Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

Odds to win NFL MVP: Bills’ Josh Allen is the preseason favourite

2022-06-CP149438474-Cropped.jpg

... Best NFL MVP odds

The favourite: Josh Allen (+600)

The 2020 runner-up is a worthy favourite thanks to the variety of things he does to help the Buffalo Bills win. Because of his elite athleticism, Allen is the NFL’s most dynamic dual threat. 

Last year, Allen generated rushing production akin to a low-end starting running back as well as prolific passing numbers.

Passing Yards NFL Rank Passing TD NFL Rank Rushing Yards NFL Rank Rushing TD NFL Rank
4407 8th 36 7th 763 25th 6

t-20th

Allen took a small step backward in 2021 and there are concerns about his ability to avoid turnovers as only two quarterbacks threw more interceptions than he did in 2021. His yards per attempt (6.8) also spoke to less-than-ideal efficiency, but he led an offence that scored the third-most points in the NFL.

The 26-year-old could benefit from the continued breakout of Gabriel Davis — who exploded for 201 yards and four touchdowns in a heartbreaking playoff loss to the Kansas City Chiefs — plus the additions of Jamison Crowder, Khalil Shakir and James Cook to an already stacked offence. ...

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I like how they included his parents! I wonder when he gets a "real" national contract?

• Like 4

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Ann said:

I like how they included his parents! I wonder when he gets a "real" national contract?

The countdown clock is ticking.  He's easily the most likeable NFL player today and when the BILLS win the Super Bowl they're going to be lining up to pay him a gazillion dollars to market whatever.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The countdown clock is ticking.  He's easily the most likeable NFL player today and when the BILLS win the Super Bowl they're going to be lining up to pay him a gazillion dollars to market whatever.

You'd think State Farm would have the brains to jump on the opportunity now to start milking the Mahomes vs. Allen rivalry, particularly after last year.  And after "The Match."

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

My fear is Progressive might be looking to move on from Mayfield and I don't think Watson is their ideal candidate.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Night Owl said:

My fear is Progressive might be looking to move on from Mayfield and I don't think Watson is their ideal candidate.

Progressive needs to do a commercial with Baker moving into his new stadium home. 😜

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ann said:

Progressive needs to do a commercial with Baker moving into his new stadium home. 😜

They could sign Allen to a four year contract with the premise as him as an unofficial contractor working out the minute details of building a new Bills stadium next to the old one that would favor his skill set.  I just don't want him cursed with Progressive though.

• Like 3

Bills Star Josh Allen Named ‘Scariest QB’ in NFL: Fox Sports

... Allen “is scary because he’s an aggregation of all these dudes on the list,” Acho says. “He can be in that perfect zone coverage, and Josh Allen will have that ball zoom right by you. Or he might tuck and run right that joint. And then worse, [he’s] big enough to truck you if you sleep. At 6-foot-5, 240 [pounds] — If you sit here and try to squat down and make the tackle, you might end up on your back.”

“You’ve seen him hurdle tackle several defenders,” Acho continues, noting how “he can embarrass you with his legs and his arms.” ...

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

The chicken or the egg?

It's an interesting question. I think Josh was going to make it no matter what.

While I agree that JA was likely going to be successful regardless, pretending Daboll isn't a good OC is folly. 

Dabolls starting QBs have been:  Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Seneca Wallace, Jake Delhomme, Matt Moore, Chad Henne, and Matt Cassel.

RBs:  Peyton Hillis, Jamal Charles, and then a  buncha washed up guys.  Hillis had his only 1000 yard season under Daboll.  Jamal Charles had over 1500 yards in the one season Daboll was his OC.

WRs:  Brandon Marshall (who he somehow got the ball to 81 times for over 1200 yards with Matt Moore starting 12 games) and then household names like Mohammed Massoquoi and Dwayne Bowe.

His head coaches were Mangini, Sparano, and Romeo Crennel.  If he's guilty of anything, it's taking jobs where the deck is stacked against him.  That's the nature of the business in the NFL.

Coordinators generally aren't successful without players and good head coaches.  I'm not at all surprised that Daboll's resume prior to Allen/Diggs/Beasely/etc doesn't look great from the outside but there's so much more to that story that's basically being ignored.

All I need to know about Daboll has come from the BILLS' players, who have unanimously talked about what a good dude he is and how he's more than just the OC to them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

While I agree that JA was likely going to be successful regardless, pretending Daboll isn't a good OC is folly. 

Dabolls starting QBs have been:  Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Seneca Wallace, Jake Delhomme, Matt Moore, Chad Henne, and Matt Cassel.

RBs:  Peyton Hillis, Jamal Charles, and then a  buncha washed up guys.  Hillis had his only 1000 yard season under Daboll.  Jamal Charles had over 1500 yards in the one season Daboll was his OC.

WRs:  Brandon Marshall (who he somehow got the ball to 81 times for over 1200 yards with Matt Moore starting 12 games) and then household names like Mohammed Massoquoi and Dwayne Bowe.

His head coaches were Mangini, Sparano, and Romeo Crennel.  If he's guilty of anything, it's taking jobs where the deck is stacked against him.  That's the nature of the business in the NFL.

Coordinators generally aren't successful without players and good head coaches.  I'm not at all surprised that Daboll's resume prior to Allen/Diggs/Beasely/etc doesn't look great from the outside but there's so much more to that story that's basically being ignored.

All I need to know about Daboll has come from the BILLS' players, who have unanimously talked about what a good dude he is and how he's more than just the OC to them.

I don't disagree. In addition to what the players say about Daboll, he just comes across as an all around good guy.

It will be interesting to see how he does in NY. I see that Schoen is firmly in control over there. Reported yesterday morning was that Chris Mara was removed as senior vice president of player personnel. Seeing Schoen having actual control, Daboll has a good shot at being successful.

I mainly posted the Tweet for the question, "Did Josh Allen make the coach or did the coach make Josh Allen?"

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I don't disagree. In addition to what the players say about Daboll, he just comes across as an all around good guy.

It will be interesting to see how he does in NY. I see that Schoen is firmly in control over there. Reported yesterday morning was that Chris Mara was removed as senior vice president of player personnel. Seeing Schoen having actual control, Daboll has a good shot at being successful.

I mainly posted the Tweet for the question, "Did Josh Allen make the coach or did the coach make Josh Allen?"

I don't know why it can't be symbiotic.  People pretend to like black and white only when there's an uniformed bias.

The easiest thing in the football world is to blame the OC when things aren't going well and laud the QB when they are.  Reality is much different and the easiest example was the mob mentality when Roman was in town and the resulting happiness when he was unceremoniously canned.  He was a GREAT OC.

• Like 3