passing game beat us even if it means giving up 300 yards on the ground.

You could very well be right.  The bolded would be maddening and I doubt we win if the Pats get more than 150 yards on the ground, the D wouldn't be able to get off the field if that is the case.

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If we had a line that could get any push that would be a plan.  But we really don't seem to open any holes no matter the starting 5 on the OL.

I know.  But it's still a better plan than trying to open up the run with the pass, which is far less likely to work in the forecast weather.

10 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

One can only hope that Frazier will be that dumb, but given the weather he might change his mind.  Jauronimo nailed it above.  Stack the box, play fast and be ready to get wide on the jet and toss sweeps.  Setting the edge will be huge if the Bills can do it.  Pay attention to where the FB goes because Harris and Stephenson run right behind him.  Old fashioned mentality with a HUGE playbook  (that Cam Newton could not learn).

Edited by Aloyouis

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

One can only hope that Frazier will be that dumb, but given the weather he might change his mind.  Jauronimo nailed it above.  Stack the box, play fast and be ready to get wide on the jet and toss sweeps.  Setting the edge will be huge if the Bills can do it.  Pay attention to where the FB goes because Harris and Stephenson run right behind him.  Old fashioned mentality with a HUGE playbook  (that Cam Newton could not learn).

If even I can tell that conditions dictate a 4-3, and Frazier runs a nickel, he should be fired.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

We have a qb who can run, they don't... Josh will be the X factor. 

25 mph winds. I also think Allens arm strength will help in the short and mid range  passing game. Mac is a good all around athlete. This is true, but anything Jones can do , Josh can do better IMO. Hell, Mac Jones isn't even the best bama QB in our division in my opinion. 

What say thee @Aloyouis

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

If even I can tell that conditions dictate a 4-3, and Frazier runs a nickel, he should be fired.

I wonder how much they've practiced in that alignment.  I cannot recall ever seeing Milano, Edmunds, and Klein on the field at the same time.  Klein plays pretty well when hes going downhill to stop the run.  I think there's a 1% chance it will happen but it would be interesting to see 3 LBs on the field and Edmunds outside lining up on their big TEs.

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Do the Bills have the horses to run 4-3 effectively?  I honestly don't know.  I know the Pats have the OL/TE's to run at just about anything IF (IF!!!) that is the game plan.  The trouble is the game plan changes from opponent to opponent.

My biggest worry for tonight?  Josh McDaniels can be too "smahht" for his own good and call some spectacularly dumb play combos.  There was a sequence against the Cowboys in the red zone where he called 3 screens in a row.  THREE!!!

None worked.  FG.

Inside Josh's head: "I bet they won't think I would call a second screen after the last one was a failure!"

Pats lose 5 yards...

Inside Josh's head: " I bet they won't think I will call three screens in a row after the first two sucked!!"

Pats lose yards again.  Nick Folk walks on the field.  

1 minute ago, Figster said:

25 mph winds. I also think Allens arm strength will help in the short and mid range  passing game. Mac is a good all around athlete. This is true, but anything Jones can do , Josh can do better IMO. Hell, Mac Jones isn't even the best bama QB in our division in my opinion. 

What say thee @Aloyouis

Tua?

There isn't a GM in the league that would agree with that assertion.  Not one.  At least none that want to keep their jobs.  

• Cheers 1