Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Spartacus

Billsandhorns
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I really don't get it.  Most companies embrace this sort of narrowly-targeted "oppressed" demographic add for one simple reason: the demographic has cash to spend, but isn't spending it on their brand.  Women in the '70s, a burgeoning black middle class, middle-class gays (who traditionally have gobs of spending money, for not raising kids).

But the activist trans demographic?  What do they have, after psychotherapy, hormone therapy, campy wardrobe costs...maybe thirty dollars' spending money split between them?  This marketing campaign is going to increase Jack Daniels' sales by maybe six bottles?  

I would argue that they will actually lose sales. The people that do not support this will probably drink something else  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Ann

• IDBillzFan

• Cinga

53 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I really don't get it.  Most companies embrace this sort of narrowly-targeted "oppressed" demographic add for one simple reason: the demographic has cash to spend, but isn't spending it on their brand.  Women in the '70s, a burgeoning black middle class, middle-class gays (who traditionally have gobs of spending money, for not raising kids).

But the activist trans demographic?  What do they have, after psychotherapy, hormone therapy, campy wardrobe costs...maybe thirty dollars' spending money split between them?  This marketing campaign is going to increase Jack Daniels' sales by maybe six bottles?  

Just imagine what it's going to do for Nike.

• clown 3
  • Facepalm 3

11 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Why isn't all this crap called cultural approbation? Does that only apply to race but is okay for gender confusion?

Sexual blackface.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Sexual blackface.

Yup! But for some stupid a55 reason this is applauded rather than condemned as sexist. Where are the feminists of today? Are they really okay with men sexualizing and demeaning them like this? 

48 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Yup! But for some stupid a55 reason this is applauded rather than condemned as sexist. Where are the feminists of today? Are they really okay with men sexualizing and demeaning them like this? 

It's coming. Women are what is going to save mankind from itself.

44 minutes ago, Foxx said:

It's coming. Women are what is going to save mankind from itself.

Please define 'women'.

Also, are you assuming gender identity?!?

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Just imagine what it's going to do for Nike.

It is just skipping a step. Homosexual male fashion designers have decided what looks women should wear for eons. It is why most clothing looks better on a hanger than on a woman with breasts, hips, and butt. This guy is just the flat board look that gay fashion designers have always aspired for women. I bet the designers at Nike are thrilled. 

How women will react to this? 🤷‍♀️ We've let gay fashion designers tell us what to wear for so long, I am not sure this will be a negative. 

37 minutes ago, Koko said:

Please define 'women'.

Also, are you assuming gender identity?!?

I will.... There are 2 sexes, male and female period... To claim another "gender identity" is either make believe fantasy or a mental disorder by the one making the claim and anyone playing along is only enabling that mental disorder. 

Prove me wrong

Edited by Cinga
  • Cheers 3

4 hours ago, Cinga said:

I will.... There are 2 sexes, male and female period... To claim another "gender identity" is either make believe fantasy or a mental disorder by the one making the claim and anyone playing along is only enabling that mental disorder. 

Prove me wrong

How dare you!

Henceforth, I shall not spend a single penny on whatever it is you do, that I never had any intention of spending money on anyhow! Further, I call upon everyone else to refrain from spending money, that they never had any intention to spend, on any products or services affiliated with you.

You, xir, are cancelled! Take that, Adolf!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a sexually explicit drag show to organize for my local preschoolers.

Edited by Koko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Safety for their employees"?!?!  There's a huge boycott going on, but I wasn't aware anyone had threatened an employee. WTH would they? It isn't like some random driver made any of these marketing decisions. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

"Safety for their employees"?!?!  There's a huge boycott going on, but I wasn't aware anyone had threatened an employee. WTH would they? It isn't like some random driver made any of these marketing decisions. 

There's always some nutbar making threats.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Koko said:

How dare you!

Henceforth, I shall not spend a single penny on whatever it is you do, that I never had any intention of spending money on anyhow! Further, I call upon everyone else to refrain from spending money, that they never had any intention to spend, on any products or services affiliated with you.

You, xir, are cancelled! Take that, Adolf!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a sexually explicit drag show to organize for my local preschoolers.

Does that mean we can't be friends anymore? I'll buy the first round as long as it's not an Anheuser-Bush product? :cheers:

• Cheers 2