Top Posters In This Topic

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• devnull

• Ann

Gavin in Va Beach
9 hours ago, Hedge said:

Stephen King’s best horror story is between his own ears

His posts routinely get ripped to shreds for being left-wing/never Trump nonsense. At this point he has to be doing it just for narcissistic attention.

It's sad really. Used to be a big fan. I still hold The Stand as one of the greatest pieces of apocalyptic fiction I've read. At some point his imaginary world and his reality warped together. To be fair he's likely always had a screw or two or 50 loose. As much as I liked IT, I never really saw the need for him to write that the 12 year old girl protagonist felt that she had to screw her 5 friends to bond them together. Really effin' weird. He's sprinkled other similar scenes in other books. 

• Like 1

Yellen: Okay Fine, High Prices Are Here to Stay

Speaking during an interview with ABC News Live over the weekend, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen admitted prices aren't going down, contradicting arguments repeatedly made by the Biden White House about easing inflation. In 2021, Yellen claimed inflation was "transitory." 

</snip>

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ann said:

Yellen: Okay Fine, High Prices Are Here to Stay

Speaking during an interview with ABC News Live over the weekend, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen admitted prices aren't going down, contradicting arguments repeatedly made by the Biden White House about easing inflation. In 2021, Yellen claimed inflation was "transitory." 

</snip>

There is no inflation

Inflation is transitory

Prices are high because greedy capitalists

Inflation isn't as bad as it was 

You are too deplorable to understand how strong the economy is

Prices won't come down

Next up, prices went up because Trump

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I posted this in the finance section, but things are gonna get sporty globally soon...

The Chinese stock market has recently lost the combined GDP of Japan and France - $7T. That is "T" as in trillion.

And then...

The global tremors from China’s real estate crisis are only starting

Chinese investors and their creditors are putting up “For Sale” signs on real estate holdings across the globe as the need to raise cash amid a deepening property crisis at home trumps the risks of offloading into a falling market. The prices they get will help finally put hard numbers on just how much trouble the wider industry is in.

The worldwide slump triggered by borrowing-cost hikes has already wiped more than $US1 trillion ($1.54 trillion) off office property values alone, Starwood Capital Group chairman Barry Sternlicht said last week.

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yeah, well...$14k trading profits in two days.

So suck it, wage slaves.  

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Tell me you don't understand the stock market without telling me you don't understand the stock market.

Nouseforaname
18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

So suck it, wage slaves.  

Short positions or puts?

Crap Throwing Clavin
27 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Short positions or puts?

ARM calls yesterday morning.  Semis are horrifically overpriced (Nvidia has a market cap of some 40 times revenue?  :classic_laugh:), but the exuberance makes for nice short-term moves.

Today...SPX broke a rising wedge late yesterday.  Figured that was good for a drop below 4975, so bought puts out to Friday.  Greatly exceeded my expectations today.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

ARM calls yesterday morning.  Semis are horrifically overpriced (Nvidia has a market cap of some 40 times revenue?  :classic_laugh:), but the exuberance makes for nice short-term moves.

Today...SPX broke a rising wedge late yesterday.  Figured that was good for a drop below 4975, so bought puts out to Friday.  Greatly exceeded my expectations today.

I’m a nvidia shareholder but I’m a buy and hold investor. 

5 hours ago, Ann said:

I posted this in the finance section, but things are gonna get sporty globally soon...

The Chinese stock market has recently lost the combined GDP of Japan and France - $7T. That is "T" as in trillion.

And then...

The global tremors from China’s real estate crisis are only starting

Chinese investors and their creditors are putting up “For Sale” signs on real estate holdings across the globe as the need to raise cash amid a deepening property crisis at home trumps the risks of offloading into a falling market. The prices they get will help finally put hard numbers on just how much trouble the wider industry is in.

The worldwide slump triggered by borrowing-cost hikes has already wiped more than $US1 trillion ($1.54 trillion) off office property values alone, Starwood Capital Group chairman Barry Sternlicht said last week.

</snip>

Ripple effects of the Evergrande collapse.

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

So suck it, wage slaves.  

3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’m a nvidia shareholder but I’m a buy and hold investor. 

Just follow the insiders/congress critters. Nancy is up an unbelievable amount on NVIDA alone.

• Like 1