Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

DeAndre Hopkins/[Permission to seek trade/Its now or never/Elvis] Released!

Figster

SquirminThurman
On 5/24/2023 at 2:58 PM, Augie said:

Not really worried about making friends on the home front, is he? 

At some point in your career you have to  be honest about what makes you happy and what you want. Most of us have been there or will be there at some point. D-Hop has been a terrific WR in high volume situations. He wants to win a ring, or at least make a run or two at one. Buffalo is a clear option for him, but I don't think he fits what Buffalo is looking for or needs right now. I felt that way all the way back to the start of FA, and was a very lone voice in the wilderness showing why Gabe Davis is an excellent compliment to Diggs as is. The slot position (WR3) is the real issue. Has been since Bease was dumped. Crowder and Lil Dirty failed last season.

I think at worst Kincaide is a TE2. I actually think he lines up in the slot from day one and catches everything thrown to him. He is a huge size mismatch with any nickel corner, and has great hands. If he can get to a Beasley level of understanding zone awareness we could have a Super Sized Edelman/ Amendola in the slot for a decade. A huge advantage (literally) in the slot. I don't think Buffalo sees Kincaide as a true TE. Expect to see him in the slot early and often. It is a clear and natural mismatch.

So many of our WR are smallish. Kincaide in the slot creates a smarts/hands/size mismatch from the slot from day one.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Like 3
  • O Rly 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SquirminThurman said:

Buffalo is a clear option for him, but I don't think he fits what Buffalo is looking for or needs right now. I felt that way all the way back to the start of FA, and was a very lone voice in the wilderness showing why Gabe Davis is an excellent compliment to Diggs as is.

Also, I want to see what some of of young receivers are capable of, e.g.Justin Shorter, Tyrell Shavers et al. It would be great if one of these guy develops helping with the future of the wide receiver room and future salary management.
But if DHop wins us a Lombardi I'm in.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 4
  • Love 1

Alaska Darin
7 hours ago, Ann said:

Erm

erm.jpg.12974e427145b57cdb116efd0ae7e222.jpg

I'm so curious about DHop's thoughts on Bill O'Brien.  I can't imagine he doesn't harbor ill feelings towards him.

• Like 2

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

At least I'd have a new excuse then...Dalton isn't making it easy for me, what am I supposed to do once he starts catching everything and lots of TDs:crying3:

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Welp.

Does he want to win or does he want to cash in?  Because, kind of like the old bromide you can choose 2 of quick, reasonable price, and quality but not all 3; pretty sure that'll be an either or for him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Does he want to win or does he want to cash in?  Because, kind of like the old bromide you can choose 2 of quick, reasonable price, and quality but not all 3; pretty sure that'll be an either or for him.

If it's about money and years whoever signs him is going to have to make some serious long term concessions with the rest of their roster.  I'm not at all interested in him for more than 2 years because of his age/recent history, and that's with the concession that he's purposely shut himself down because there wasn't a good reason not to.

The only teams that could pay him WR1 money are teams with QBs on rookie contracts.  I'm sure Indy is salivating, provided they could get Irsay outta the bar to engage.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Jabba The Hutt
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

If it's about money and years whoever signs him is going to have to make some serious long term concessions with the rest of their roster.  I'm not at all interested in him for more than 2 years because of his age/recent history, and that's with the concession that he's purposely shut himself down because there wasn't a good reason not to.

The only teams that could pay him WR1 money are teams with QBs on rookie contracts.  I'm sure Indy is salivating, provided they could get Irsay outta the bar to engage.

Trade for Cooper Kupp if we want the best WR and stop playing games.:classic_love:

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Looks like Eagles, Chargers, or Ravens would fit win + money? But longer than 2-3 years? That has to be a two year money deal and after that team friendly cut money.

• O Rly 1
  • Cheers 1