Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England : Week 13 Game Week Thread

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I wonder how much they've practiced in that alignment.  I cannot recall ever seeing Milano, Edmunds, and Klein on the field at the same time.  Klein plays pretty well when hes going downhill to stop the run.  I think there's a 1% chance it will happen but it would be interesting to see 3 LBs on the field and Edmunds outside lining up on their big TEs.

I don't recall them ever doing it (except maybe in short yardage, goal line situations).  But they've had 10 days to prepare it...and the Pats would be seeing it for the first time, meaning they wouldn't be prepared for it.  

It'd be a very sound change to make for today, for several reasons.  Probably won't happen, though.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Tua?

There isn't a GM in the league that would agree with that assertion.  Not one.  At least none that want to keep their jobs.  

I realize your not very fond of Tua who just had back to back games recently completing over 80% of his passes. Its only been done 4 times in the history of the NFL. Probably would have done it again yesterday carving up the Giants D. If not for the drops. 

Edited by Figster

10 minutes ago, Figster said:

I realize your not very fond of Tua who just had back to back games recently completing over 80% of his passes. Its only been done 4 times in the history of the NFL. Probably would have done it again yesterday carving up the Giants D. If not for the drops. 

I don't have a fondness or unfondness (made that word up) for Tua either way.  

He has been in the league for two years and couldn't Fitzmagic off the field without ownership getting involved.  If Miami can keep winning with the limited playbook they are using now he will be fine.

But no GM would take him over Mac. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

I don't have a fondness or unfondness (made that word up) for Tua either way.  

He has been in the league for two years and couldn't Fitzmagic off the field without ownership getting involved.  If Miami can keep winning with the limited playbook they are using now he will be fine.

But no GM would take him over Mac. 

Love the guy, but Fitzy is a noodle armed turnover machine. Writing was on the wall. We've been there, done that, and I thought the way Flores handled the QB's/ Tuas development was very innovative in my humble opinion Aloyouis.

Myself personally, I think the Dolphins including GM are very happy now with how everything including not trading for Watson turned out IMO.

Edited by Figster

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

17 is better than 10. 

That'll matter the most tonight.

17 + 14 = 31,  and a Bills victory

Ya Digg my Deranged Rhino?

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 11/30/2021 at 8:10 AM, Aloyouis said:

The Mac choice was his for sure.

The Mac “pick” wasn’t an endorsement of Mac, nor was him “falling” to the Patriots some stroke of genius draft management by Bill.

The “draft a QB in round 1” was an edict from Kraft. There was enough smoke drifting up among Patriots beat reporters in the local media saying that, citing “sources within the organization” that there must have been fire.

Bill wasn’t particularly enamored of any of them. If you are drafting a QB, and you think he’s going to be “your guy”, you move up to take him.

Bill looked at the board ahead of him, and reasoned that one of the 5 first round projected guys would be available to him at 15. He was fine with whichever one that was.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Love the guy, but Fitzy is a noodle armed turnover machine. Writing was on the wall. We've been there, done that, and I thought the way Flores handled the QB's/ Tuas development was very innovative in my humble opinion Aloyouis.

Myself personally, I think the Dolphins including GM are very happy now with how everything including not trading for Watson turned out IMO.

I want that trade to happen so bad.  Miami would shred their future.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The Mac “pick” wasn’t an endorsement of Mac, nor was him “falling” to the Patriots some stroke of genius draft management by Bill.

The “draft a QB in round 1” was an edict from Kraft. There was enough smoke drifting up among Patriots beat reporters in the local media saying that, citing “sources within the organization” that there must have been fire.

Bill wasn’t particularly enamored of any of them. If you are drafting a QB, and you think he’s going to be “your guy”, you move up to take him.

Bill looked at the board ahead of him, and reasoned that one of the 5 first round projected guys would be available to him at 15. He was fine with whichever one that was.

I'd like to see some sources for your post presented as fact above. I'm extremely tune into the Boston Sportscene even though I live in Michigan. I spend an hour running every morning listening to both Boston sports stations and I have many relatives back in the Boston area that I discuss this with. At no point did I ever hear of an edict coming down from above.

And if there was and edict coming down from Mr. Kraft, Bill Belichick must've given him the big FU because the way Belichick handled the draft Mac could've been off the board easily by the time the Patriots picked at 15. That wouldn't be doing a good job of listening to your boss, would it?

Edited by Aloyouis

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
Just now, Aloyouis said:

I'd like to see some sources for your post presented as fact above. I'm extremely tune into the Boston Sportscene even though I live in Michigan. I spend an hour running every morning listening to both Boston sports stations and I have many relatives back in the Boston area that I discuss this with. At no point did I ever hear of an edict coming down from above.

And if there wasn't Edith coming down from Mr. Kraft, Bill Belichick must've given him the big FU because the way Belichick handled the draft Mac could've been off the board easily by the time the Patriots picked at 15. That wouldn't be doing a good job of listening to your boss, would it?

I live 30 minutes from Gillette and have several friends who work in the regional sports media who spoke of this to me; but even if this wasn’t the case, it was *widely* reported across multiple stations by multiple reporters and pundits, most prominently Lou Merloni.

I assure you this was exactly the case.

If it’s not, then Bill’s approach to the draft was that of a bumbling idiot who stumbled over backwards into a bucket full of luck.

If you are targeting a specific someone in the first round, who you think will be your franchise quarterback for the next 10-15 years, you don’t sit on your hands and take the chance that he’ll be there at 15 when you’re nearly certain that four players at his position will be off the board by then.

Thats how stupid front offices for poorly run franchises operate. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

If it makes you feel better, neither did Tre White

Bad loss for both teams.  Bills best cover guy and Patriots leading tackler.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I live 30 minutes from Gillette and have several friends who work in the regional sports media who spoke of this to me; but even if this wasn’t the case, it was *widely* reported across multiple stations by multiple reporters and pundits, most prominently Lou Merloni.

I assure you this was exactly the case.

If it’s not, then Bill’s approach to the draft was that of a bumbling idiot who stumbled over backwards into a bucket full of luck.

If you are targeting a specific someone in the first round, who you think will be your franchise quarterback for the next 10-15 years, you don’t sit on your hands and take the chance that he’ll be there at 15 when you’re nearly certain that four players at his position will be off the board by then.

Thats how stupid front offices for poorly run franchises operate. 

You are contradicting yourself.  

On one hand you claim Bill was ordered to select a QB in the first round by Mr. Kraft.

On the other hand you acknowledge that Bill sat on his hands, ignored the edict and got lucky.   

But in order for both of your claims to be true, Bill had to tell Mr. Kraft to &#%$ off and then he ignored the edict.  Then he got lucky because other FO's are stupid.  Bill is anything but stupid.

The last time Mr. Kraft interfered with a QB decision Jimmy G. got traded to the 49er's for a second.  Bill did what he was told then.  This time he didn't after last years dumpster fire of a season?  No.

Bill did what the always does and took the calculated risk/reward position.  It paid off.

If Mr. Kraft had issued an edict, Bill would have moved up.  The edict rumor is false.