Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

Today in History 1974: Aaron hits his 715th home run

On April 8, 1974, Hank Aaron of the Atlanta Braves hits his 715th career home run and breaks the long-standing record held by Babe Ruth. Aaron’s record-breaking 715th homer came in the fourth inning of the Braves’ home opener against the Los Angeles Dodgers, with over 53,000 fans in attendance at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium. Aaron hit a pitch off lefthander Al Downing and the ball went sailing over the fence in left cent…
See More
No photo description available.

Too bad the All Star game can't be in Atlanta.

• Like 2

This is utter bullshit.........

He leaned into a strike !!

Show some guts ump !!

Throw at that sumbitch the first time he gets up tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

This is utter bullshit.........

He leaned into a strike !!

Show some guts ump !!

Throw at that sumbitch the first time he gets up tomorrow.

Yeah, I'd make sure my helmet had extra padding for the next game, were I that guy.

• Like 1

Now that is what baseball is supposed to be.

I just watched the last two innings of Joe Musgrove pitch the first No-Hitter in San Diego Padres history.

Very exciting and wonderful to watch.

MusgrovePadres.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

I haven't watched a single pitch.   That's never happened in my life.   I normally take Opening Day off and just waste the entire time on the couch watching games. 

I have still been watching, enjoying the pure beauty of the sport.

and then they go and put the player on second in the 10th inning like little league and ruin it all.

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I haven't watched a single pitch.   That's never happened in my life.   I normally take Opening Day off and just waste the entire time on the couch watching games. 

Same here. Only a couple years ago, I would go with a few buddies who also happened to be O's fans to the opening festivities in Baltimore. It was an annual guy's weekend away with lots of laughing, beer drinking, and baseball. I haven't even checked the scores this year. I didn't watch a pitch last year because of their wokeness but was going to give it another go this year. I was an inning and a half in and the broadcast started on the Georgia bill and sounded proud of the mlb for moving the AS game... I don't know who won that game or any other game this year and I believe they are out of chances with me. 

• FANtastic 1

You'd figure MLB would be more concerned about this incident last week.

He said it was his first trip to New York City and that he arrived on Saturday. While he is not a fan of either the Mets or the Phillies, he is a baseball fan who wants to see a game in every stadium

BTW, this happened on the corner where my friend lives, where a few months back I described the enhanced security the building had to hire during the pandemic & street violence.

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I have still been watching, enjoying the pure beauty of the sport.

and then they go and put the player on second in the 10th inning like little league and ruin it all.

Are they seriously doing that now? 

• Cheers 1

4merper4mer

Can a guy be considered an all time great during the middle his career?  Caught a little of the Angels/ Royals tonight.  Trout has been top 5 in MVP voting in each of his nine years, top 2 on 5 occasions and won it three times.  Geez.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Can a guy be considered an all time great during the middle his career?  Caught a little of the Angels/ Royals tonight.  Trout has been top 5 in MVP voting in each of his nine years, top 2 on 5 occasions and won it three times.  Geez.

If Trout played in a traditional baseball market like NY, Boston, or St Louis that's all anyone would be talking about.

• Cheers 1

4merper4mer
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

If Trout played in a traditional baseball market like NY, Boston, or St Louis that's all anyone would be talking about.

Agreed.  Oddly enough this might even be true if he played next door at Chavez Ravine.

My all time favorite player is Tony Gwynn.  He is generally well known/regarded but if  he had had an identical career as a Yankee I can’t even imagine.  There are a few guys that are in this category.