Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England : Week 13 Game Week Thread

Ann

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

While you are correct your response doesn't fit with the notion that it is all about Aloyouis. As penance for not recognizing the new leader of the opposition, (the AOC of the NFL) you must spend the game time hours on Monday night ATOP's game time thread. 

No Heated GIF - No Heated Outrage - Discover & Share GIFs

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Not sure but I think there is some kind of the universe's irony within his lapse of context there.

You are right. Perhaps he was talking about a sandwich?

• Haha 1

Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills need to learn how to play like a team that can roll with the punches in bad weather conditions. Monday nights game is more about a finesse football team in the Bills finding its footing in high winds, rain /and or snow. Then the opposition we face IMO. If the Bills can't learn to play in bad weather, we beat ourselves. Anyone can beat us. Myself personally, the Bills are a fast track team that is built to play in a controlled environment in my humble opinion.  

Edited by Figster

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

I only knew what you meant by having to read it a second time to decipher what the double negative was actually intended to relay.

What does the last sentence in your reply mean? To be honest, I find it kind of amusing. 

You should have easily figured out I wrote it wrong.  Also, I went over there and you are being treated very well.  You have also, like me, been civil and in return treated civilly.  Unfortunately, there are few folks here that can't control themselves and should really be over on the stadium wall.

My be honest comment?  Don't misrepresent how you have been treated at the planet.   We have MANY long time posters that are fans of other teams that are welcome and important parts of that online community.  They represent their teams as fans and they discuss rosters, wins/losses and the general football.  That is how that forum has grown to include such a diverse and high IQ football membership.  I was looking for the same here.

I went out of my way to welcome you to the planet there.  Many others also welcomed you.  

Still hope it can manifest itself here but it will largely be up to the senior/ longtime members here to set the example.  Again, as I did there for you.

image.thumb.png.a27cc6d6e88baef1cbe488752ecbad40.png

image.thumb.png.bc8e8c115a1f6dc784a4f8a816f95531.png

image.thumb.png.9b16c3117c16c05c85da0dea632589df.png

image.thumb.png.17f47a1ffb28752ab704ce885b5994e0.png

image.thumb.png.c84409f597fb7b04928f6e3ff2df8ebb.png

image.thumb.png.c47a77f5ba857ada6e73366e80beb755.png

image.thumb.png.8610d882a15c44060274e0a4432128e6.png

I could post many more, but you get the drift.  

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

While you are correct your response doesn't fit with the notion that it is all about Aloyouis. As penance for not recognizing the new leader of the opposition, (the AOC of the NFL) you must spend the game time hours on Monday night ATOP's game time thread. 

LOL.  I am not a leader of anything on a fandom message board.  And if you knew even 1% oabout my political beliefs your would NEVER EVER compare me to that communist cancer from NY.

12 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

LOL.  I am not a leader of anything on a fandom message board.  And if you knew even 1% oabout my political beliefs your would NEVER EVER compare me to that communist cancer from NY.

Wow. You seem to be the leader of the opposition here even though it can be counted on one or two fingers. I understand your reluctance to be publicly thrown in with AOC and her cohorts but if the shoe fits................... Aren't you from that state that has a woman governor that looks like she used to be a male Olympic star? 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Wow. You seem to be the leader of the opposition here even though it can be counted on one or two fingers. I understand your reluctance to be publicly thrown in with AOC and her cohorts but if the shoe fits................... Aren't you from that state that has a woman governor that looks like she used to be a male Olympic star? 

Yup.  We have Bitchmer for 18 more months and then she is out on her ass.  I think I saw a warning about politics here so I will leave it at that.

2 hours ago, Figster said:

Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills need to learn how to play like a team that can roll with the punches in bad weather conditions. Monday nights game is more about a finesse football team in the Bills finding its footing in high winds, rain /and or snow. Then the opposition we face IMO. If the Bills can't learn to play in bad weather, we beat ourselves. Anyone can beat us. Myself personally, the Bills are a fast track team that is built to play in a controlled environment in my humble opinion.  

If something is beginning to click, and it might be, and they can find the running game that has been lacking, and I think they may be doing, they could be dangerous from here out. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, who do you want, Barney Fife or Clint Eastwood?

Josh Allen is a good QB.  

You trying to compare a 1st round draft pick that is performing way above expectations to Barney Fife is, well, Barney Fife-ish.  To call him names belittles yourself or your football acumen.........or both.

Why can't you just say "shit, the kid might be good, let's see how he does Monday"?

Even the best QB's have bad games.  Maybe Mac does on Monday.  Maybe Josh does.  Maybe they both don't.

This is why they play the games and we (the fans) watch.

I am just glad the division is competitive and that it is the Bills rather than the Dolphins or the Jets.

Deranged Rhino
8 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Josh Allen is a good THE BETTER QB BY EVERY METRIC.  

FIFY.

Enjoy the mediocrity that comes with having a soft, game manager for a QB instead of a hammer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aloyouis said:

In that case let me ask you a non-political question. Suppose that back in the early to mid 2000s Belichick had traded away Tom Brady for Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees, straight up. What effect do you or other Patriots fans believe such a trade would have had on the Patriots’ number of Super Bowl wins? How many Super Bowl rings would Tom Brady have won had he gone to a team like the Packers, the Chargers, or the Saints? 

20 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

If something is beginning to click, and it might be, and they can find the running game that has been lacking, and I think they may be doing, they could be dangerous from here out. 

We know Josh Allen can run the football from the QB position. Probably better then any QB in the league not named Lamar Jackson. BB realizes as much and is going to try to prevent this from happening. Dumping the ball off to Breida and Singletary in space is key IMO. I think both RB's have big play capabilities IMO. Hopefully Daboll has a balanced short yardage game plan that also finds ways to get Knox and Diggs the football.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Arm of Harm said:

In that case let me ask you a non-political question. Suppose that back in the early to mid 2000s Belichick had traded away Tom Brady for Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees, straight up. What effect do you or other Patriots fans believe such a trade would have had on the Patriots’ number of Super Bowl wins? How many Super Bowl rings would Tom Brady have won had he gone to a team like the Packers, the Chargers, or the Saints? 

So you are asking me two questions:

1 - Suppose that back in the early to mid 2000s Belichick had traded away Tom Brady for Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees, straight up. What effect do you or other Patriots fans believe such a trade would have had on the Patriots’ number of Super Bowl wins?

This assumes that the Chargers/Saints would have made that trade back then (they would not, IMO).  That said, I don't think it would have changed much during the first dynasty (2001-2004) as Brady was a complimentary player on teams with exemplary coaching a great defenses.  During the second dynasty (2015-2019) Brady was key for the first two (Seahawks, Falcons) and along for the ride again against the Rams.  So, had the trade been made I think the Pats could have lost 2 Super Bowls without Brady  (2015, 2017).  That is HUGE.

2- How many Super Bowl rings would Tom Brady have won had he gone to a team like the Packers, the Chargers, or the Saints? 

No flipping idea.  I don't know those teams well enough.  Hell, they only combined for two with Rodgers and and Brees, both first ballot HOF's.

• Like 1