Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

Deranged Rhino
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Between that, and his ability to flick a football 40 yards...I'm very curious what it is about his musculoskeletal system that lets him generate that sort of power.

Allen's not really abnormal-looking, in the way someone like Michael Phelps is (whose weird frame allows him to generate a lot of power swimming).  And while he's clearly very fit, he doesn't look freakishly strong.  So where the hell in his body is he storing up that much potential energy, and leveraging it in to that much force? 

Just a guess... 

Deez_Nuts_50.png

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

No doubt he's "farm kid strong."

But he's got to have something freakish going on in his joints and ligaments to convert that much strength to that much power.  He's a biophysical oddity.

My son is the same size as Josh Allen. My son is strong, but nowhere as fast or as coordinated (and he wasn't that fast or strong even at 25).  I think you are asking a very good question. 

IDBillzFan
22 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I suspect he's "farm kid strong", which is a thing.

Or he spent an inordinate amount of time touching himself as a youth.

Either one...or both.

I never knew 'farm kid strong" was even a thing. Then I spent a summer in the mid-80s working in Lancaster, PA, and some of the Amish kids were just freakishly strong. 

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I never knew 'farm kid strong" was even a thing. Then I spent a summer in the mid-80s working in Lancaster, PA, and some of the Amish kids were just freakishly strong. 

I grew up doing a decent amount of it.  I was a pretty small kid but when it was super obvious when we'd start wrestling season that I was way stronger than kids who weren't involved in farming.  I think a lot of it is just constantly doing combo lifts that can't really be simulated elsewhere but are done almost daily and literally 10 to 100s of times.

Pavel Tsatsouline has a theory called "greasing the groove" that kinda lines up with it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

So should we start calling him aoliavogat? :ban:

It's always the quiet ones... :censored:

• Haha 4

IDBillzFan
34 minutes ago, Ann said:

Jordan Palmer loves Josh Allen.

#1 player on the planet
He's the most talented player to ever play the position.

What a time to be a Bills fan.

Not being a real student of individual positions, I really appreciate Palmer's note that you need to throw three passes in the NFL: drive, layer, touch.

The dude was prodding him on Cam Newton relative to Josh, and Palmer wouldn't have it. And I was glad to see it because Cam proved to everyone that he WAS a great quarterback, but in my mind, he never put in the work to maintain his abilities, like Josh does every off season.

Alaska Darin
11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

What a time to be a Bills fan.

Not being a real student of individual positions, I really appreciate Palmer's note that you need to throw three passes in the NFL: drive, layer, touch.

The dude was prodding him on Cam Newton relative to Josh, and Palmer wouldn't have it. And I was glad to see it because Cam proved to everyone that he WAS a great quarterback, but in my mind, he never put in the work to maintain his abilities, like Josh does every off season.

Cam was destined to fail because the officials refused to protect him.  I've never seen a QB take so many blatantly illegal shots without calls being made.

I don't disagree with you one bit about him not being a huge worker on his craft.  I don't think that's at all disputable.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 7:45 AM, Alaska Darin said:

On 7/7/2022 at 9:13 AM, Ann said:

Where is that? Colorado? California?

Based on the Stephen Curry photos posted, looks like Tahoe, so California.

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Cam was destined to fail because the officials refused to protect him.  I've never seen a QB take so many blatantly illegal shots without calls being made.

Ed Hochuli was caught on mic telling Cam directly that he "wasn't old enough" to get roughing calls.  

The way Cam was treated was absolute bullshit.  I wish Brady were treated that way.

• Cheers 2

Jabba The Hutt
On 7/7/2022 at 1:57 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Between that, and his ability to flick a football 40 yards...I'm very curious what it is about his musculoskeletal system that lets him generate that sort of power.

Allen's not really abnormal-looking, in the way someone like Michael Phelps is (whose weird frame allows him to generate a lot of power swimming).  And while he's clearly very fit, he doesn't look freakishly strong.  So where the hell in his body is he storing up that much potential energy, and leveraging it in to that much force? 

On 7/7/2022 at 2:01 PM, Alaska Darin said:

I suspect he's "farm kid strong", which is a thing.

Or he spent an inordinate amount of time touching himself as a youth.

Either one...or both.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:15 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Just a guess... 

Deez_Nuts_50.png

You guys know exactly where that leverage comes from...his Dingus!!:classic_love:

Alaska Darin

When I watch these...I have to pinch myself because this is OUR 26 year old QB.  TWENTY SIX.  Doing things literally no QB in the history of the league has ever done.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
45 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

When I watch these...I have to pinch myself because this is OUR 26 year old QB.  TWENTY SIX.  Doing things literally no QB in the history of the league has ever done.

But he's no Tua.  And Mac Jones still does it better.  

• Haha 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Man, dude needs to work on looking off the safety.

Bad news for Poyer and his contract negotiations.

• Haha 4