• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Ann

• IDBillzFan

• Cinga

• 1 month later...

I haven't watched an award show in years, but apparently the Trans Culture and anti-gun lobby hit even the CMT last night. But let's be honest, most of what claims to be "country" anymore is really just a different shade of hip-hop

image.png.c5a5c7d4924f320018f2bcc90a3223c6.png

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

How the &#%$ do you study "non-binary and transgender archaeology?"  

I mean, I guess you could replace the standard "We don't know what this artifact was for, so it must be religious" with "We don't know what this artifact was for, so it must celebrate LGBTQIA+ rights."  Or redefine the redefinition of Cleopatra as a gay black woman.

But...c'mon, seriously?  

8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

How the &#%$ do you study "non-binary and transgender archaeology?"  

I mean, I guess you could replace the standard "We don't know what this artifact was for, so it must be religious" with "We don't know what this artifact was for, so it must celebrate LGBTQIA+ rights."  Or redefine the redefinition of Cleopatra as a gay black woman.

But...c'mon, seriously?  

I just looked and didn't see it so I guess I didn't post it but... there was a video a couple days ago where a student asked her anthropology professor whether or not he could identify a male or female by studying their bones. The professor stated he could not, which drew laughter from the rest of the class.

I'll see if I can find it in the am.

11 hours ago, Foxx said:

I just looked and didn't see it so I guess I didn't post it but... there was a video a couple days ago where a student asked her anthropology professor whether or not he could identify a male or female by studying their bones. The professor stated he could not, which drew laughter from the rest of the class.

I'll see if I can find it in the am.

@Crap Throwing Clavin

I guess Riley Gaines has become somewhat of a celebrity.

The video

A longer video of the happening from a different angle which allows for clarity on the professors comments.

An Article:

‘Woke’ University of Pittsburgh professor denies difference in male, female skeletons

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

His CV.  Check out his teaching load.  "Activist Anthropology."  :classic_laugh:

http://www.anthropology.pitt.edu/people/gabby-m-h-yearwood

This guy's an activist anthropologist, not an archaeologist.  I don't think he's ever inspected a skeleton.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
46 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

We know Jack Daniels is the Bud Lite of whiskeys, but apparently Jack Daniels knows it, too.

Just now, Ann said:

Jack Daniels

I really don't get it.  Most companies embrace this sort of narrowly-targeted "oppressed" demographic add for one simple reason: the demographic has cash to spend, but isn't spending it on their brand.  Women in the '70s, a burgeoning black middle class, middle-class gays (who traditionally have gobs of spending money, for not raising kids).

But the activist trans demographic?  What do they have, after psychotherapy, hormone therapy, campy wardrobe costs...maybe thirty dollars' spending money split between them?  This marketing campaign is going to increase Jack Daniels' sales by maybe six bottles?  

• I don't know 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 2