Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know why it can't be symbiotic.  People pretend to like black and white only when there's an uniformed bias.

The easiest thing in the football world is to blame the OC when things aren't going well and laud the QB when they are.  Reality is much different and the easiest example was the mob mentality when Roman was in town and the resulting happiness when he was unceremoniously canned.  He was a GREAT OC.

He is still is a great OC.

I was completely flummoxed when Rex fired GR. So much so that I almost washed my seasons down the tube when that happened. 

• Cheers 2

IDBillzFan
On 7/2/2022 at 9:40 AM, Foxx said:

It will be interesting to see how he does in NY. I see that Schoen is firmly in control over there. Reported yesterday morning was that Chris Mara was removed as senior vice president of player personnel. Seeing Schoen having actual control, Daboll has a good shot at being successful.

If he has a shot, I'd wager to say it's not with Jones under center. It would not surprise me to see Schoen continue to get rid of contracts, collect a few picks, and look for a QB in next year's draft.

Also, I drink a lot so I could be wrong.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

IDBillzFan

I'd heard of this, but have never seen it before. It's the video Josh sent out to colleges.

At the 1:00 mark, watch him launch a ball 70 yards with a flick of the wrist.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

On 7/5/2022 at 11:56 AM, IDBillzFan said:

If he has a shot, I'd wager to say it's not with Jones under center. It would not surprise me to see Schoen continue to get rid of contracts, collect a few picks, and look for a QB in next year's draft.

Also, I drink a lot so I could be wrong.

You could be right; the Colts sucked for Luck, same with the Dolphins for Tua (LOL).  So the Giants will have to suck this year, which I think will come naturally for Daboll.  Is there any QB in the 2023 draft worth sucking for?

I'm not a huge Daboll fan and suspect any accolades he has received thus far have been off the back of Josh.  Not sure if Schoen is the real deal or working with Beane got him the Giants GM gig.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Between that, and his ability to flick a football 40 yards...I'm very curious what it is about his musculoskeletal system that lets him generate that sort of power.

Allen's not really abnormal-looking, in the way someone like Michael Phelps is (whose weird frame allows him to generate a lot of power swimming).  And while he's clearly very fit, he doesn't look freakishly strong.  So where the hell in his body is he storing up that much potential energy, and leveraging it in to that much force? 

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Between that, and his ability to flick a football 40 yards...I'm very curious what it is about his musculoskeletal system that lets him generate that sort of power.

Allen's not really abnormal-looking, in the way someone like Michael Phelps is (whose weird frame allows him to generate a lot of power swimming).  And while he's clearly very fit, he doesn't look freakishly strong.  So where the hell in his body is he storing up that much potential energy, and leveraging it in to that much force? 

I suspect he's "farm kid strong", which is a thing.

Or he spent an inordinate amount of time touching himself as a youth.

Either one...or both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I suspect he's "farm kid strong", which is a thing.

Or he spent an inordinate amount of time touching himself as a youth.

Either one...or both.

No doubt he's "farm kid strong."

But he's got to have something freakish going on in his joints and ligaments to convert that much strength to that much power.  He's a biophysical oddity.