Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Tua likes puppies more.  [/Fins fans]

For some reason even the cute little bitch puppies hump his leg. 

22 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Allen isn’t “running all over the place”.

Is that so.  The below rushing stats/comps will indicate that the Bills' offense being a backyard football game with the neighborhood athlete on your team isn't that far off.  This is definitely accurate for teams like the Ravens.

He only had an average of 4.6 designed runs per game (79 total over the course of the regular season according to Matt Bowen of ESPN). He only carried the ball 122 times total.

Not sure how Matt Bowen would know any of this.  

According to Pro Football Reference 54 of Allens run’s converted 1st downs. 5 of his designed runs went for TDs, again according to Matt Bowen of ESPN.

Pretty useless stat as it does not indicate % runs on first, second, third, or fourth downs.  I have no problem with Allen running to pick up the first if there is a clear lane.  I don't like designed runs where there is no pass option as that invites injury.  It is not sustainable for long term success (and health.)

image.thumb.png.37c829ea9bdc14aea636b98181fb8e88.png

The above are the total rushing stats for the Bills from 2021 from nfl.com.  Allen amassed only 107 fewer rushing yards than Motor, and almost 420 more rushing yards than Moss.  Additionally, Josh has the high water mark for rushing in a game at 134 yards, Singletary is second at 107 yards (it's on the site.)  Josh is the vast majority of the offense and it's not even arguable.  The Bills did a very poor job running the ball and Josh was forced to compensate for that.  This neither balanced nor sustainable and history indicates this...Elway, Cam, Favre, Big Ben, and there are others.  Mobile QBs will be forced to run less and rely on short passing and their RBs more as they age.  You seem to advocate the opposite, which is lunacy at its finest.

image.thumb.png.d74bd547b304efc5cc8c0427d960b9a5.png

The above are the total rushing stats for the Ravens for 2021.  I put this here for comparison to show what an unbalanced offense looks like in terms of rushing.  Lamar is easily the team's offense and will not be able to keep this up, no mobile QB in history has...time catches up and his body will not be able to take the beatings.  His time as a QB is limited, where as Josh should evolve into more of the type of QB Favre, Big Ben and Elway became and have a long career.  Many agree those are Josh's comps.

image.thumb.png.ef5e04d516fb0460691d36e17502c310.png

The above is the rushing stats for the Chiefs for 2021.  A lot more balanced.  Jerick McKinnon has the teams high water mark for rushing at 150 yards, where Mahomes is second at 117 yards.  Mahomes is a mobile QB, like Josh, but he is not their primary rushing threat like Josh is for Buffalo.  Notice the difference between Mahomes' attempts and those for Josh, then look at Lamar's attempts compared to Josh's attempts; you will see that Josh is MUCH closer to Lamar than Mahomes.  I've stated in a previous post that I have no problem with RPOs and Josh rushing on third and short to pick up the first where it is very easy to do so.  What I don't want happening is planned runs on first or second and long as that puts your $250M at risk unnecessarily.  

As for who is crying...hint: it ain't me.  I see you and Spartacus agree on your insane stance that Josh should run more...you might want to rethink this.  Anyway, I'll leave you two to discuss this as I'm done with it.  I've made my point both here and in previous posts; the fact that you don't like it is not my concern.

Baldinger loves JA, and he especially loves that he owns the Fish.

Not sure if you see it on your screen, but the video below says you have to click the "view" button because "The following media includes potentially sensitive content."

Even Twitter knows how rough it is being a Fish fan these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • FANtastic 1
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Baldinger loves JA, and he especially loves that he owns the Fish.

Not sure if you see it on your screen, but the video below says you have to click the "view" button because "The following media includes potentially sensitive content."

Even Twitter knows how rough it is being a Fish fan these days.

"The more they play Josh Allen, the less they learn."  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1
  • FANtastic 2

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

An object lesson for the ages in people who think they are smarter than everyone else and unable to do anything to filter out their own confirmation bias.

sort of like when computer nerds crank out new "analytics" because they are smarter than everyone

and don't bother to check if the "results" make any sense

any analytical tool that ranks Josh Allen #16 for 2022's forecast is pretty much garbage   

https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-quarterbacks-changing-situations

Edited by Spartacus

Crap Throwing Clavin
51 minutes ago, Ann said:

Josh Allen: 31 rushing touchdowns (103 passing TDs, 1 receiving TD)
Christian McCaffrey: 30 rushing touchdowns (17 receiving TDs)

:classic_ohmy:

wow.jpg.085eb119362a11437268716a88dffa4e.jpg

In one less season, no less.

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

In one less season, no less.

Proving once again that the most important ability is availability.

McCaffrey is a crazy talented, athletic dude but he can't stay on the field.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Proving once again that the most important ability is availability.

McCaffrey is a crazy talented, athletic dude but he can't stay on the field.

It's really a shame because he is such a special talent. Two years ago they gave him a shitload of money. Now they don't even know who their quarterback is going to be.

• Like 2

This is funny shit.

Josh makes it on TMZ going out with his girlfriend in LA, and Mitch Morse responds appropriately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4