Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

Alaska Darin
3 hours ago, Nanker said:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but here’s another Brett Kolemann goodie:

The play that starts at 7 minutes might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.  Not only does Moss barely slow Judon's rush but Diggs is literally triple covered - yet Allen throws him open while on his back foot with a free blitzing LBer closing quickly.

Unreal.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino
5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The play that starts at 7 minutes might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.  Not only does Moss barely slow Judon's rush but Diggs is literally triple covered - yet Allen throws him open while on his back foot with a free blitzing LBer closing quickly.

Unreal.

It's really unfair at times. JA17 is unreal.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

It's really unfair at times. JA17 is unreal.

When they slow that play down...it's just absurd it was successful.  Diggs runs like 20+ yards into the football, completely bending the route from where he was to where he ended up.

That video was only 14ish minutes long but it's really good stuff and shows just how good Daboll's offense is conceptually, even when the defense is essentially in a perfectly called coverage.

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

When they slow that play down...it's just absurd it was successful.  Diggs runs like 20+ yards into the football, completely bending the route from where he was to where he ended up.

That video was only 14ish minutes long but it's really good stuff and shows just how good Daboll's offense is conceptually, even when the defense is essentially in a perfectly called coverage.

Absolutely. Though watching it and hearing the Daboll praise was the first time I've been concerned about not having him calling plays this year. Hopefully Dorsey's learning curve will be short. 

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Absolutely. Though watching it and hearing the Daboll praise was the first time I've been concerned about not having him calling plays this year. Hopefully Dorsey's learning curve will be short. 

Dorsey was a brilliant QB when he played.  I'm sure the learning curve will be there because it always is but player continuity, the addition of Kromer (which is enormous), and the continued evolution of JA17 will probably mask just about every issue.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

True.  But having Allen lets a lot of stuff that shouldn't work, work.

Expecting (well, hoping) you're right & the learning curve is short.  Thing is, Dorsey can add a whole new look w/ the addition of Howard that nobody has on tape.  The Bills didn't have many/any passing plays out of 2 TE sets.  Now they do (will, whatever).  One more wrinkle to torture DCs with.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Thing is, Dorsey can add a whole new look w/ the addition of Howard that nobody has on tape.  The Bills didn't have many/any passing plays out of 2 TE sets.  Now they do (will, whatever).  One more wrinkle to torture DCs with.

We're on the same page here.  I can see this being a huge deal in short yardage/goal line situations or when teams wanna play their traditional defenses.  Being able to keep one TE in to keep them in a run look while sending the other down the seam opens countless possibilities.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Nanker said:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but here’s another Brett Kolemann goodie:

"...sometimes Allen is such a freak of nature that he'll just do some weird inexplicable bullshit throw that only, like, five humans on the planet can do."

"I don't blame Bill Belichick for looking like he's speed-walking through the Seventh Circle of Hell every time he has to face these guys..."

Those two lines are going to have me laughing to myself all day.  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Alaska Darin
7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

"...sometimes Allen is such a freak of nature that he'll just do some weird inexplicable bullshit throw that only, like, five humans on the planet can do."

"I don't blame Bill Belichick for looking like he's speed-walking through the Seventh Circle of Hell every time he has to face these guys..."

Those two lines are going to have me laughing to myself all day.  :classic_laugh:

Same.  Even my wife laughed at those and her sense of humor is, to put it mildly, not at all juvenile.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

We're on the same page here.  I can see this being a huge deal in short yardage/goal line situations or when teams wanna play their traditional defenses.  Being able to keep one TE in to keep them in a run look while sending the other down the seam opens countless possibilities.

And let's not forget what new possibilities that James Cook at RB and Kalil Shakir at WR bring to the playbook. Both of them are extremely versatile. Cook can be a slicing back and a wide out. Shakir can line up in any of the three main receiver positions and also in the backfield. 

Josh will be a virtuoso violinist and Dorsey the conductor of The Bills Symphony.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Lamar Jackson made this list (by Bucky Brooks) instead of Burrow or Brady

Five scariest quarterbacks entering 2022 NFL season

2. Josh Allen

Allen is a freak show at the position, possessing super-sized dimensions with A-plus arm talent and athleticism. It’s hard to find 6-foot-5, 237-pound quarterbacks with the capacity to throw the ball over the top of the defense or run through a defense on designed QB runs and impromptu scrambles. Allen has put up MVP-like numbers over the past couple years while emerging as one of the premier offensive weapons in the game. As a modern-day single-wing quarterback with a unique set of skills, opposing coaches must craft game plans that account for a dynamic runner and thrower at the position. With few defenses housing enough athletes, particularly at the second level, with the size, length and strength to get Allen to the ground, the stuff the box or fall back into coverage dilemma created by Allen’s skills make it hard for defensive coordinators to rest easy when prepping for the Bills. 

• FANtastic 2
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Lamar Jackson made this list (by Bucky Brooks) instead of Burrow or Brady

Five scariest quarterbacks entering 2022 NFL season

2. Josh Allen

Allen is a freak show at the position, possessing super-sized dimensions with A-plus arm talent and athleticism. It’s hard to find 6-foot-5, 237-pound quarterbacks with the capacity to throw the ball over the top of the defense or run through a defense on designed QB runs and impromptu scrambles. Allen has put up MVP-like numbers over the past couple years while emerging as one of the premier offensive weapons in the game. As a modern-day single-wing quarterback with a unique set of skills, opposing coaches must craft game plans that account for a dynamic runner and thrower at the position. With few defenses housing enough athletes, particularly at the second level, with the size, length and strength to get Allen to the ground, the stuff the box or fall back into coverage dilemma created by Allen’s skills make it hard for defensive coordinators to rest easy when prepping for the Bills. 

I'm surprised to not find Tua there...but I guess it's a list of "scariest to the opponent."

• Haha 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Ann said:

Mac Jones!? 

I get it.  After 20 years of Brady, Pats have yet to be convinced that they're not watching the "next Brady."

But...Kenny Pickett?