Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Swamp - Will It Ever Be Drained?

Foxx

"Part of the Left’s outrage at Trump was his refusal to speak in hieratic language.* He’s spent his life buying and selling politicians, negotiating with construction unions, bureaucrats, and The Boys."

"He speaks American, and those of us who also love the language are awed and delighted to hear it from an elected official."

Writes David Mamet, in the essay "Attention Must Be Paid," collected in "Recessional: The Death of Free Speech and the Cost of a Free Lunch." 

Here's the footnote, which is the main reason I'm blogging this:

Screen%20Shot%202022-04-15%20at%2010.37.

Those people who got so mad at Trump for lying — in Mamet's view, what really made them mad was that he did not lie. Consider that. It's the language he eschewed — the "hieratic language" — that's full of lies.

RWS_Tarot_05_Hierophant.jpg

Posted by Ann Althouse

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098QSCCH5?&linkCode=ll1&tag=althouse09-20&linkId=87426ff8f81201561e8cf3f2a386a069&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/04/part-of-lefts-outrage-at-trump-was-his.html

• Like 3

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Fansince88

Arm of Harm
On 4/6/2022 at 4:14 PM, Foxx said:

Jack Maxey claims he is going to publicly release 450GB of material from Hunter Biden's abandoned laptop. He is supposedly the same person who disseminated data to the NY Times and WaPo which they have used in their recent editorials/validations on the matter. 

Should be interesting to see if he actually does it, isn't Arkansacided, how long the material remains online before possibly being removed. And, how much longer Merrick Garland is able to resist appointing a Special Council on the matter.

would the special counsel be to investigate the Hunter Biden scandals? Or, would the special council be to investigate the whistleblowers exposing the scandals? 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I wonder what the Disinformation Governance Board is going to do about this tweet...

Why, label it Russian Disinformation, silly rabbit.

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Why, label it Russian Disinformation, silly rabbit.

"Disinformation Governance" is such a ridiculous title, too.

Who governs disinformation?  Do they know what "governance" even is?  :classic_laugh:  It's not even Orwellian, not even Kafkaesque.  It's Canadian Bacon-level absurdity.

Edited by Crap Throwing Monkey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

"Disinformation Governance" is such a ridiculous title, too.

Who governs disinformation?  Do they know what "governance" even is?  :classic_laugh:  It's not even Orwellian, not even Kafkaesque.  It's Canadian Bacon-level absurdity.

Hey now... I love me some Canadian bacon with the right dish, such as eggs benedict. Wait... there is an undertone there, isn't there(?).

Crap Throwing Clavin
34 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Hey now... I love me some Canadian bacon with the right dish, such as eggs benedict. Wait... there is an undertone there, isn't there(?).

"There's a time to think, and a time to act.  And this is no time to think!"

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
22 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Speaking of, whatever happened to xbenedict?

50 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

That was a Michael Moore film?

No Schlitz?  Probably knew that a long time ago, but completely forgot that.

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It has been so long since I saw this that I cant remember if I was impressed.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Fansince88 said:

It has been so long since I saw this that I cant remember if I was impressed.

It had good moments - my other favorite: a news story about suicides at Niagara Falls, with authorities offering Falls police $25 for every suicide prevented, and $50 for every body recovered.  Cut to Rhea Perlman and John Goodman at the base of the Falls with a net and a hook, screaming "Jump!  Jump!" 

But it was not a good movie.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It had good moments - my other favorite: a news story about suicides at Niagara Falls, with authorities offering Falls police $25 for every suicide prevented, and $50 for every body recovered.  Cut to Rhea Perlman and John Goodman at the base of the Falls with a net and a hook, screaming "Jump!  Jump!" 

But it was not a good movie.

yeah, it wasnt Uncle Buck. 

On 5/4/2022 at 5:40 PM, Foxx said:

Brian Cates with his take on the organized RICO conspiracy against Donald Trump.

Durham's Trapped Them All

Here's to hoping. 

Know it won't happen, but really want to see every corrupt person in DC that was a part of this go down.

• Cheers 1

More from Techno Fog regarding the "in-camera review."

Transcript - the fight over "privileged" Fusion GPS e-mails

... As we updated on Twitter, the Court granted Durham’s motion to compel production of documents for in camera review (meaning review by the judge). The purpose of this step is so the judge can determine whether the attorney-client privilege and/or the work product protections apply to these documents and communications. ...

• Like 1