Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Quarterback Carousel

B-Man

22 minutes ago, Ann said:

Who gets him? Saints (no money), Jets, San Fran? 

Don't forget the Titans who are also in the market. Ultimately though, I think they trade up in the draft and let Tannehill have another year. To answer your question, I don't know.

• Cheers 2

On 2/12/2023 at 6:07 PM, Alaska Darin said:

I laughed when that whole thing was going down.  I hope he signs with the Saints as a final "&#%$ You" to the Raiders.  Why would you make a team send draft capital to a team that doesn't want you anymore?  Nice job, Bowl Cut.  Way to think that whole thing through.

dumb-and-dumber-to-official-trailer-1-01

On 2/13/2023 at 9:05 AM, Ann said:

Chad Henne retired after the game last night.

That reminds me of a Dead Kennedys NSFW song… https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n8bzZEtOcb8

Remember, this is a VERY NSFW linky thingy. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

How much should the Ravens pay Lamar Jackson? How much is he worth in a trade? 

how.jpg.5c61f4083db3669f362d52a377d60233.jpg

I can't help but laugh at the idea of making him the highest paid player in the league over QBs who are clearly better than he is.  I get that every time a new deal is made that it's normally larger than the last one.  But paying him more than Mahomes, JA17, Burrow, etc is a non-starter for me. 

He's never thrown for more than 4k yards, only has over 30 passing TDs in a season once, and hasn't won a playoff game.  People will make the argument about his running but he's not getting any younger and he's already missed games each season with injuries.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
36 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can't help but laugh at the idea of making him the highest paid player in the league over QBs who are clearly better than he is.  I get that every time a new deal is made that it's normally larger than the last one.  But paying him more than Mahomes, JA17, Burrow, etc is a non-starter for me. 

He's never thrown for more than 4k yards, only has over 30 passing TDs in a season once, and hasn't won a playoff game.  People will make the argument about his running but he's not getting any younger and he's already missed games each season with injuries.

"He's also not getting any whiter.  He's not getting a contract because he's a running QB, not a throwing QB, and people don't appreciate running QBs, because running QBs are always black."  [/Deadspin]

They haven't said it yet.  Bet you a dime they will, and an additional dime it'll be from Carron J Phillips.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Another valid point to make in support of Jackson is that he's been playing in a Greg Roman offense.  I'm curious to see what he does with an offense that's more open.

They need to franchise him to find out, but he's going to act like a butthurt princess all season if they do.  Then he'll never sign any new contract with them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, snafu said:

Another valid point to make in support of Jackson is that he's been playing in a Greg Roman offense.  I'm curious to see what he does with an offense that's more open.

They need to franchise him to find out, but he's going to act like a butthurt princess all season if they do.  Then he'll never sign any new contract with them.

I have watched a decent number of his games over the years (mostly because I like watching their defense) and let's just say "the offense he's in hasn't been the issue".  Roman has done a pretty good job of masking his biggest weakness.

A good example was the playoff game in Orchard Park where he had guys running wide open all over the place but couldn't get the ball to them.  He's pretty good at throwing the ball when the routes are vertical or the WRs are stationary but his ability to read/process/throw into windows to moving targets is a HUGE problem.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1