Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

If Trout played in a traditional baseball market like NY, Boston, or St Louis that's all anyone would be talking about.

I wonder what that level of attention would do to him though. Fortunately for him he was drafted by the right team and avoided the attention he clearly doesn’t want. 

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 4/12/2021 at 11:45 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Can a guy be considered an all time great during the middle his career?  Caught a little of the Angels/ Royals tonight.  Trout has been top 5 in MVP voting in each of his nine years, top 2 on 5 occasions and won it three times.  Geez.

Trout is one of the best players anyone alive today will ever see.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 8:45 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Can a guy be considered an all time great during the middle his career?  Caught a little of the Angels/ Royals tonight.  Trout has been top 5 in MVP voting in each of his nine years, top 2 on 5 occasions and won it three times.  Geez.

It's too bad the Angels have never been able to get their act together so we could see him on a contender.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
14 hours ago, KD in CA said:

It's too bad the Angels have never been able to get their act together so we could see him on a contender.

They aren’t a large enough club to both pay Trout’s salary, and field a contender.

Only the Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox could manage it. Also the Mets once they get the finances in order.

Been to Fenway once, I see no need to return.

It was interesting Charlie Hough (Knuckleballer - Rangers) against fastballer for the Sox.

4 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The Fenway Park “Pizza Incident”:

"He's the Pepsi fan of the game  until he get's thrown out"  🤣

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

Been to Fenway once, I see no need to return.

It was interesting Charlie Hough (Knuckleballer - Rangers) against fastballer for the Sox.

I went to a concert there a couple years ago. The stage was in centerfield. It was the first time ever where my seats actually faced the action. 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Almost beyond belief..........

If you assume the average of his prior 2 and subsequent 2 seasons for those missed years, I get career totals of:

2367 Runs (#1)

2370 RBI (#1)

672 HR (#3; non-roid category)

3400 hits - (top 10)

2684 walks (#1)

6297 total bases (#2)

Of course, he's already #1 in OBP, #2 (Ruth) in OBP+SLG, and has a higher BA than anyone who wasn't already retired when Williams started in 1939.

Fair to say the guy could play ball.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Joey Votto with one of the finest defensive plays you’ll ever see.

• Wow 1

4merper4mer

Oooooh I hate the Dodgers.  Profar takes an ugly swing after getting fooled and gets a catcher’s interference.  Kershaw basically comes out in the game and post game and accuses him of trying to injure the catcher.  What an ass.  The umps zone....for both teams...was gigantic all night but that wasn’t enough for Clayton.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 2:20 PM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Looks like he picked up the rare 1-2-5 spare at his local bowling alley.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Tanaka starting off his season in Japan with a bang.

He left the Yankees? 

The things you miss on the West Coast....

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
12 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

He left the Yankees? 

The things you miss on the West Coast....

He went back to Japan in January because he feared his wife and child would catch COVID here in the US.

His desire is to return to the US and re-sign with the Yankees after the 2021 season.

• Cheers 1