Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

On 1/16/2021 at 7:38 AM, Uncle Joe said:

I saw Kluber throw 3 scoreless innings in Spring Training in 2018.
It was actually 5 no hit innings in Spring Training ( I kept an article that I found recently)
He reminded me very much of Maddux.

I also made sure to get a Chief Wahoo shirt before he got retired.

New York Yankees' Corey Kluber throws 6th no-hitter in MLB this season, stopping Texas Rangers
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31474453/new-york-yankees-corey-kluber-throws-6th-no-hitter-mlb-season-stopping-texas-rangers
Kluber (4-2) threw 71 of 101 pitches for strikes in his ninth start for the Yankees. With his fastest pitch at 92.5 mph, he mixed 31 curveballs, 27 cutters, 23 sinkers, 18 changeups and two four-seam fastballs.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This is why I love baseball, just when you think you have seen it all, something like this happens.

I'm not a fan of professional baseball, and it's been at least a decade since I've even watched even a whole inning, but I am always amazed when I see professional athletes who don't know the basic rules of the sport they earn their living from (not to be confused with rules that only rarely get dredged up). That first baseman had no business doing anything other than stepping on the base when the runner retreated.

• Like 1

</snip>

On July 11, Mack is projected to be the first WNY player drafted in the first round since 1978, when Matt Winters of Williamsville South went 24th overall to the Yankees. Mock drafts have him going in the 19-25 range, maybe to the Yanks at 20th overall.

</snip>

article

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Ann said:

Would've contributed had they had that working yesterday, too.  But didn't see one in the stands.

Was pretty easy to get in and the game was fun.  The only "glitch" was, the Jays said in several e-mails leading up to the game that everybody had to have their own MLB Ballpark app account to show the tickets, they couldn't each remain on the single account.  Well, 1 son's I-phone is too old to run the app & my old man refuses to have a cellphone.  So, rather than being able to show the ticket taker all 4 barcodes at 1 time (which would've saved me about a 1/2 hour setting up the accounts & ~5 minutes getting through the line AND wouldn't have ticked off the guy scanning tickets) had to show him 1, then logout, then logbook in, then pull up the ticket, then log out again 3 times.  Fun.  

But after that, lines were short pretty much everywhere, except for souvenirs.  But they didn't seem to be selling anything Buffalo specific, so, why bother? 

No masks necessary in the stands.  Pretty sure they wanted people wearing masks in the concourses and the bathrooms, and would say there was ~90% compliance with it, though the ushers weren't jerks about it for the few that didn't wear them in the concourses.

Great weather for the game.  Altuve and the 2nd baseman (will remember his name 2 minutes after pressing "submit reply") of the Stros got heckled mercilessly for their part in the cheating scandal.  Which was also fun.

Doubt will ever go to another game until the powers that be become less "woke" but it was fun to be at one of the few MLB games that'll ever be played in Buffalo.

• Cheers 1

4merper4mer

I’ve been watching a fair amount of MLB this year and I think my new favorite player is Salvador Perez, the Royals catcher.  He is clearly the team leader of a team with a lot of young talent, calls great games for a young pitching staff, sets a good tone for everyone and plays the game the right way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Has there ever been an inning that epitomized the Mets more accurately?

That had to be the Mets-iest thing ever.  Awesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1