Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

it's the economy

Spartacus

23 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I wonder what her spending actually looks like.

When I was in grad school, between that and two jobs I just didn't have time to spend money on anything other than tuition and textbooks.

Coworker complained that between his girlfriend and his income he has to choose between feeding themselves or his dog. Another coworker told him he didnt appear to be starving to which he replied, that not from food, its from beer as he drinks an 18pk a weekend. I told him I just found the money for dinner most of the week. Few minutes later he mentioned the couch he got from Rent-to-own to which I said, hey, I found lunch money. Then he talked about the 4k$ gaming computer he built that he just upgraded the hard drive in and it cost him 500$. 

Our conversation ended with me calling him an irresponsible freeloader wanting an excuse to suck off the nipple of the government. People have no financial sense and want everything their parents worked their whole lives for. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• devnull

• Ann

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Coworker complained that between his girlfriend and his income he has to choose between feeding themselves or his dog. Another coworker told him he didnt appear to be starving to which he replied, that not from food, its from beer as he drinks an 18pk a weekend. I told him I just found the money for dinner most of the week. Few minutes later he mentioned the couch he got from Rent-to-own to which I said, hey, I found lunch money. Then he talked about the 4k$ gaming computer he built that he just upgraded the hard drive in and it cost him 500$. 

Our conversation ended with me calling him an irresponsible freeloader wanting an excuse to suck off the nipple of the government. People have no financial sense and want everything their parents worked their whole lives for. 

The human race is in trouble.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Foxx said:

The human race is in trouble.

I saw someone asking for help on faceplant. She said she couldn't donate plasma because she just got a tattoo.

I stopped reading the sob story right there,

• Angry 1
  • Doh! 2

The Guy In Pants
On 12/29/2023 at 7:36 PM, Fansince88 said:

AND THEY MAKE 1600 A WEEK combined!!!

Stupid &#%$s

• Like 1

At some point, the 💩 is going to hit the fan.

</snip>

Americans’ total credit card balance is $1.079 trillion in the third quarter of 2023, according to the latest consumer debt data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. That’s up from a record $1.031 trillion in the second quarter of 2023, leaving the balance the highest since the New York Fed began tracking in 1999.

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 2
  • Cheers 1

Gavin in Va Beach
2 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

Americans’ total credit card balance is $1.079 trillion in the third quarter of 2023, according to the latest consumer debt data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. That’s up from a record $1.031 trillion in the second quarter of 2023, leaving the balance the highest since the New York Fed began tracking in 1999.

</snip>

At this point, this is what I see every time Biden and his lackeys in the administration and MSM (but I repeat myself) try to sell us the shit sandwich that 'Bidenomics' has us in a stable and robust economy...

Animal House Kevin Bacon GIF - Animal House Kevin Bacon Panic GIFs

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

</snip>

Well I for one will be having words with Mrs. Nanker about her Christmas shopping spree this season. 

• Wow 1
  • Popcorn 1

14 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Well I for one will be having words with Mrs. Nanker about her Christmas shopping spree this season. 

Thoughts and prayers

• Haha 4
  • Applause 1

Fansince88
6 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

</snip>

Meanwhile the FS88 household has no Credit Card debt. No automobile debt. No house loan debt. I owe nobody anything but love!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

\

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Meanwhile the FS88 household has no Credit Card debt. No automobile debt. No house loan debt. I owe nobody anything but love!

Sounds like somebody owes reparations...

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Fansince88
7 hours ago, devnull said:

\

Sounds like somebody owes reparations...

To who? The oppressed who decide to run their debt up beyond the point they can handle. I will tell you what I can do. I will sit down with them and show them how to change their lifestyle and to steal a term from Dave Ramsey who btw, changed my life, have a plastidectomy and cut their cards up. I will tell them to sell so much that it makes the kids wonder if they are next. 

When I was in debt and felt like I was smothering we changed things dramatically.  We as a race need to realize most of what we struggle with is our own fault. As Paul said in Galations 6, know this what a man sows so shall he reap. We need to be mindful of all we do because we are putting seed in the soil of our future. 

Btw, yes I know you were joking in a serious way but this shook something in me. Hope it speaks to someone. 

• Like 3

The Guy In Pants
9 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Wish i could say the same about the house loan lol

But; we use credit card to pay for everything and then pay it off each month. We do this only because of the cash back rewards ect. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

The Guy In Pants
15 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

To who? The oppressed who decide to run their debt up beyond the point they can handle. I will tell you what I can do. I will sit down with them and show them how to change their lifestyle and to steal a term from Dave Ramsey who btw, changed my life, have a plastidectomy and cut their cards up. I will tell them to sell so much that it makes the kids wonder if they are next. 

When I was in debt and felt like I was smothering we changed things dramatically.  We as a race need to realize most of what we struggle with is our own fault. As Paul said in Galations 6, know this what a man sows so shall he reap. We need to be mindful of all we do because we are putting seed in the soil of our future. 

Btw, yes I know you were joking in a serious way but this shook something in me. Hope it speaks to someone. 

That's the problem. Today, people don't believe the things they do are causing their problems. Instead it is always someone else who is doing it. I have family members in their 40's and 50's that still cannot budget or live within their means. Then I hear how bad it is they can't afford a vacation or nice things then get a phone call from a relative to tell me another is upset that "you have such a nice house". Part of the reason my wife and I don't share things with our families. It kind of sucks because you want to be able to share things with family and friends and have them be genuinely happy for you. But nobody in this life will be genuinely happy for you. Instead they will resent you for having something they don't or being able to do something they can't because they simply won't make the effort. We don't even want to invite people over because we are afraid they'll think we are bragging.

What they don't see is two people who put in 50-60 hours a week at their respective careers, working when we get home to get things done that we want to get done to make home what we want. They don't see the years it took to build our wealth by sacrificing the "now" for the "later".  They don't understand why we drive 8 year old cars with 150,xxx miles plus or why we choose to eat at home versus eating out every night or why we pack our lunches. I do blame influencers and social media. These things have sucked the morality, ethics, sense and decency right the &#%$ out of society. Problem is that I do not see those things being injected back. I think they're gone. Of course, not everywhere but pretty damn close. Still good people out there I am sure. 

$8.00 coffees from Starbuck just so you can walk around Target in your trending Pintrest outfit to look important is pretty useless when you get home and find out you aren't going to be able to afford groceries. Not because you didn't have the money but because you were stupid. You can make coffee at home for less than $0.20 a cup. So, forgive me if I have zero pity for them. None. 

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Wish i could say the same about the house loan lol

But; we use credit card to pay for everything and then pay it off each month. We do this only because of the cash back rewards ect. 

Yup! Those reward points were most of my Christmas shopping this year

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I was being facetious

Since you have no debt, you must have some kind of privilege

• Haha 2

Uncle Joe
1 hour ago, devnull said:

I was being facetious

My Uncle sent me a family will from 1633.

The unfortunate girls that did not already have one got one of these:
image.jpeg.d53896a344d67229f3fdc1b3525a37bb.jpeg

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Wife dug us into a bad credit card debt hole about 15 years ago.  (She grew up dirt poor, so learned from her parents that there's no difference between credit cards and cash.  Was a hard time teaching her otherwise.)

As of a year ago, we are free of credit card debt (EDIT: except for carrying the cost of the major furnace replacement and related repairs we had done in October.  Already paid off in 10 weeks.)  In about six months, the car's paid off.  Only debt we have after that is the mortgage.  Which I'm okay with - 15 year (about 10 left), 1.5%, on an appreciating asset with a good amount of equity built up.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Applause 2

Fansince88
3 hours ago, devnull said:

I was being facetious

And it shows! 😆 

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Wife dug us into a bad credit card debt hole about 15 years ago.  (She grew up dirt poor, so learned from her parents that there's no difference between credit cards and cash.  Was a hard time teaching her otherwise.)

As of a year ago, we are free of credit card debt (EDIT: except for carrying the cost of the major furnace replacement and related repairs we had done in October.  Already paid off in 10 weeks.)  In about six months, the car's paid off.  Only debt we have after that is the mortgage.  Which I'm okay with - 15 year (about 10 left), 1.5%, on an appreciating asset with a good amount of equity built up.

Good for you bud. The day we paid off the mortgage mowing the lawn smelled much more sweet!