Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

No  Hitter alert !

6:00pm

John Means of Baltimore, going into the 9th against Seattle.

on MLB network

UPDATE:

HE DID IT !  e756296b38bd5f68bf8038773e16e7a5

Funny thing he only faced 27 batters, but it's not a perfect game.

He struck out a batter but a passed ball got him to first.

He was then thrown out trying to steal second.

😂

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

Uncle Joe
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

No  Hitter alert !

6:00pm

John Means of Baltimore, going into the 9th against Seattle.

on MLB network

UPDATE:

HE DID IT !  e756296b38bd5f68bf8038773e16e7a5

Funny thing he only faced 27 batters, but it's not a perfect game.

He struck out a batter but a passed ball got him to first.

He was then thrown out trying to steal second.

😂

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/orioles-john-means-throws-no-hitter-vs-mariners-and-just-misses-out-on-perfect-game/
First Oriole complete game no-hitter since Jim Palmer 1969.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 1

Uncle Joe
35 minutes ago, Koko said:

Ouch, that catcher must be kicking himself for &#%$ing up a perfect game for his pitcher.

Definitely not good form for blocking a pitch in the dirt.
And the pitcher gets credited with a wild pitch whilst striking out the batter.

WOW !

Shit !

I was really going to make an effort to see the Angels this year.

Mike Trout, Shoshei Ohtani, and Pujols.

I still will try, but sad that I will miss him.

• Sad 1

Uncle Joe
47 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WOW !

Shit !

Saw all 3 in 2018 Spring Training, Ohtani's 1st year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

WOW !

Shit !

Don't see how this would change your plans.  Seeing Pujols play the past several years would be like seeing him at an old timers game.  The only stat category he led the league in while an Angel was double plays grounded into (twice).  What a colossal cluster&#%$ by the Angels to give him that contract.  I remain baffled at MLB teams giving contracts of this duration to guys who have already hit their peak.

The only thing worse is trading for a guy like this (like the Mets and Cano :facepalm: )

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

The Pujols situation is an interesting one. He apparently had a massive dust up with the front office. He has murdered Ryan Yarborough over the years, and was furious that he was on the bench against him. Angel’s manager Joe Maddon recused himself from the situation and deferred to the front office and their analytics team who apparently made the decision. He was released the next day.

He was growing unhappy with his situation and reduced ABs, but with Ohtani healthy this year he was never goi g to be a regular at DH, and he’s just too much of a liability in the field at this point.

I wonder if some American League team in need of a DH will pick him up and give him another 400 or so plate appearances.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
On 5/7/2021 at 8:43 AM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The Pujols situation is an interesting one. He apparently had a massive dust up with the front office. He has murdered Ryan Yarborough over the years, and was furious that he was on the bench against him. Angel’s manager Joe Maddon recused himself from the situation and deferred to the front office and their analytics team who apparently made the decision. He was released the next day.

He was growing unhappy with his situation and reduced ABs, but with Ohtani healthy this year he was never goi g to be a regular at DH, and he’s just too much of a liability in the field at this point.

I wonder if some American League team in need of a DH will pick him up and give him another 400 or so plate appearances.

He was clearly on the downward slope his final season in St Louis.  The Cardinals were very fortunate that Pujols thought he'd get paid big endorsement money in California, so he took a deal that on paper was actually less money than he'd have made in St Louis (more money in California for the same number of years but the COLA between Missouri and California would have more than eaten up the difference).

I met him the season before he left.  He is not a pleasant human being.  Believe it or not, his wife is actually worse.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
59 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He was clearly on the downward slope his final season in St Louis.  The Cardinals were very fortunate that Pujols thought he'd get paid big endorsement money in California, so he took a deal that on paper was actually less money than he'd have made in St Louis (more money in California for the same number of years but the COLA between Missouri and California would have more than eaten up the difference).

I met him the season before he left.  He is not a pleasant human being.  Believe it or not, his wife is actually worse.

Wow... that’s not something you hear very often. All you hear is what a great guy he is, though that’s probably the work of a well paid PR team.

18 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Wife whose never had to lift a finger and is married to a guy worth nine figures....that's not much of a stretch.

On 5/15/2021 at 12:46 PM, B-Man said:

I’m down in Pittsburgh to visit my daughter. We will be heading to the Pirates/ Giants soon

❤️

We are family rides again 👍

Rennie Stennett, two-time Pirates World Series champ and only man to go 7-for-7, dies at 72

Pittsburgh Pirate second baseman best known for the day he went 7-7 in a 9 inning game at Wrigley Field.

Baseball has lost a number of legends this past year (Seaver, Gibson, Morgan, Brock,..) 

• Sad 1